Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
If you've ever seen a highly intoxicated person, then you're well aware that they would never look like someone who is casually having sex with several different guys. It would be one thing to walk in and see it and then walk out. That I'd get. Sitting there for 10 minutes though, aside from being an odd thing to do if you aren't participating, just reeks of something more.

There's no way you wouldn't be able to tell that she wasn't an active "volunteer" for this after that amount of time.
This is nothing but speculation on your behalf.

Reactions: The Electrician

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
No it’s not, but this is the problem with judging the past with todays standards.
For all we know, consensual group sex is common in those circles, and this was just another day in his view
While one of many possible explanations...it seems you are really reaching here. I mean the mental gymnastics is pretty far fetched.

Is your theory a possibility? Sure. But why go though such a crazy what if?

I'm sure you've heard of Occam's Razor. No need to create some fantasyland explanation that they lived in a world of common group sex pizza parties.

Yeah, just another day. WTH?

SMDH. Come on man. That's way way out there.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You're really bending yourself into a pretzel to make these guys somehow seem ok, aren't you?

Having 7 or 8 guys in a room gang banging a heavily intoxicated young woman can't be rationalized as something normal, or ok.

Are you saying consent cant be given by a woman to 5 dudes or consent cant be given if the woman looks drunk?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Personally, any who are found guilty should be banned for life, but we all know that won’t happen.
Knowing Bettman an the NHL, and seeing how they’ve handle past issues, the players will get suspended until any criminal punishments are completed and then be welcomed back with open arms… as many fans say every time a player with a history is available… don’t care as long as we win… and thats the NHL motto

Players shouldn’t have their livelihoods ruined if they serve their time for their crimes.

Reactions: Voight

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Figuring out who the 5 players are is like reading a where’s Waldo book with a page that is completely blank except for a big Waldo in the center

where-ever-could-waldo-be-v0-fart8foe2nac1.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Be interesting to see, I'm sure the Crown Prosecutor has approved charges and agreed upon release conditions. In Canada most people are not afforded the right to leave the country when pending serious charges....as well as the USA often will not allow entry to the states if pending charges. Especially sexual assault charges.

So could any of the 5 playing hockey elsewhere have this be the end of their hockey season/career.

Rightfully so if the allegations are true, but also innocent until proven guilty.

While tru, it may be different because if any of them are currently in the NHL they are "known" people=. Sometimes famous people are allowed to leave when they have pending charges because its a lot harder for them to hide.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It wasn't 7 or 8, it was 5.

Again, you don't know what that player saw. By all accounts, the woman didn't ask or help, we don't know how apparent it was that she was intoxicated. All you're doing right now is SPECULATING.
5 WJC members. It was also mentioned in the investigations that Non WJC, junior hockey players were potentially involved.

But you go ahead and look out for those gang bangers!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Personally, any who are found guilty should be banned for life, but we all know that won’t happen.
Knowing Bettman an the NHL, and seeing how they’ve handle past issues, the players will get suspended until any criminal punishments are completed and then be welcomed back with open arms… as many fans say every time a player with a history is available… don’t care as long as we win… and thats the NHL motto

If they pay their debt to society why should they be banned for life?

Craig MacTavish killed a woman and was allowed to have a long career.

Last edited:

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
While one of many possible explanations...it seems you are really reaching here. I mean the mental gymnastics is pretty far fetched.

Is your theory a possibility? Sure. But why go though such a crazy what if?

I'm sure you've heard of Occam's Razor. No need to create some fantasyland explanation that they lived in a world of common group sex pizza parties.

Yeah, just another day. WTH?

SMDH. Come on man. That's way way out there.
No, I find most of you are extremely judgmental and guilty of judging the past with todays knowledge… you seem to think, and portray yourself, that if that was you, at that age at that time and in that circumstance, be 100% certain what was happening and would without a doubt take action

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Actually. 100% of proven false accusations are counted. False accusations that aren't proven as false accusations are counted as rape accusations.
You can probably distill that even more to say that a certain percentage of "proven false" accusations were actually legit.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nah, these guys are done if guilty.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
So I never really saw it discussed, but guys on LOA what are the cap implications?
I believe the cap-hit stays? The Canucks had to use a buy-out on Jake Virtanen when he was charged.

All 5 are RFA after 23-24. Not likely that any of them will get a contract offer, unless exonerated.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I think one player has already put up his hand and said I have some explaining to do. Not saying any names--but we saw this coming

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
If they pay their debt to society why should they be banned for life?

Craig MacTavish killed a women and was allowed to have a long career.
So he killed one woman or multiple? This is crucial information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad