Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would even entertain Buffalo if Tkachuk isn't involved. Thats quite the hall though, Tkachuk and a 1st and I would sending that fax in from Buffalos side.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Until i see names attached I cannot evaluate this deal. The former first round pick could easily be Gabranson. Two prospects, could be out of their top 10. And Calgary is doing well. Do you trade Eichel for a 9M player you would likely flip and a late first? No.

So why did Buffalo not accept? Because the players/prospects are likely not as good as Buffalo wants.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Tkachuk + Valimaki + 1st + 2 prospects

Depending on the quality of those spects I dunno if it's thaaaat crazy for Calgary to do this. Has Valimaki been good? 1st still likely won't be a lotto pick even without Tkachuk and Eichel a few months away from playing. 1st maybe has some kind of protection or condition. And seems Flames don't have much intent on re-signing Tkachuk, Sabres will get a 1st+ flipping him but probably nothing crazy. Almost seems kind of fair assuming the prospects are B level guys

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Eichel is not worth 3M more than Thachuk.

He absolutely is. You just don't find bonafide 1C's. Eichel is worth more by default, but on top of that he's the better player.

I saw a player in 19-20 that was able to take games over. That player is no doubt going to score 90 pts in a 82 game season. Tkachuk's career high is 77 pts in a year where people in the top 6 had career years offensively. There's a significant difference between the two.

Health is a concern but I'm assuming he'll be healthy and return to form at some point. Besides, Tkachuk ain't making 7M for long.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Terrible for Calgary but nobody in that organization seems to understand the value of a sustainable future for the franchise.

They're winning without Eichel - keep the picks and player and take the next steps towards building a long term successful team.
All roads lead through Edmonton. Don't think you do that without a franchise center.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's fine but not the "OMG" deal folks are making it out to be. Certainly nothing close to the value 95% of Buffalo fans on here expected. A late first and 3 prospects who may end up becoming regular NHL players one day.
Ya kinda depends on the prospects…. And honestly idk how “late” the first will be. Taking tkachuk off team and not having eichel for awhile might help that pick end up in the 12-20 range. I guess it depends on what prospects are in the deal.

but all things considered, you get eichel far away from Buffalo as possible, you pick up a star player that can either be part of the core going forward of flipped for a pretty good package. Plus some decent future pieces. From outside lookin in I think Buffalo could do much worse for sure(again pending prospects but I assume 1 prospect will be pretty good)

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Adams: "Hi Matt, just wanted to reach out to see if you would be interested in playing in Buffalo if you were traded here"
Tkachuk: "Click"
Adams: "Hey Brad, going need more time on this one."

Reactions: TheNumber4

Bond

May 10, 2012
Tkachuk + Valimaki + 1st + 2 prospects

Depending on the quality of those spects I dunno if it's thaaaat crazy for Calgary to do this. Has Valimaki been good? 1st still likely won't be a lotto pick even without Tkachuk and Eichel a few months away from playing. 1st maybe has some kind of protection or condition. And seems Flames don't have much intent on re-signing Tkachuk, Sabres will get a 1st+ flipping him but probably nothing crazy. Almost seems kind of fair assuming the prospects are B level guys
Yup, if it is some of the former 2nd round guys kicking around in the system then it is whatever

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
3-way trade:

Flames get Eichel
Senators get Tkachuk
Sabres get Valimaki, presumably 2 B prospects (so not Pelletier or Zary, next group down) and a 1st from Calgary and Brannstrom and a 1st from Ottawa

That's not enough for Buffalo. 2 1sts is nice but Valimaki+Brannstrom+ 2 B prospects is weak stuff. It should involve Coronato and/or Zary from Calgary and a better prospect than Brannstrom from Ottawa. Tkachuk would fetch more than Brannstrom+1st.

I think this is closer but probably still not right:

Flames get Eichel
Sens get Tkachuk
Sabres get Zadorov + Coronato + 1st from Calgary and Greig + Bernard-Docker + 1st from Ottawa.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
yeah if that was on the table it would have been accepted certified and published. what happened to all the teams of interest wanting to put conditions on any trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad