Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Exactly. Add in the fact that he tries to skate the puck through the neutral zone and enter the zone by himself too much which usually ends with him getting off a low percentage scoring chance if any at all. When he is attempting to deliver an outlet pass, too many result in turnovers. I question his fitness a bit too. He'll just be lumbering back to face offs or bent over with his stick across his knees. Yeah, he's been getting a lot of ice time but it's not like you see him hustling and skating his butt off. He's a 19yo D. 25 minutes a night should not be too much. Jalen Smereck handled like 30+ minutes a night and looked way less tired. I wonder how much missing Jalen's leadership is hurting this club. Kolyachonok has played a bit over the last few games and Gordeev has looked somewhat better over that stretch though. Maybe diminishing the pressure on him will help and Busby has to be back soon right?

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Should have busby and McCort back by the end of the month. Also add that Biaconi and Vierling will be back as well from U-17. We will almost have all of the team back by the end of the month. Hopefully by the end of December we will have Roberts back.

Being short handed all season is taxing. Playing only 5 D does take toll on you. I believe that is why Kolyachonok was playing more minutes last night as he was fresher only playing in his 5th game I believe.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Tried finding out how Vierling, Bianconi and Powers were doing at U17's. What a pain. I'll look into it again once some more games have been played. Not sure why Hockey Canada is incapable of producing just a basic, standard box score. Did catch the Saginaw-Ottawa score. Both Ottawa and Saginaw played yesterday. Ottawa at the end of a 3 in 4 road trip today. They put Saginaw down 8-2. Just a little perspective.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Tried finding out how Vierling, Bianconi and Powers were doing at U17's. What a pain. I'll look into it again once some more games have been played. Not sure why Hockey Canada is incapable of producing just a basic, standard box score. Did catch the Saginaw-Ottawa score. Both Ottawa and Saginaw played yesterday. Ottawa at the end of a 3 in 4 road trip today. They put Saginaw down 8-2. Just a little perspective.

use this link. this is how I am following

Schedule and Scores

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Yeah, I ran across that but unless a player scores or takes a penalty there is zero info on them. No plus/minus, no shots on goal, no face off numbers, no time on ice.
I was able to find the Plus/Minus, GP, PM, G, A and PTS
They are still in Pre-Tournament so you need to make sure that is the view you are on.
Vierling Team Canada Red 1 GP 0 PTS 0 PM
Bianconi Team Canada Red 1 GP 1 A 0 PM
Power Team Canada White 1 GP 0 PTS 0 PM

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Is Dellandrea away this week for the Canada vs. Russian series? And I heard Rowe didn't play the 3rd period of the game on Saturday? Did he get injured again?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
You are correct. Either way the stats are there. maybe not to the extent people want, example ice time but player stats are there
Yeah, I found them. Not the best layout, but they're there. As far as Dellandrea, when I looked at the schedules it appeared that he shouldn't or at least didn't necessarily need to miss a Firebirds game. Rowe, I didn't notice but I left pretty early into the 3rd period. I almost never do that, especially when it's an Eastern Conference team we only get to see live once a year but it was a busy weekend and I've seen enough late game collapses lately.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I'm just wondering if he's hoping the doctors tell him less time or if he wants them to say "nah, that's season ending, no need to endure anymore".

He (Connor) didn't like the diagnosis that he received in Flint, so just like you, myself or anyone else is opting for a second opinion.

In any case Connor, do the right thing and take care of yourself. Your overall health should be your #1 priority.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Evan Vierling scored the tying goal to send the game into OT in Canada Red's 4-3 victory over Sweden yesterday. He finished the game with one goal and one assist. After only 2 games, he's tied for second in scoring on the team and is currently tied for 9th in tournament scoring.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Ahh, your spring pups yet! I was there for the Knights 0-31-2 start back in 95-96, so at least that is some encouragement! The Knights also had a full roster, so they didn't even have that to blame.
Well last year Knights started with 8 losses straight and that was with 6 or 7 NHL drafted forwards. As soon as they brought in a better goalie their streak changed

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Roberts out for the remainder of season, look for player movements to commence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad