Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Luke Cavallin is putting on a show. Congratulations to the young man. So far, this is the best goaltending performance that I have seen this season.

Cavallin is a stud. Always played well against the Spitfires. Things are looking up - hoping you guys have a great rest of the season, Firebirds fans and players deserve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fischhaber

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It's the new shiny lid..... keep him in coach.....
Yeah. Time for Vella to upgrade from the Mississauga lid too and try to put on his own win streak. EVERYbody looked light years better tonight. Soo only had two on the PP and I seriously don't know how either weren't matching minors. I'm the first guy to whine about Gordeev's ill advised penalties, but those weren't on him tonight. Barrett Hayton's cross check and run was laughable.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Luke to me was 1st star!!! Outstanding game! Congrats to the entire team, well done!!

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Yeah. Time for Vella to upgrade from the Mississauga lid too and try to put on his own win streak. EVERYbody looked light years better tonight. Soo only had two on the PP and I seriously don't know how either weren't matching minors. I'm the first guy to whine about Gordeev's ill advised penalties, but those weren't on him tonight. Barrett Hayton's cross check and run was laughable.

Hayton is a f***ing hack. He was taking shots at Gordeev all night, got Ty once or twice too. Takes his shot and then runs. 3rd period he gave him a stick to the face and Gordeev holds him down and gets the only 2, just a joke.

I hope if they are releasing Rowe there was conditions on those picks like originally stated and if he played X number of games they kicked in, so Flint is getting out of it before its wasting all those picks. But the trade tracker doesn't show * Conditional.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Koly with 3 assists for Flint--that's my boy!
With all due respect to Josh Wesley, Alex Peters, Vili Saarijarvi, Jalen Smereck, Mathieu Henderson, and Nick Mattinen, I think he might be Flint's best ever defenseman NOW. Probably won't happen this year, but London might regret keeping Boqvist and Guskov over him next year. I think Koly will probably be in the show as a 19yo though.

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
With all due respect to Josh Wesley, Alex Peters, Vili Saarijarvi, Mathieu Henderson, and Nick Mattinen, I think he might be Flint's best ever defenseman NOW. Probably won't happen this year, but London might regret keeping Boqvist and Guskov over him next year. I think Koly will probably be in the show as a 19yo though.
I've been a fan of Koly's since the first scrimmage at the Bud...a standout. One of the most dominating players at camp in memory...and I'm not one to exaggerate a player's skill level. You might be right...we would have had at least 2 years out of Koly, and we only have Boqvist for one season. I hope he plays so well in Flint that he gets drafted high and gets a chance to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Kolys a leader too. First time I got to see him in person tonight. After the Soo scored he skated by Luke and tapped him on the pads and said something, skates out to center ice and tapped someone on the ass, then skates to Bangs or Gretz, taps him on the shin and you could see his facial expression and he said something like it's all good.

I was extremely impressed with the kid and it wasn't just his play, it was everything about him and his game.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Who is trashing? Just want to see 100% every night. That’s all.

Firebirds are a very young team with no real vets that can share the experience of winning. There was probably more of a feeling of hopelessness than a lack of effort. At this level, a fresh start under a new coach with a few answers can change the team’s outlook in a hurry.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Despite only being 3rd Star of the game Luke Cavallin with the OHL's 3rd Star of the night. Jake Durham was the OHL's 1st Star of the night on Wednesday. Delayed Congratulations to the boys. I think Vella gets the start tonight. Missy is his old team and if you remember last weekend Wellwood went right back to Cavallin after a 40 save night the night before and Luke was pulled after like 3-4 shots. Emmanuel should be up to play the Steelheads and I'm pretty sure the team plays better in front of him than they have so far this year. They're going to need to. McLeod, Tippett and Lysczarczyk combined for zero points in Missy's 5-1 loss to Saginaw last night. I cannot see that happening in back to back nights. The Birds might come out tired after skating so hard last night with only 10 F and 5 D. They are playing MUCH better positionally right now and anticipating better too. Which is much less of a physical drain than spending all game scrambling around out of position and chasing the puck. Should be a good one, I'll be happy if the boys play like they have over the last two, no matter what the outcome is.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Very impressive play by our Firebirds last night against one of the OHL's best teams. Way to go players and coaches!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad