Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Savard, I'll start the GoFundMe.

Also, wasn't Ouhlahen still in charge when they traded for Rowe? He had mentioned he coached Rowe with Hockey Canada, I thought?

Fitting farewell piece from him if so, I bet he had a lot to do with that trade.
Ok so this kid hasn’t even had a chance to do anything. He got injured 2 weeks into his trade. Give the kid a chance. He had 2 great periods Wednesday and should be used more. Maybe because of his injury they’re reluctant to play him but I like this kids game. If they release him, it’s stupid on their end. I heard there’s a family Illness situation which may be affecting him but I like his iq and I think the kid is solid.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Ok so this kid hasn’t even had a chance to do anything. He got injured 2 weeks into his trade. Give the kid a chance. He had 2 great periods Wednesday and should be used more. Maybe because of his injury they’re reluctant to play him but I like this kids game. If they release him, it’s stupid on their end. I heard there’s a family Illness situation which may be affecting him but I like his iq and I think the kid is solid.
You do not know how he is in the locker room or what his attitude has been like, nor do I. However, his numbers certainly do not suggest giving up two 2nd’s and a 3rd.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
You do not know how he is in the locker room or what his attitude has been like, nor do I. However, his numbers certainly do not suggest giving up two 2nd’s and a 3rd.
You can’t get numbers when you don’t play

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
They Get rid of Rowe, and there a foward short with Roberts out. if it true that sucks. if not i think you guys just like to talk so you amke things up

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Besides I heard this kid has the boys at his place and is quite liked. Not buying the bs attitude story. That’s the hockey go to.

His billets house? Or parents house on a road trip?
I don't think the issues any1 has brought up or eluded to, have anything to do with him getting along or hanging out with his peers on a team. At least not from me or anything I heard or read. That proves nothing about what went on the last year plus..

So great he had the boyz over. Good on him.
Nothing to do with what was heard last year by more than a few people.

I hope he ends up crushing it in Flint and is successful. Honestly.

But the situation before the trade about attitude was a "hockey go to" excuse as you put it, is wrong.
He "needed/wanted/could benefit" take your pick.... from a change of scenery and I have no doubt his camp wanted it. (And asked for it)
Again hopefully it works for him firstly and secondly for Flint.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
You can’t get numbers when you don’t play
He has played in 10 games has only 1 assist as a forward and is -8. He has had opportunity. We can only hope he, and some others can start playing better with some consistency.

Last edited:
Reactions: domi55us

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
How do you know the kid is solid? He wouldn't have been traded if he was solid. Not sure what his deal is; injuries, attitude, etc, but hopefully he can perform better when on the ice.
For sure injuries are a huge issue it sets you back.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Give Rowe time. It was a numbers game in London. Getting Evangilista, Panwar and Stranges in the draft and signed + the development of Duhart hurt his chances immensely in London. He got hurt missed the last 1/2 season and Duhart gained experience and seized the opportunity. He probably felt " entitled" because he was their first round pick and that attitude and crap doesn't float in Hunter land. You can't trade the 3 16 year olds and if he wanted and demanded more playing time he had to out work and out play Duhart. If you have to trade one you trade the one that is unhappy. Dalton Duhart is a solid 3-4 line forward that can play Hunter hockey and that is why Rowe is a Firebird. Rowe definitely has the talent just needs time to grow and he will blossom and be well worth the price and everyone on this board will think he is a steal. He basically is a rookie because of the ice time he got last year.

Reactions: hockjock

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Give Rowe time. It was a numbers game in London. Getting Evangilista, Panwar and Stranges in the draft and signed + the development of Duhart hurt his chances immensely in London. He got hurt missed the last 1/2 season and Duhart gained experience and seized the opportunity. He probably felt " entitled" because he was their first round pick and that attitude and crap doesn't float in Hunter land. You can't trade the 3 16 year olds and if he wanted and demanded more playing time he had to out work and out play Duhart. If you have to trade one you trade the one that is unhappy. Dalton Duhart is a solid 3-4 line forward that can play Hunter hockey and that is why Rowe is a Firebird. Rowe definitely has the talent just needs time to grow and he will blossom and be well worth the price and everyone on this board will think he is a steal. He basically is a rookie because of the ice time he got last year.
Not sure how happy Duhart is in London. Heard he wants out. He’s playing behind the 02’s. He may be the next firebird

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Whatever the deal in London, B. Branch, in my opinion, was fleeced by giving up what he did for Rowe. Hopefully, he can turn it around.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The timing would be odd for releasing ANY player right now...they haven't dressed a full lineup for a month or longer.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I'm hoping it's just rumors and Rowe is in the lineup tonight. It would be really odd to release him after what they paid especially if he does indeed get along with his teammates. The Soo will be without Villalta tonight. Flint will need to score some goals tonight to stay in the game. Hopefully they don't make the Soo's young starter look like DiPietro.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I feel Rowe had plenty of opportunity, so I don’t by that excuse. He should know to take every opportunity he had on the ice and use it to his advantage. Personally, he looked lost out there at times and didn’t play positionally well, but that’s just my opinion. Like the above poster stated Rowe’s attitude crap didn’t fly in Hunter land and obviously Wellwood land either. I’m sure there is more to the story and truthfully it’s none of our business. The only ones that know the truth to whatever his rumored release may have been are the players, coaching staff etc. Everyone else is just speculating.

Last edited:

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
I feel Rowe had plenty of opportunity, so I don’t by that excuse. He should know to take every opportunity he had on the ice and use it to his advantage. Personally, he looked lost out there at times and didn’t play positionally well, but that’s just my opinion. Like the above poster stated Rowe’s attitude crap didn’t fly in Hunter land and obviously Wellwood land either. I’m sure there is more to the story and truthfully it’s none of our business. The only ones that know the truth to whatever his rumored release may have been are the players, coaching staff etc. Everyone else is just speculating.
I agree it is none of our business and as a person who works with many of these teams it’s always in poor taste to trash kids. They are all kids after all.

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I agree it is none of our business and as a person who works with many of these teams it’s always in poor taste to trash kids. They are all kids after all.
Yes, to an extent, but when playing in communities other than their own where paying clients are needed, 100% effort is expected in this Major Junior Hockey League. I try to see it both ways.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
No there is no situation where trashing them is acceptable.These are KIDs. Adults should know better.

You do know that some of these KIDS have NHL Contracts and are making more money than most other KID's their age. Not to mention ADULTS also.

The CHL (OHL, QMJHL and WHL) currently is involved in a lawsuit for 180 million dollars. The OHL is claiming that it's players are AMATEURS (this with some possessing multi-million dollar contracts with NHL teams). The players in the lawsuit are seeking back wages, overtime and vacation pay.

KIDS seeking compensation as ADULTS have done so in the past...doesn't sound amateur to me.

Queen's Park to OHL in $180M athlete pay lawsuit: 'We're behind you'

Players' lawyers fire back at OHL, Ontario government in $180M lawsuit fight

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
You do know that some of these KIDS have NHL Contracts and are making more money than most other KID's their age. Not to mention ADULTS also.

The CHL (OHL, QMJHL and WHL) currently is involved in a lawsuit for 180 million dollars. The OHL is claiming that it's players are AMATEURS (this with some possessing multi-million dollar contracts with NHL teams). The players in the lawsuit are seeking back wages, overtime and vacation pay.

KIDS seeking compensation as ADULTS have done so in the past...doesn't sound amateur to me.

Queen's Park to OHL in $180M athlete pay lawsuit: 'We're behind you'

Players' lawyers fire back at OHL, Ontario government in $180M lawsuit fight
Irrelevant !

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
No there is no situation where trashing them is acceptable.These are KIDs. Adults should know better.
I disagree and wouldn’t throw away my money ever, on those that were not giving 100%! 18 year old or 28 year old! It is your prerogative if you want to. I am not saying all Firebirds are not giving 100%, but there are some. Much better though with Coach Wellwood at the helm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad