Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Do you think buffalo would try and flip Tkachuk? i feel like he kinda fits what they are doing

I mean, I wouldn’t in general. But if I could flip him for someone like Norris, Grieg, Boucher and whatever, or something like what you’ve offered for Eichel, I’d probably do it. Basically a potential Tkachuk has to be involved. I’d even eat half of his salary.

I don't know how much value I'd give up for the privilege of signing Matthew to a contract he's clearly not worth.

I guess it depends on how much another GM would value having him on their team, I guess. A $9M qualifying offer doesn’t exactly mean he’s gonna get that per year for a minimum.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dealing Tkachuk does make sense. Flames have to move money out and the Sabres want value. Eichel at 10M >> Tkachuk at 7M. Matt's next contract is going to be a big one as well. Not commenting on the additional assets not knowing exactly what they would be.

Dube - Eichel - Lindholm
Gaudreau - Monahan - Mangiapane
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick
Lucic - Richardson - Lewis

Or any other combination. Looks good.

I also wonder if the "former 1st round pick" is Zadorov. Suddenly the trade wouldn't look all that amazing.

Eichel is not worth 3M more than Thachuk.

Flames would have to move a center out, otherwise they would be the deepest team in the NHL down the middle

Eichel
Lindholm
Monahan
Backlund
Dube

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Meh i think tkachuk is fine.... even if his point totals arnt up to what he gets paid.. he brings a lot more to the game.

If thats the offer on table... i think buffalo did well .

It's fine but not the "OMG" deal folks are making it out to be. Certainly nothing close to the value 95% of Buffalo fans on here expected. A late first and 3 prospects who may end up becoming regular NHL players one day.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Are you serious. Somebody would have to be braindead to not trade eichel one for one with Tkachuk. He is much better than Tkachuk lol.

Who in their right mind would not trade Tkachuk for eichel?
Eichel is currently injured

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Dealing Tkachuk does make sense. Flames have to move money out and the Sabres want value. Eichel at 10M >> Tkachuk at 7M. Matt's next contract is going to be a big one as well. Not commenting on the additional assets not knowing exactly what they would be.

Dube - Eichel - Lindholm
Gaudreau - Monahan - Mangiapane
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick
Lucic - Richardson - Lewis

Or any other combination. Looks good.

I also wonder if the "former 1st round pick" is Zadorov. Suddenly the trade wouldn't look all that amazing.
Calgary's roster looks amazing, especially if they can keep Dube, Lindholm and Mangi. Tkachuk makes sense to me given his RFA status and future contract.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Are you serious. Somebody would have to be braindead to not trade eichel one for one with Tkachuk. He is much better than Tkachuk lol.

Who in their right mind would not trade Tkachuk for eichel?

I feel gross that I agree with you

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
cap dumps like Monahan is a former 1st

the prospects might not be recent 1st rounders ( Zary, Pell, Coronado)

if it was Tkachuk, Zary, 22 or 23 1st and another prospect would have happened.

Monahan is not a cap dump, ffs. A healthy Monahan is a 25+ goal, 60 pt player easy.

His problem is he can't stay healthy, and the Flames have completely mistreated his injuries.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I mean, I wouldn’t in general. But if I could flip him for someone like Norris, Grieg, Boucher and whatever, or something like what you’ve offered for Eichel, I’d probably do it. Basically a potential Tkachuk has to be involved. I’d even eat half of his salary.

Tkachuk wouldn't return Norris straight up

And he certainly wouldn't return as much as Eichel, which is obviously if he's being included in a package for Eichel.

I guess it depends on how much another GM would value having him on their team, I guess. A $9M qualifying offer doesn’t exactly mean he’s gonna get that per year for a minimum.

All Tkachuk has to do is accept his 9M QO and he's a UFA in a year and can walk to whatever team he wishes.

His trade value is significantly reduced because of that. Unless a team can agree to an extension before the trade they have to treat him as a 2 year acquisition (rest of this year and next).

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Monahan, Lucic, Zary, Coronato, Pelletier, 2022 1st

I wouldn't offer anything above that
And that would never be accepted. Buffalo will need at least a solid player that is a sure thing.

The report is an overpayment but don't think buffalo is going to sell low. Eichel is a top 10 player when healthy and flames aren't getting a bargain here.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Do it Calgary. Would love to see them trade away a bunch of futures in desperation and continue to be mediocre forever. Oh and Mcdavid getting to son Eichel a bunch of times every year makes it even better lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad