Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
As crazy as this might sound Flint is now 7 wins out of a playoff spot....and have 50 games to get it done.

Reactions: dirty12

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Best part is they did this in front of a bunch of kids and probably hardly any of the season ticket holders .

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Congrats! You just need 3 more wins to beat London's awesome 3-60-3 record, shouldn't be too hard!

Reactions: Toldyaso

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Congrats Firebirds I think everyone in hockey were pulling for you guys to get this monkey off your back finally. Now just go easy on my Hounds this weekend please?

Reactions: Bra Wavers

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Way to go Flint! OHL fans around the league are behind you.
As crazy as this might sound Flint is now 7 wins out of a playoff spot....and have 50 games to get it done.
Realistically you guys probably have to go something like 30-20 over the final 50 games to even have a shot, and hope for some help, too.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Best part is they did this in front of a bunch of kids and probably hardly any of the season ticket holders .
I was there for the second and third saw a couple other but most of the season ticket holder seats were empty.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Way to go Flint! OHL fans around the league are behind you.

Realistically you guys probably have to go something like 30-20 over the final 50 games to even have a shot, and hope for some help, too.
It's not impossible. Improbable? maybe but no one seriously expected them to lose this many in a row to start the season either. If they miss the playoffs then they miss the playoffs but if they can make a good showing the rest of the way as a setup for next year that's fine to. We got a several playing for their draft year so let em play you never know.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The loss of Connor Roberts is going to hurt. Just means that guys like CJ Clarke, Lucas Rowe, Ethan Keppen, Hunter Holmes, and Jake Durham are going to have to up their game. Keppen and Durham have been good, Holmes is starting to look better. I've criticized Clarke multiple times this year. It's not quite showing in stats yet, but he's looked much better over the last 4 or 5 games. He's back checking, playing better defensively, hustling and generating multiple chances per game in the offensive zone. They haven't been going in much yet, but that should change if he keeps it up. Hopefully Vierling returns from U17's with a step and the return of Busby and McCourt should more than offset the loss of Roberts. Congratulations to Cavallin and the boys and thanks to all the OHL community for the continued support.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Wishing Flint the best going forward, except this Saturday!! I have to get off my lazy behind and get a passport, would love to tour through the US buildings next year!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Nice to see that first one outta the way, Firebirds.

You guys deserve more.
Good luck moving forward.

Reactions: TcNorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad