Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Shame on these NHL teams for continuing to play these guys while almost certainly knowing that these investigations were ongoing and that the other shoe might drop eventually.

With no legal charges, this would immediately get shit on by the NHLPA.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The AP made 2 separate statements about 5 players being granted a leave of absence and 5 players being told to surrender. They did not say the two sets are the same.

It's unlikely, but not completely out of the realm of possibility, that a player on the 2018 team is taking some time away from his NHL team because 5 of his close friends are being criminally charged and needs some time to process it. That type of thing is why you don't speculate

Agreed.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Nope. And we're still overpaid.

honest-work-meme_wide-4029ac991ab09630c53950e7236a45ab07dc9b9d-s1400-c100.jpg

My brain jumped here right away :laugh:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wonder what happened with the supposed other three players involved? Wasn’t it a total of 8?

Reactions: Rich Nixon

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The AP made 2 separate statements about 5 players being granted a leave of absence and 5 players being told to surrender. They did not say the two sets are the same.

It's unlikely, but not completely out of the realm of possibility, that a player on the 2018 team is taking some time away from his NHL team because 5 of his close friends are being criminally charged and needs some time to process it. That type of thing is why you don't speculate

"I'm distraught and can't come to work because some guys I played hockey with 5 years ago are getting charged for sexually assaulting somebody"?

Yeah... Gonna go ahead and say that's a completely illogical suggestion.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Out of curiosity, were we also not allowed to speculate or name names when "A hockey player" was arrested in connection with the death of Adam Johnson? They never named the player...

Reactions: Ghetty Green

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
"I'm distraught and can't come to work because some guys I played hockey with 5 years ago are getting charged for sexually assaulting somebody"?

Yeah... Gonna go ahead and say that's a completely illogical suggestion.
Especially when it makes you look guilty of sexual assault.

It's a ridiculous suggestion.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I know as an edmonton fan, we're known for giving second chances

But if these charges do stick and they are found guilty, I hope all fans and teams set an example that this is NOT what we want hockey to stand for, I don't want to see any of then in the league again

Reactions: Nut Upstrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad