Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Speaking of Rowe, heard he got sat by the coach for the entire 3rd period in Saturdays game. Hoping his attitude isn't getting the best of him in Flint like it did in London. Hoping that the more time Wellwood has with his players, each of them will continue to elevate their game. I like Harris' play as well, he's showing steady growth, has speed, and noticed he's getting special teams this year. Clarke and Holmes have more to give, they just have to find their consistent groove. Hoping today is the start of things of more wins to come. Congrats to the team on a well deserved win!

Reactions: TcNorth

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I completely agree with you on Harris, Clarke and Holmes. Now, it's starting to look more like "when" they starting finding the back of the net as opposed to "if" they would. Looking over today's box score a minute ago, I noticed Phibbs went 10/13 in the circle today. That's a nice stat to have for a kid who's also been pretty effective at killing penalties lately. If you go look at the boy's stat's since Wellwood showed up, they are noticeably better for most of them. I think Ty has 4g 10a in his last 8 games. 14pts in 8 games. Uba and Winterton have been nice surprises. Bianconi has played above expectations. If they can get a few others and Vierling going too... look, I'm a fan of his. He's got in tight puck skills, good speed and vision. I think it's a bit much to ask a lot of him as a 16yo on a team that's struggling like Flint is. Packman and MJ5 pointed out his lack of effort. I hadn't noticed that very often but maybe I've been looking through rose colored glasses because when I pulled up highlights from the previous couple games...there's Vierling gliding behind the play as Flint gets scored on. If he can come back from U17's on a positive note to a team that has more confidence maybe he can start doing what many of us think he's capable of.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Nice gesture by Black Rock Bar & Grill in Davison, providing the teams meal after capturing their first victory of the year.

These kids will never forget what they have gone thru the first quarter of this season.

Thanks Black Rock, I'm certain that Firebirds players and staff appreciate and will never forget this celebratory dinner.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
For those of you that do not know, Black Rock Bar & Grill is one of the elite restaurants in the Flint Metro area. Been their a few times. Great gesture by the owners of Black Rock.

Reactions: three dog night

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
For those of you that do not know, Black Rock Bar & Grill is one of the elite restaurants in the Flint Metro area. Been their a few times. Great gesture by the owners of Black Rock.

Looks like a nice place. Must have been quite the bill they footed. Good on them!

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017
Say Good Bye to Rowe! Heard something today that he has been cut/released. I’m sure his bad attitude caused this to be done. Does anyone know if there is truth to this?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Say Good Bye to Rowe! Heard something today that he has been cut/released. I’m sure his bad attitude caused this to be done. Does anyone know if there is truth to this?
Do we get the picks back? If true BB gets the blame for what he gave up.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Do we get the picks back? If true BB gets the blame for what he gave up.
Rowe still appears on the Flint official roster - so not gone yet if at all.

Lost yesterday in the Flint win was the fact that would be Eric Wellwood's first win as a head coach. Glad to see he is involved with the turnaround.

Reactions: domi55us

domi55us

Nov 20, 2017

Lost yesterday in the Flint win was the fact that would be Eric Wellwood's first win as a head coach. Glad to see he is involved with the turnaround.

Yup, like i said i heard but wasn’t 100% sure!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
This is just another thing with the OHL that bothers me. Why is there never any transparency with the conditionals on trades? A little more on injury updates wouldn't hurt either. If Roberts is indeed out for the season, why can't they announce that? It just doesn't seem like the best media sources for the league should be season ticket holders on a message board.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
This is just another thing with the OHL that bothers me. Why is there never any transparency with the conditionals on trades? A little more on injury updates wouldn't hurt either. If Roberts is indeed out for the season, why can't they announce that? It just doesn't seem like the best media sources for the league should be season ticket holders on a message board.

Conditions on trades should be more out there. Player injuries not so much. Outside of medical privacy laws it serves no advantage to the player or hockey club to tell anyone specifically how injured a player maybe to outside people

Reactions: Packman

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
put on waivers. Flint's GM gave up 3 picks for a player that appeared in 10 games. he'll be inducted into London Sports HOF today for his tireless work with the Knights

4thLiner

Mar 8, 2017
Detroit

To be fair, teams will typically know at least three or more days in advance that a player is waived/cut before they release it publically. So it can still happen, especially if it was just leaked yesterday/this morning. And maybe not before this weekend's slate of games. I suggest we'll probably know more as to if it happens by Tuesday. I'd say look to see if they scratch him, but with our team so depleted I think he plays this weekend.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Conditions on trades should be more out there. Player injuries not so much. Outside of medical privacy laws it serves no advantage to the player or hockey club to tell anyone specifically how injured a player maybe to outside people
I get not disclosing injuries for multiple reasons, but if Roberts is done for the year, what's the harm in actually announcing it? I'm not asking to see his x-rays or have a consultation with his surgeon.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
put on waivers. Flint's GM gave up 3 picks for a player that appeared in 10 games. he'll be inducted into London Sports HOF today for his tireless work with the Knights
If they get hit for the conditionals on the Rowe deal and he actually has been released, that has to be the worst trade ever. How can they even remotely justify Barclay keeping the GM title? Will you guys start a little fund to cover my legal fees if I run into Barclay at the rink?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
If they get hit for the conditionals on the Rowe deal and he actually has been released, that has to be the worst trade ever. How can they even remotely justify Barclay keeping the GM title? Will you guys start a little fund to cover my legal fees if I run into Barclay at the rink?

Savard, I'll start the GoFundMe.

Also, wasn't Ouhlahen still in charge when they traded for Rowe? He had mentioned he coached Rowe with Hockey Canada, I thought?

Fitting farewell piece from him if so, I bet he had a lot to do with that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad