Rumor: Flames offer for Eichel: Tkachuk, 1st round pick, former 1st, and 2 prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
This is how you lose credibility in an instant. This is the most bogus ‘insider’ leak ever. You wouldn’t trade Tkachuk straight up for Eichel, let alone toss in a bunch more lol. What a joke. You’re an idiot Weekes

Has he ever actually broken anything of substance?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If that really is the offer, have to wonder if the holdup is purely involving a 3rd team regarding Tkachuk.

Otherwise, sweet newborn baby Jesus, that's a much better offer than most have been expecting.

Yeah probably needs to be a SnT sort of deal (or atleast with a team that is supremely confident that they can retain Tkachuk) for it to make sense for everyone involved.
Tkachuk only has 1 RFA year left after this one.
So his value isn't at its peak to say the least.
But depending on the other pieces involved certainly something to discuss to say the least.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Copy paste from Reddit since I’m lazy. Imma justify this from a flames POV for some peeps here.

I ain’t shocked. We have 3 top 6 lwers, doesn’t make sense to keep all 3. Tkachuk has the most uncertainty with his contract situation and that 9m qualifier. I don’t think the flames feel certain they’re gonna be able to keep him.
I’d assume the former first rounder is valiamki, and as much as I hate to say it, but kylington has probably made him redundant. He won’t be getting top 4 minutes here, so better to have him get a chance elsewhere. Hope it’s zadorov though lol.
Flames have to value dube and mangi high (since they aren’t listed here). I’d assume they don’t want those pieces gone for a reason.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Tkachukk will be asking for a huge raise next contract.
Might as well get a 1C for that money and build around that.

Tkachuk is going to want to bleed his next team dry on a contract, I wouldn't want to pay a premium for him -- he'll want the same $10M Jack is getting, that's why the Flames want to get value for him now.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Weekes doesn't know jack; that package gets you 2 Eichels...

Not really.

A healthy Eichel would be worth way more than that.

An injured Eichel depending on what you can get for Tkachuk and what the prospects are might not be worth that much. But that would probably depend on the medical opinion of your doctors. If they think disk replacement is no big deal and that he will be back to his old self next year at the latest, it is certainly a gamble you could justify.
Especially if you don't want to pay Tkachuk...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tkachuk isn't worth what his next contract will be, the Flames are smart here, I'd do the same thing.
Meh i think tkachuk is fine.... even if his point totals arnt up to what he gets paid.. he brings a lot more to the game.

If thats the offer on table... i think buffalo did well .

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Are we certain that Weekes means all those assets are included in an offer to Buffalo?

Or is he maybe saying that Adams and Treliving have discussed some combination of those assets in exchange for Eichel?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
What's a "former first round pick?" Isn't that just a prospect? I guess that's another way of saying "plus three prospects, one of them a former 1st round pick?" Weird way to say it.

I imagine it's a nice way of trying to pump up the optics of a massively under performing former first. Like, that's the perfect way to have described Nick Merkley in the Taylor Hall deal between the Devils and Arizona.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
For all those wondering why Buffalo hasn't immediately said yes, there are 2 reasons why:

1. The offer is bullshit.
2. Someone from Buffalos side released the offer just to get Vegas to up their offer.

I am going with #1 honestly.

I just don't trust media insiders anymore.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Has he ever actually broken anything of substance?

Weekes has actually broken a few trades and signings during the offseason. Can't remember any off the top of my head, just remember scrolling through my twitter, seeing his as the first tweet and other insiders quote tweeting him (a few different times). Was surprised since I figured he wouldn't be a top insider, but he definitely has some sources. Can take with a grain of salt, but for those who are saying Weekes is not an insider, he's definitely more in the know than other Jo Schmo insiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad