Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I'll believe it when I see it, but if that is the sort of offer on the table, Holy moly.

Tkachuk might have a $9m qualifying offer but even so, his current salary of $7m is worth retaining on and selling as a rental to a competitor. MT at $3.5m would get a seriously good return and if there is a long term contract in place, even bigger.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If an offer like that goes through I will gladly admit to being 100% wrong and completely underestimating what Eichel would get

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

P10p

May 15, 2012
It has been so long, what even caused the neck injury?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What's a "former first round pick?" Isn't that just a prospect? I guess that's another way of saying "plus three prospects, one of them a former 1st round pick?" Weird way to say it.

I think it's an attempt to call out value, but it's not a very helpful one. Mikhail Grigorenko was a former 1st round pick when we traded him in a package to get ROR from Colorado, but he was a throw-in of virtually no value because he was clearly a reclamation project by that point.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Dealing Tkachuk does make sense. Flames have to move money out and the Sabres want value. Eichel at 10M >> Tkachuk at 7M. Matt's next contract is going to be a big one as well. Not commenting on the additional assets not knowing exactly what they would be.

Dube - Eichel - Lindholm
Gaudreau - Monahan - Mangiapane
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick
Lucic - Richardson - Lewis

Or any other combination. Looks good.

I also wonder if the "former 1st round pick" is Zadorov. Suddenly the trade wouldn't look all that amazing.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If the former 1st is Valimaki and the prospects are recent Day 2 guys, it’s not that impressive.

Agreed, this is kind of a shitty package once you factor in that Tkachuk is basically a first rounder at the deadline, that's it.

Late first
Valimaki
Two B-level prospects

This isn't that amazing of a deal.

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
If that offer was on the table, I would imagine that the deal would be already done. I don't think Vegas can match it.

However, if the rumor is true, I do think that there would be more coming back to the Flames (Cozens or Mittlestadt?).

And it's a bit vague. What does "former 1st round pick" mean? Valimaki or Zadorov? Big difference. The part about prospects, too.

I have no problem moving Tkachuk for Eichel. I was absolutely done with him after his comments this summer which were a giant FU to his teammates.

Reactions: redfire11

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Monahan, Lucic, Zary, Coronato, Pelletier, 2022 1st

I wouldn't offer anything above that

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What's a "former first round pick?" Isn't that just a prospect? I guess that's another way of saying "plus three prospects, one of them a former 1st round pick?" Weird way to say it.

cap dumps like Monahan is a former 1st

the prospects might not be recent 1st rounders ( Zary, Pell, Coronado)

if it was Tkachuk, Zary, 22 or 23 1st and another prospect would have happened.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If that's the offer, Buffalo should take it. Tkachuk is a very good player.

So something like Tkachuk, 2022 1st, Valimaki/Zadorov, Ruzicka/Pospisil, some throw in prospect?

Take it and run, Buffalo.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The only thing I'd be worried about is if the 1st rnder was for this year. With giving up all that and not getting Eichel for quite awhile, that could be a lottery pick.
I'm actully OK with it if its Zads & Monny & Tka & 2022 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad