Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Do you want a riot? Because that’s how riots start

seinfeld-goodnight.gif

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I must admit reading this has been a bit of an eye opener

I hope a good portion of you never see the inside of a jury room because "the prosecution decided to bring charges" doesn't mean somebody is guilty of the things there being charged with

Prosecutors can be wrong, hell they can also have agendas and i dont care which country you are from history shows plenty of people have been wrongly charged and convicted over the years

These guys are innocent until proven guilty
They’re actually innocent if they didn’t do anything illegal and guilty if they did. Proven or not. Not making any speculations here just a statement.

Reactions: Kiwi

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Oh, you're one of those people who think settling is an admission of guilt? In the real world, sometimes you settle if only to make something go away, to save time/stress/even money, even if you have to bite you're tongue and you're being wronged.

Not sure how can you see such damning evidence where she flat out admitted to stealing his money and getting him to hit her and just write it off...

But this is offtopic and not relevant to the matter at hand anyway...so whatever.
Personally, yes, people settle for financial compensation even if they are totally innocent. They usually do this under poor legal advice.

Insurance companies do not do this.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
They’re actually innocent if they didn’t do anything illegal and guilty if they did. Proven or not. Not making any speculations here just a statement.
This is massive speculation because you have zero way to know who did what, or didn't until everyone gets their day in court. Amazing post.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I mean, can we be honest here? We know when something is over the line with a random hookup. I feel like people who say that "every athlete should watch their back" don't understand social cues, you can tell when another person is super uneasy about a situation.
Not to speak specifically to this case, but it goes both ways. Most men know what sexual assault is and that it is abhorrent and unacceptable behavior just like most women know falsely accusing a man of sexual assault is abhorrent and unacceptable behavior.

Unfortunately there some men who commit sexual assaults and some women who falsely accuse men of sexual assault. We can acknowledge that both instances are potential outcomes, especially when considerable wealth is involved.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What I want to know is, does no one else on that team know what happened?

These players had sex with this woman (consensually or not, I’m not arguing that), and not one of them bragged about it to anyone else on the team?

Over the years you learn to ignore those claims assuming they're usually being embellished...a guy who outwardly brags about that sorta stuff often times is not being fully honest.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
I’m not. Even major official news outlets have named the players

Not if you're reading carefully, they haven't.

For instance:

"Five players from Canada's 2018 world junior team have taken a leave of absence from their current clubs in recent days amid a report that five members of that team"

If the players were identified, they would have said "amid a report that THESE five members...".

Anyhow, it sounds like you've found what you're looking for.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Over the years you learn to ignore those claims assuming they're usually being embellished...a guy who outwardly brags about that sorta stuff often times is not being fully honest.
Yeah, but there would’ve been a lot of corroboration considering there were 8 players there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad