Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
For Koly it worked out well, Rowe not so much. Obviously Flint was willing to take a 12th rounder for a kid who was drafted 1st round, what does that tell you?

He's gotta have one shitty attitude for a team hurting for bodies to just dump him at this point.

So even with Vierling coming back Wednesday, they will still be down a forward.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
So basically, we got Koly and a 12th rounder for two 2nd rounders a a 3rd round pick.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why have the rule about not being able to trade drafted imports if it's obviously not being followed. And the commissioner 's son was party to breaking the rule no less.

Barclay Branch is either crooked, incompetent or both.

London does not have to break any rules because they are in position to take full advantage of the rules

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

CarriageRider

Jun 7, 2018
It wasn't going to be Boqvist. I'm sure Chicago had that guaranteed. So it was Guskov or Koly. No other option. Neither could be traded. So IF they did do that Branch basically paid Guskov, 2 2nd's and a 3rd for Rowe and Koly.
Exactly. And if Guskov and Koly were viewed as relatively equal in value at the time you still have Branch trading 2 seconds and a third for a player that was clearly not in London's plans and had not produced anything in the league up to that point. So clearly London received a benefit from a third import when I believe that is contrary to the intent and spirit of the import rules is it not? Flint could have waited out London, got Guskov or Koly for nothing and then negotiated separately for Rowe....for something like a conditional third round pick.

Wait until the offseason when Koly demands a trade to London and Flint obliges for their 2 seconds back.

Reactions: rangersblues

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
We don't need picks. We need players.

the Gens could offer Nick Wong as well, although he's in high school so he would have to waive his no trade clause. Without coming off as insulting, you will have a very hard time convincing players to report to Flint. Might have to settle for picks

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
the Gens could offer Nick Wong as well, although he's in high school so he would have to waive his no trade clause. Without coming off as insulting, you will have a very hard time convincing players to report to Flint. Might have to settle for picks

Roster is already short handed, so I can't see them making any deals to send players out without getting players in return.

They haven't dressed 18 skaters in like 3 weeks, they sent Rowe packing and Roberts is out for the year.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I think the question should be Flint took a 12th rounder for a guy they acquired 5 weeks ago for two 2nds and a 3rd. What does that tell you? Corruption or incompetent.

A bit of both ? Throw in a dash of nepotism .

Maybe the Hunters have been practicing hypnosis. They seem to be able to unload spare parts to otherwise reasonable men for a kings ransom .

I think it is generally accepted they have mastered the art of trade deception , both in and out.

It pains me to say this, but they are the best in the league at it.

One can imagine the Christmas conversation at Casa Branch:

Well son , how's things going in Flint ??

'BB chokes on a turkey leg....'

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Roster is already short handed, so I can't see them making any deals to send players out without getting players in return.

They haven't dressed 18 skaters in like 3 weeks, they sent Rowe packing and Roberts is out for the year.

that's a good point. Will likely come down to who can convince their younger players to report then

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015

So, with Roberts out, and being down to only 11 healthy forwards, and management seemingly unwilling/unable to add bodies, which defenseman gets dressed as a forward when they're all healthy???

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
So, with Roberts out, and being down to only 11 healthy forwards, and management seemingly unwilling/unable to add bodies, which defenseman gets dressed as a forward when they're all healthy???

Hopefully its Hakon, cuz he can't play D.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Barclay Branch has already screwed things up. He better not mess up a Dellandrea trade. We MUST get players in return. Obviously it would have to be pre-arranged with players agreeing to come to Flint. It very well could be that a trade with the Gens cannot be worked out.

Reactions: Square Corners

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Kolyachonok one of only three "A" rated NHL draft prospects in the OHL...

Dr0vBafWoAAzNi8.jpg

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Current roster stands at 22 (not counting Morrison #3 goalie).
12 forwards with Roberts out for the year.
8 defenseman with Busby, McCourt still out. Nilsen depending on foot/shin.
Best case we dress 17 this week unless we add players or convince call-ups. I don't think making a trade is going to help as there isn't bodies that people are looking for. Still have an open OA spot available as well.

Looking at the trade deadline. Who goes? Who stays?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Kolyachonok one of only three "A" rated NHL draft prospects in the OHL...

Dr0vBafWoAAzNi8.jpg
He moved up the rankings fast. Seems justifiable at this point. Only 26 skaters on that list. CS expecting a lot of goalies to go in the 1st or they're confirming it's a bit of a down year for prospects.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Right now, the only guy I can see getting moved would be Gordeev and that's if we have 6 healthy dmen.
For some reason, I've always seen Gordeev getting moved on from Flint. He's eating a lot of minutes for them right now, but I won't miss his ticky-tack penalties if he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad