Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Can't believe those tickets have a kid who has dropped the gloves for a scrap on them. Not in this league anymore.
That is Marco Caprara on the ticket. The Sting have players from the past on their STH tickets for the team's 25th anniversary. He is pictured ready to fight because Sting fans would probably not recognize him with a helmet and gloves on and a stick in his hand. He played from 2002-05 and racked up 794 PIM in 96 fights. Nice guy off the ice, though. These days, you may have to watch the OHL for 10 years before you see 96 fights

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
My Christmas wish for Flint fans. Stable good ownership. Smart good GM. Good coaches. So we could get on here and just talk hockey and what players we like or dont like. Instead of worrying about if we have a team next year or what players want out. Just wish for once we could have stability.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
7 goals in less then 7 minutes.

Both goalies pulled after giving up 3 each. Not sure I've ever seen that.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think Wellwood has made pretty decent strides with this team. Especially considering he's being consistently handcuffed with a short bench, but he's mismanaged the goalies a bit I think. He was gonna go Vella-Cavallin-Vella this weekend? I don't know why he doesn't see Cavallin is clearly the guy here. In the future and now.

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I think Wellwood has made pretty decent strides with this team. Especially considering he's being consistently handcuffed with a short bench, but he's mismanaged the goalies a bit I think. He was gonna go Vella-Cavallin-Vella this weekend? I don't know why he doesn't see Cavallin is clearly the guy here. In the future and now.

Well according to the play by play guys for Sarnia, Cavallin will be suspended for shooting the puck over the glass after a goal.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Well according to the play by play guys for Sarnia, Cavallin will be suspended for shooting the puck over the glass after a goal.
Into the crowd or the net... Just saw he got a game misc. for it on the Box Score.. 7-5 after two. What's going on over there? lol

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Wonder if they can get Evan Morrison here for Sat-Sun? I was worried it was something he said. Homophobic slur or something, which is like 10 games or something. The puck over the glass has to be shorter than that. Absolutely terrible special teams tonight.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
What the hell happened last night??? Crazy amount of goals in the first period. Tou would think being up 2 goals they would have played with lots of heart and integrity instead they came back out in the 2nd and 3rd and it seemed like they lost the drive to play. What happened in the dressing room during intermission?
Also did anyone else see the tension between Wellwood and Cavallin after he sent the puck over the boards?
The league runs this team so the league needs to step up. What will it take? People should send tonnes of emails to BB and his dad to express their dislikes in how they are running the show.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
What the hell happened last night??? Crazy amount of goals in the first period. Tou would think being up 2 goals they would have played with lots of heart and integrity instead they came back out in the 2nd and 3rd and it seemed like they lost the drive to play. What happened in the dressing room during intermission?
Also did anyone else see the tension between Wellwood and Cavallin after he sent the puck over the boards?
The league runs this team so the league needs to step up. What will it take? People should send tonnes of emails to BB and his dad to express their dislikes in how they are running the show.

What was Wellwood supposed to do, give him a hug?? Like really, the kid did something stupid that cost the team. I’m sure he realizes that.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

If you see the video, he literally has his stick on his pads and just flips it. I've seen hundreds of goalies do it just as nonchalant, never seen it go over the boards.

I'd assume it was an accident, and the kid was frustrated. I'm sure Wellwood was as well.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
What was Wellwood supposed to do, give him a hug?? Like really, the kid did something stupid that cost the team. I’m sure he realizes that.
No but maybe could have waited till they were in the dressing room. This team doesn't need any more against them and to me that clearly showed bad tension between the 2 .

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I’m sure Wellwood knew right away what it was going to cost the team (suspension wise) once Cavallin was kicked out of the game.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
If you see the video, he literally has his stick on his pads and just flips it. I've seen hundreds of goalies do it just as nonchalant, never seen it go over the boards.

I'd assume it was an accident, and the kid was frustrated. I'm sure Wellwood was as well.
Of course he was frustrated... how much more do they expect these kids to take. In all my years of hockey I have never seen any team this messed up. This is all on the Branches.

Reactions: blkhawk

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
OHL, David Branch and Barclay Branch......this could not be happening without YOU ALL. Tell the good folks in Flint whats actually going to happen, YOU ALL know. STOP taking advantage of the good people of Flint.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
OHL, David Branch and Barclay Branch......this could not be happening without YOU ALL. Tell the good folks in Flint whats actually going to happen, YOU ALL know. STOP taking advantage of the good people of Flint.
And stop taking advantage of these young teen boys and coaching staff. who have all given up family to be part of this organization. Shame shame

Reactions: blkhawk

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I think there is plenty for the Branches to be held accountable for. I don’t think an understandable reaction from the coach to a boneheaded play by one of his players needs to be lumped in there.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017

Yes. Please let us paying customers know what is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad