Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
On a separate note my wife and I became parents after 17 years of marriage a few weeks ago to a 4 year old young man. We foster him for a few months then adopt him. We both teach special needs children. He is getting his first hockey jersey from Santa and the Firebirds for Christmas. He is such a good boy. We feel so blessed.

MartyC14

Nov 7, 2018
Speaking of jerseys. Did anybody stay for the auction last nite? How much did they sell for???

Reactions: MJ5

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Nice to see Flint getting their 2nd win of the season. Hope this is a sign of better things to come. Go Flint!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Bargain of the night was Bianconi at 100$. DelAndrea was 500$ish. Most were 200-300.
Oh man. I left because I have more important things to spend my money on right now with winter and Xmas coming up but I could have come up with a little over $100 for a Bianconi.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
On a separate note my wife and I became parents after 17 years of marriage a few weeks ago to a 4 year old young man. We foster him for a few months then adopt him. We both teach special needs children. He is getting his first hockey jersey from Santa and the Firebirds for Christmas. He is such a good boy. We feel so blessed.

Absolutely awesome! I still have my first jersey that I ever got for Christmas when I was like 13/14. I'm sure he's gonna be grinning ear to ear when he sees it for the first time.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
He’s done, confirmed by a reliable source

Really hope some of those picks were conditional.

Great effort tonight . Ran out of gas and on the wrong side of some awful calls.

What happened to Hakon?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Good effort, but penalties will haunt you. Some questionable calls, but the penalty kill has to play better.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Last penalty on Uba was hard to see, some are saying it was a terrible call, anyone agree?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Last penalty on Uba was hard to see, some are saying it was a terrible call, anyone agree?

It was awful.

The 2 on Bangs after McLeod tried to rearrange his face 2 was an absolute joke as well.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I didn't see it. I was told (by an old school teammate who is/was more than a little dirty) that it wasn't a great call but the guy was out of the play and there was no need to bury him. With the way the refs called the 2nd and 3rd and with as lethal as Missy's top line is, that late in a tie game.....gotta be more careful. Bangs call was bad. I can't believe he wasn't bleeding. McLeod cross checked the hell outta his face. McLeod is gonna be having a hearing and probably missing a couple games. Keppen hook looked really soft as did the trip earlier in the game. It's OHL refing and it hasn't went our way much this year but it hasn't went against us as bad as I've seen it in the past. You can see why I wanted Lysczarczyk. If they acquire him with a 3rd and a 5th instead of Rowe, they're on a 3 game win streak right now. Wasn't thrilled to see Owen Tippett of all people get behind the D twice! Still....10 forwards and 4 D? I'm not complaining. That was a hell of an effort this week and the boys should be proud even if it didn't end perfect. Hopefully that's the start of a new beginning for the kids and there's more of what we saw this week to come.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
You'd think he should be. It's been like 7-8 weeks or something hasn't it? It seems like forever with McCourt too. This season still remains a very long shot for playoffs so I get not rushing them back. Busby probably knows that lesson well. They cannot go acquire another D. That's just gonna create an even bigger logjam in the near future. If Rowe is gone (I think that's probably safe to assume) and Roberts is out for the season, they could add a forward or two though. Not a good year to find an OA to fill that spot. I also scanned the kids in the organization too. Not a lot to call up IF they can actually get a kid to sign right now. I'd probably put Jeff Burridge and Tanner McEachern at the top of my list based on stats. I liked Tanner at camp but it hasn't translated numbers wise in the OJHL it seems. Braydon Leeking would fit perfect if they hadn't released his rights. A well behaved Lucas Rowe, Ryan Littlejohn or Jan Jensen would fit the bill too.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I agree and players should never under estimate how far a good attitude can take them, or how much it could possibly hurt their chances of success when they have a bad one!

house hockey 98

Apr 8, 2018
Savard be very careful when looking at stats in the OJHL, this is a very very easy league. at the end of the year top scorers will have 70-100 pts.
This league is no different than the US Midget U16. Just wanted to throw this out there as I have dual Citz and my brothers boy played in the OJHL

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Savard be very careful when looking at stats in the OJHL, this is a very very easy league. at the end of the year top scorers will have 70-100 pts.
This league is no different than the US Midget U16. Just wanted to throw this out there as I have dual Citz and my brothers boy played in the OJHL
Yeah, stats alone no matter what league is rarely a good way to assess players. They're going to have to either trade for a forward (how often does that work out well with Branch?) or try and sign a kid Stefan and McParlan have scouted. I'd definitely prefer option 2, but it might be difficult to get kids to commit right now and none of the potential candidates have numbers that stand out right now. I liked McEachern and a couple others at camp but I saw very little this year. Is there another Jacob Winterton hidden in there somewhere?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Busby still isn’t skating yet. McCort is supposed to be very close.

I thought I saw someone in here say Busby was skating? Maybe someone at the rink with bad info told me that. Or maybe I am slightly deaf or can't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad