Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Aaron Ekblad re-signs with Panthers (8 years, $7.500M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Bob Murray is mad.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

That's a lot of cash for a 3 year pro but it's a no-brainer to do it. Ekblad is a proven stud.

Every team gets to the point of moving out of these ELCs and are going to have to pony up... I am dreading this time 2 years from now when McDavid has to be signed.

Gaudreau and Lindholm say hello. Gaudreau should get very close to this deal and Lindholm will be about $1m less.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I actually love this. Says a lot to the fans, the players, and the League. FA market too, I reckon. This team is committed to going after the Cup. The complete opposite of what was here for over a decade, it's amazing.

It's a lot for a young guy, but he keeps getting better. Kid is a stud.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Phaneuf doesn't have his poise or iq and never did...completely different players.. phaneuf used physical attributes... ekblad hasn't even developed those yet

How exactly to you quantify Dion's poise and IQ in his first 3-4 years in Calgary? Statements like this are so easy to make in hindsight. His first few years in Calgary he was a beast and many assumed at the time he would win a Norris or two.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He's UFA so of course he could get that number from someone. Maybe Tampa can get him on the Stamkos contract if they are lucky

Oh I know, I think FLA just paid Ekblad what he may have been looking to get as a UFA given how the length of this contract covers some UFA years.

At the end of the contract Ekblad could still stand to earn more, and I expect a UFA to be who is already well established like Hedman to be one of if not the highest paid dman in the league.

And after him, Karlsson and Doughty will probably set new records when they're a year removed from becoming UFAs.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
No kidding. After those good comparable deals in Jones and Rielly, here come the Panthers spoil the fun.

I hope Lindholm stays at around 6/year.

Ekblad is a 1st overall pick who has more potential and hype around him. What Ekblad gets shouldn't be a comparable for Lindholm.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Good deal but lol @ people saying he's worth $7.5 right now. In 2 or 3 years sure and in 4 or 5 this might be a steal but he's not worth $7.5 right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad