Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The victim was most definitely raped. It's not alleged that it happened, it's only alleged of who did it.
Oh really? You have the link to the court case where that was decided?

The victim is also recorded saying it was consensual.

Reactions: HBK27

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

I guess it depends on how conscious she was when she said that and potentially how much duress she was in as well.

If they're at the point of arresting people, I think it's fair to say she had a damn good case.

Reactions: AzHawk

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

If the victim said it was consensual then we wouldn't be having people arrested would we? The victim wouldn't have gone to the police if it was consensual then right? You don't have a court case to decide if someone was raped, that's what medical examinations and police investigations are for. Courts are to decide innocence or guilt. I don't think you understand what we're actually talking about here.

Reactions: Edenjung

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Try to keep up. This THREAD is not allegedly about gang-rape. The thread is about that topic. Again, it's right in the thread title.
I see the title thread but just because someone on HFBoards post it doesn't make it so. :laugh:

Until its proven with evidence in a court it will always be alleged.

If the victim said it was consensual then we wouldn't be having people arrested would we? The victim wouldn't have gone to the police if it was consensual then right? You don't have a court case to decide if someone was raped, that's what medical examinations and police investigations are for. Courts are to decide innocence or guilt. I don't think you understand what we're actually talking about here.
blah blah blah.

Lots of people arrested are innocent champ.

I guess it depends on how conscious she was when she said that and potentially how much duress she was in as well.

If they're at the point of arresting people, I think it's fair to say she had a damn good case.
She said she was sober.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I see the title thread but just because someone on HFBoards post it doesn't make it so. :laugh:

Until its proven with evidence in a court it will always be alleged.

blah blah blah.

Lots of people arrested are innocent champ.

She said she was sober.

Ya, exactly what I thought. You don't understand anything anyone is saying.

Reactions: CanadienShark

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Can you read an article? A - L - L - E - G- E -D
View attachment 809960

I understand the reporting in the TSN Article even says ALLEGED

Do you disagree with that reporting of the article saying ALLEGED?

View attachment 809962

I would be happy to blow up the article even more and circle the word alleged for you if that will help but I am not sure you understand anything.

View attachment 809965

It is alleged that the players asked to surrender themselves committed the crime. It's not alleged that she was assaulted.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
That's a slippery slope as the flip side also has a flip side if you think about it.
There's a flip side to lots of things. If the names aren't public, it might hurt them if someone has knowledge that could exonerate them. Would you rather be in prison for a crime you didn't commit, or have your reputation potentially ruined and not in prison?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Maybe a dumb question but what does it mean when the police is asking someone to "surrender"? Is that the equivalent of placing someone under arrest?
If you have money and have lawyers, you are generally allowed to surrender under you own terms. Generally, you have a bail price agreed ahead of time and such, It's generally preferable of having your house raided at midnight and being dragged out in cuffs.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Scary that people think this way.

Scary that you think five people can be put on trial with no evidence. The assault happened. Who is the question. If there was no evidence of assault…… none of this would be happening

Note that I’m not saying anyone is guilty.. just that there is obviously evidence of an assault if we are at this stage.

Reactions: AzHawk

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Just want to mention that told to surrender is much different than under arrest.
Let's be honest, if they had public defenders, they would be under arrest in a minute. This is a negotiated surrender. If they don't get charged, then I'm wrong. But, this is how pretty much how anyone with wealth gets arrested in Canada with a high-priced lawyer if they aren't a public threat..

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
It is alleged that the players asked to surrender themselves committed the crime. It's not alleged that she was assaulted.
Allegations are just that, allegations, until proven in a court of law. So she was most certainly allegedly raped, and those 5 allegedly did it.

If they prove the 5 did it, then the allegations of rape are no longer allegations.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
That people believe the victim after a police investigation?
You continue to prove my point.
Scary that you think five people can be put on trial with no evidence. The assault happened. Who is the question. If there was no evidence of assault…… none of this would be happening

Note that I’m not saying anyone is guilty.. just that there is obviously evidence of an assault if we are at this stage.
And another example, it's genuinely frightening.

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Didn't the original story involve 7 players? How is it possible 'only' 5 are getting charged if more than that allegedly committed a crime? Or do I have the numbers wrong?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It is very scary. Without a court of law, without the people having the right to defend themselves Xerloris thinks the accused are guilty without even given a chance to speak.

The sad part is society is moving this way.

Police are not the people that decide guilt or innocence a court of law decides that.

What country do you live in? China?

..so that’s great, cool reference, but an actual court of law has looked into it, this is the result.. what are you talking about? Sexual assault and rape are incredibly under-prosecuted, they wouldn’t touch this case after 4 years if it weren’t potentially criminal, but sure man, it’s all some grand conspiracy.

Like I’m honestly curious as to what legal mechanism you think made this happen. Rogue cops? A yolo judge? What’s goin on bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad