Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the libel/defamation issue on here originally arose from this:

What a dork.

(truth is absolute defence against libel, and he is factually a dork for doing that)

Reactions: The Electrician

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the libel/defamation issue on here originally arose from this:

Man that article is pure comedy. Did hf start the Burke and Hazel Mae rumours?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Personally, tyranny is just how I roll. I also stop children from eating candy before dinner and my dog from peeing on the floor.
I guess we can agree with the no peeing on the floor, but the no candy before dinner thing is just ruthless. Tyranny to say the least.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
How long before the following happens

1. IIHF announces that Team Canada has been stripped of hosting all junior tournaments til 2030.

2. IIHF announces Team Canada has been banned from partipicating in the IIHF World juniors 2024 tournament.

3. Hockey Canada apologizes to the public for trying to silence victims and sweep this under the rug.

If all of this happened, it still would be a light punishment for Hockey Canada!
This really should be the correct response.

IIHF won't do it thought. They only exist because of Canada. Their moneymaker.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Man that article is pure comedy. Did hf start the Burke and Hazel Mae rumours?
And CTV was more than happy to republish them in their lurid entirety, including the usernames of the anonymous posters who were never found. Those statements were even direct claims, not "I wonder what's going on here...?"

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Am I the only one amazed that this traffic isn’t causing issues for the forum?
I find its been pretty good over the last while. I remember before a cpl migrations, it would crash all the time.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The only thing I'll say is that I hope that everyone (victims and accused) get a fair day in court and that the process results in a just outcome.

Without any speculation, not much else to say.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Bear is the one mod that if I get a penalty from I'd take it with pride. Nothing against any of the others, but Bear is quite funny when you know shit is going to go sideways.

While the speculation threads on legal matters are a nightmare for mods to maintain, I do enjoy their comments in them
Bear is a very reasonable individual. I'd accept it without complaint as I'd probably deserved it. I wouldn't say the same about all.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Why are you guys complaining that they’re not allowing certain conversations? It’s their site, their rules. You agreed to the terms of service when you signed up. If anybody should be complaining, it’s me. I have had so many infractions I’ve lost count.

I am legitimately curious as to what the origin/justification is for the rules.

Of all of the message boards I frequent, ranging from hobbies to sports to entertainment to news, this site is by far the most censor-happy. To the point where I could hardly recall instances of censorship on the other sites, yet on HF, it happens all of the time.

Is it a sponsorship issue? Is it a cultural issue? Is the site "located" outside of the US, where speech rights are not as extensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad