Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You hired us :P

giphy.gif

Strangle

Leafs Smol PP
May 4, 2009
If you're interested in discussing, then why not head over to Reddit? In fact the Reddit thread (not even hockey related) is a perfect example of why such discussions shouldn't be allowed. They're acting like criminal investigators and trying to get in contact with friends/family basically anyone related to the 5 players.

People on reddit are such f***ing losers.

Same with people who use twitter

People who use HFboards are only partially uncool

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Could a LOA be to go and give a sworn statement or deposition or something, but they *aren't* considered a suspect and weren't involved (criminally)? Probably not, I'm guessing they'd have had plenty of time to do that prior to now.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If some folks yearn for it to be easy, just say the word and we can remove you from the thread.

I haven’t said a single thing about it other than what I just said. No need to threaten me.

I find it absurd that there can’t be a free discussion on the internet. Is that against the rules too? Note that I still haven’t broken any of the rules. Simply expressing my feelings about them.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Isn't she on camera giving consent?

View attachment 809535

I'm not sure what argument you can make re: being coerced into giving consent, or feeling pressured to, but that response by the woman seems quite blatantly consensual if true.
Imagine you are a woman in a room with several men who just gangraped you, and now they're telling you to say something on camera. They have already proven to you that they have zero regard for your physical safety, so chances are you'll say whatever you think you have to in order to get out of that room.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Nobody on HF is getting sued for saying someone’s name lol
I belong to a fantasy hockey dynasty league. A gm in our league was talking about Brian Burke cheating on his wife and calling the chick he was banging a ditch pig. Burkes lawyers sent a cease and desist to the league and contacted our league to get information about the specific poster. Fun stuff. This was like 11 or 12 years ago.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Isn't she on camera giving consent?

View attachment 809535

I'm not sure what argument you can make re: being coerced into giving consent, or feeling pressured to, but that response by the woman seems quite blatantly consensual if true.

Having someone record you after the fact saying it's fine when you're in a room full of guys who allegedly just assaulted you is not really consent. Like what is someone supposed to say, no and then they'll be able to leave no big deal?

Another question is, isn't it a little strange that they thought it was necessary after the fact to try and document her saying she was ok with what happened?

Dec 15, 2002
That's going to be the argument by the lawyers for the players. And the crown is going to have a different argument, probably with evidence showing the video isn't an accurate depiction of what really happened. Maybe even arguing "she was coached into saying those things, and her intoxicated state made it impossible for her to truly consent."

That's why there's a court where someone decides whose version carries more weight.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Strangle

Leafs Smol PP
May 4, 2009
I’m a father of three daughters, I’m biased as hell when it comes to stuff like this

But trying to suss out the details from media reports and argue what happened or didn’t happen is gross

The courts will be presented all of the details and the right decision will be made

Reactions: zar and SwissLeaf

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I belong to a fantasy hockey dynasty league. A gm in our league was talking about Brian Burke cheating on his wife and calling the chick he was banging a ditch pig. Burkes lawyers sent a cease and desist to the league and contacted our league to get information about the specific poster. Fun stuff. This was like 11 or 12 years ago.
Lol how did Burke even find out about it?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I have a feeling there's a language barrier at play here. We can teach our children not to harm others and to protect themselves at the same time.
Yeah. I think so.

Lets say this hypothetical story happened close to where I lived: A man was riding his pedal bike on a narrow, seldom used highway late at night. He was hit and killed by a drunk driver.

Now there is only one bad guy and only one person to blame in this story, the drunk driver. That said, I should be able to tell my kids that if they must ride their pedal bikes at night, to please not do it on poorly lit backroads, because who knows who you may encounter out there.

I certainly won't be telling them its their right to ride their bikes wherever and whenever they want, even though it is, because that is dangerous advice. Not everyone operates by the same rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad