Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Savard be very careful when looking at stats in the OJHL, this is a very very easy league. at the end of the year top scorers will have 70-100 pts.
This league is no different than the US Midget U16. Just wanted to throw this out there as I have dual Citz and my brothers boy played in the OJHL

OJHL is normally the top jrA league in Ontario where 16-20 play. The top teams would likely smoke the US U16 teams. On top of that, the OJHL (rivalry games ie. Wellington-Kingston) are much more violent than OHL games.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
On a separate note my wife and I became parents after 17 years of marriage a few weeks ago to a 4 year old young man. We foster him for a few months then adopt him. We both teach special needs children. He is getting his first hockey jersey from Santa and the Firebirds for Christmas. He is such a good boy. We feel so blessed.
That’s awesome man :)

Reactions: TcNorth and Packman

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I heard McCourt possibly playing Wednesday and Busby foot is still messed up and no return date set!

Bianconi will be back this week too right? McCourt and him back in the lineup would finally give us 6 solid.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Yeah, Vierling and Bianconi were beaten by Sweden for the Bronze in a shootout. Vierling missed on his shootout attempt (as did all Canadian Red players) so I assume he'll return healthy. You can say it for pretty much everybody but I thought Bangs had his best week as a Firebird this week.

Last edited:

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Rowe doesn't have a good reputation has a teammate so doesn't surprise me if its true.

Just amazing. Plays on Wednesday at least to get a shot on goal and then is packed up Friday/Saturday back home. I hope the 3 pics that the OHL website is quoting for Rowe is complete hog-wash. I would much prefer what both organizations both said as a conditional 3rd.

Lets hope with Biaconi and Vierling coming back this week our playing roster will almost be full. Espically if McCort is able to play. Hakon was walking very gingerly on 1 foot/leg as he left the arena Saturday night. Hope nothing is broken there. He could sit a few just to make sure if the other two are available.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Just amazing. Plays on Wednesday at least to get a shot on goal and then is packed up Friday/Saturday back home. I hope the 3 pics that the OHL website is quoting for Rowe is complete hog-wash. I would much prefer what both organizations both said as a conditional 3rd...
Confusing stuff...Firebirds website says they gave up only a conditional 3rd round pick they had acquired from Hamilton...

Firebirds Transactions – Flint Firebirds

...but the OHL website says the Firebirds gave up two 2nd round picks in addition to the 3rd, with no asterisk to indicate that any of the picks are conditional...

Media Notes – Ontario Hockey League

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
On a separate note my wife and I became parents after 17 years of marriage a few weeks ago to a 4 year old young man. We foster him for a few months then adopt him. We both teach special needs children. He is getting his first hockey jersey from Santa and the Firebirds for Christmas. He is such a good boy. We feel so blessed.

Congrats to your family just an awesome story sadly many kids are out there desperate for a loving family. Thank Goodness your son has found one! Your pride rings loud!

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015

Interesting, as Northville's Jason Robertson is supposed to have been on the trading block. Robertson is a '99, and would be an overager next year, but he should project to the AHL. Also, because he's a Dallas draft pick, and depending on who you listen to, Dallas isn't too big on having their prospects develop in Flint.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Interesting, as Northville's Jason Robertson is supposed to have been on the trading block. Robertson is a '99, and would be an overager next year, but he should project to the AHL. Also, because he's a Dallas draft pick, and depending on who you listen to, Dallas isn't too big on having their prospects develop in Flint.
True. I’ve heard Dellandrea next to leave Flint for better development elsewhere

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Confusing stuff...Firebirds website says they gave up only a conditional 3rd round pick they had acquired from Hamilton...

Firebirds Transactions – Flint Firebirds

...but the OHL website says the Firebirds gave up two 2nd round picks in addition to the 3rd, with no asterisk to indicate that any of the picks are conditional...

Media Notes – Ontario Hockey League

I go by the OHL website, alot of picks high picks for Rowe, hopefully if he is moved to Kingston, get them back.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I thought I saw someone in here say Busby was skating? Maybe someone at the rink with bad info told me that. Or maybe I am slightly deaf or can't read.
My source a week ago said Busby has skated but he was still having pain. Not skating pain free yet.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Congratulations to you and your family, what a cause for celebration!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Robertson will be completely emptying somebody's draft cupboard. Figure 3 2nd's and 3 3rd's +. It won't be Flint. What concerns me is "hearing Kingston". I know it's OHLInsiders and his track record is far from stellar but the Fronts are first up on the waiver wire after Flint. If there is ANY return for Rowe, getting dropped from his SECOND team has got to plummet his value.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I don't think Rowe going to Kingston has anything to do with Robertson going to Flint in a trade. Kingston might sign him because they are in need of warm bodies to fill a roster.
I would think Robertson will have a big say into where he is traded to if he does end up being moved.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I’m sure Kingston will do their homework on why Rowe is already on his 3rd team potentially, if it’s indeed true Kingston is looking at him. Morgan left Kingston to go to Windsor.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I’m sure Kingston will do their homework on why Rowe is already on his 3rd team potentially, if it’s indeed true Kingston is looking at him. Morgan left Kingston to go to Windsor.

Wasn't much of a choice. He was traded as part of a block buster.

As for Lucas Rowe's worth on the trade market, I wouldn't bank on it being even close to what was paid for him which was a severe overpayment by a terrible general manager.

The best case scenario is some team still believes he can get it together, I mean he is 17 still and they pay accordingly too. But considering how bad BB has done in trades going back to his sudbury days, i think the other team is going to come out on top.

Congrats on the solid week last week. Hope it continues moving forward!

Reactions: cub

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wasn't much of a choice. He was traded as part of a block buster.

As for Lucas Rowe's worth on the trade market, I wouldn't bank on it being even close to what was paid for him which was a severe overpayment by a terrible general manager.

The best case scenario is some team still believes he can get it together, I mean he is 17 still and they pay accordingly too. But considering how bad BB has done in trades going back to his sudbury days, i think the other team is going to come out on top.

Congrats on the solid week last week. Hope it continues moving forward!

It was for a 12th in 2022. Wow

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Flint traded Rowe to Kingston for a 12th rounder in 2022 per Terry Doyle.

That's ridiculous.

Both initial reports were *conditional picks for Rowe.

I'd love someone to clarify all that.

A 12th in return? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad