Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Except we don't need to guess who the players are because credible media has already effectively established who they are...

Bizarre decision that we can't discuss it
No. It is not a bizarre decision. It is a responsible decisions because of the legal ramifications.
Main stream media have NOT named the five players. They have been careful to identify who they likely are through very careful wording of other events that have happened recently.

Dec 15, 2002
There's a 6 hour old article on the score that lists exactly who has taken leaves.
Oh. That "6 hour old article on the score" says that every player who's taken leave has been asked to surrender to authorities in London, Ontario in connection with the investigation of an alleged sexual assault committed in 2018?

Because ... if that exact linkage isn't there, then it's not established - and welyacoodreedbetwentehlinz doesn't cut it.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'm aware. The comment I responded to suggested the players charged continue playing hockey as if nothing has changed. The prosecutor feels they have enough evidence now to convict in court and these are no longer empty claims.

I agree but the comment made no acknowledgement of the victim and so I was being facetious. That's like saying you feel bad for a school shooter's family without acknowledging any of the actual victims.
Ah, fair enough.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
That is very disturbing… you need help

Edit: meant to tag a specific comment and I don’t know how to fix on mobile

Reactions: tfwnogf

Strangle

Leafs Smol PP
May 4, 2009
ESPN seems to link the players and the allegations together in this article...

Can we stop calling it speculation yet?

Not until Feb 5th at the earliest

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My wife stopped waking me up with a tug and a squeeze because neither of us want her to go to jail

While I suspect that you are being a bit fatuous, that doesn't change the fact that being woken up with "a tug and a squeeze" automatically makes your wife a sexual assailant under Canada's laws. Yes, this is absurd conclusion; this absurd conclusion is presented as proof that the underlying premise is bankrupt.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Oh. That "6 hour old article on the score" says that every player who's taken leave has been asked to surrender to authorities in London, Ontario in connection with the investigation of an alleged sexual assault committed in 2018?

Because ... if that exact linkage isn't there, then it's not established - and welyacoodreedbetwentehlinz doesn't cut it.
Jesus f***...did you even look at what I was responding to?

Chairman Maouth said, 'I do not know who the players are who have taken leaves of absence.'

I quoted that and responded with, 'the players who have taken leaves is available.'

Simple as that. f***ing shit board where posters can't even understand context.

And there are people on here wondering why we can't speculate lol

Dec 15, 2002

Chairman Maouth said, 'I do not know who the players are who have taken leaves of absence.'

I quoted that and responded with, 'the players who have taken leaves is available.'

We can't speculate because people like you think "we have the list of players who've taken leave" obviously means "that's the list of players who are getting charged with rape" and then want to go light torches and wave pitchforks around presuming guilt.

And then, if tomorrow it's announced a 6th person off that WJC team is taking leave, .... well, now we really don't know which 5 it is. But, we know someone got [in some cases, grotesquely] smeared by the Holy Righteousness Brigade who demanded satisfaction no matter the cost, and there's no unwinding that.

Of course, if it helps you to be faux outraged over whatever it is you want to post about, ... this is a free site, Canada and the U.S. are free countries, I say go for it.

• Wow
Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Can you imagine how awful of timing it would be if this was actually just a mental health break and he had nothing to do with it

Too many people coming from all sides being upset without understanding the context of the original comment

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Can you imagine how awful of timing it would be if this was actually just a mental health break and he had nothing to do with it.
It would be awful timing but I can't think of a reason why that hypothetical person wouldn't have clarified that they have nothing to do with this by now.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
So who’s this 6th person? By my count I see 5 indefinite leaves, all from the 2018 team, but I was at work all day

Strangle

Leafs Smol PP
May 4, 2009
There are way too many people with way too much knowledge about something no one would really have a need to know so much about in their day to day, normal lives

Reactions: Ted Hoffman
Dec 15, 2002
It would be awful timing but I can't think of a reason why that hypothetical person wouldn't have clarified that they have nothing to do with this by now.
1. No NHL player ever owes it to the fans to explain in any way why they're taking leave from their team.
2. They sure as hell don't owe a duty to any fan to explain it to whatever level of detail is deemed sufficient.
3. Even if a player went and "clarified that they have nothing to do with this" there are a sizeable amount of people who would still :eyeroll: yeah, right, we all know why you're really stepping away, just admit it you goddamn lying piece of shit f***ing asshole prick bastard.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
I haven’t followed this story too much but all the info I can find is that she went in the hotel room willingly engaged with one player but more would come in followed by acts that she didn’t consent to. What proof is there in cases like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad