Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Personally, tyranny is just how I roll. I also stop children from eating candy before dinner and my dog from peeing on the floor.
tenor.gif

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Why do you agree to site rules and then act confused that they exist?

Or was this rhetorical? If not, see post #122.

most deleted posts had no players named.

All we're asking is that we need to keep specific player names out of the conversation

rules also specify no threadjacking, yet this one made me learn that some people stop children from eating candy and turned into a gif contest

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I know you can’t speculate on here but it isn’t hard to connect your dots yourself….
I will say without paying much attention to this story in recent years, there is one player I’m kinda shocked by if true.

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Yes you can and even if the case is very winnable, who wants the headache?
I believe in Florida they are going to be changing the law so that if a liable case is ideologically driven and the plaintiff looses, they have to pay all legal fees and cover any lost wages of the defendant.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
As someone that is a sexual assault survivor I just hope the truth comes out and if these 5 people are guilty they are found guilty. But remember everyone, people are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around, so I hope everyone puts down the pitchforks. Let the process be the process. The only thing people should be asking for is for the truth to come to the forefront once the process has finished, regardless if that means 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 are found guilty or none of them are. They are innocent till proven guilty.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Mods wake up this morning and see this thread:

View attachment 809300

Mods be like......

View attachment 809303

I already had one speculative post removed, so now I will resort to funny gifs.

Love our Mods, they truly do great work!

tenor.gif

Mods thread banning people

Each mod has one of these, for times like this!

View attachment 809314

kevin-hart-oh-word.gif

Dont worry, I blamed you the moment the thread opened. :sarcasm:

All we're asking is that we need to keep specific player names out of the conversation unless and until it's official. We've been legal actioned for less.

It's not difficult. Most of you are smarter than me AND HAVE POINTED THAT OUT TO ME MANY TIMES VIA DIRECT MESSAGE to that effect (I laminate my favorites for my mod wall).

If I can connect the dots, you can too. Smile and keep it to yourself. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, maybe we don't get sued. Kapish?

(And no, I'm not going to argue with you over your opinion about this.)

Still waitng for my hazard pay increase! :naughty:

It would be nice if we could sneak a mod post above post #1 and use that. I've seen your proposal work (successfully) before and I do like it, but I don't like editing others' posts.

Edit: I have no problems :sarcasm::laugh: - hangman

@hangman005 thats because you ARE the problem :sarcasm:

Here is my suggestion...

11am EST - mods ignore this for 60 minutes and let us speculate, argue and flame.

Noon EST - delete the whole thread. Al of it.

Few days later - award the accurate posters a gold star if they got the 5 names right.

4c16bd615b1bef5e938fa0e7bd744d9a.gif

Welcome to status purple! :laugh::cry:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Right?

Name the five that are going to be charged, so the rest of the team can at least know they're finally in the clear.

I'm interested in seeing how the NHL's higher ups react to this news, once the names are released. Not a guarantee all five are current NHLers, nor were they NHLers at the time of the incident. :dunno:
I mean given what the charges are I really don't think there's any confusion about being in the clear...

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
As someone that is a sexual assault survivor I just hope the truth comes out and if these 5 people are guilty they are found guilty. But remember everyone, people are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around, so I hope everyone puts down the pitchforks. Let the process be the process. The only thing people should be asking for is for the truth to come to the forefront once the process has finished, regardless if that means 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 are found guilty or none of them are. They are innocent till proven guilty.
Respect fellow poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad