Speculation: Firesale?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you want us to sell bigtime and what return do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I've been hoping this, too. I just don't think anyone is that dumb/desperate. Some speculated Seattle but that never panned out. I think him running his mouth (as usual) in the media right after he quit like an infant didn't help him much.

I could see Vancouver maybe taking a shot on him. They are getting AWFULLY itchy over there, recently.
Yeah, someone will hire his ass. Old boy's club and all that.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I've been hoping this, too. I just don't think anyone is that dumb/desperate. Some speculated Seattle but that never panned out. I think him running his mouth (as usual) in the media right after he quit like an infant didn't help him much.

I could see Vancouver maybe taking a shot on him. They are getting AWFULLY itchy over there, recently.
They are restless. Canucks are starting to resemble the Detroit Lions.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I wonder how many more games the Penguins will have to botch before Hex has to go on a Jim Benning apology tour?

"Listen guys... being a GM is HARD!"
I genuinely wonder how much of the inaction comes from ownership's direction. "Don't rock the boat too much, we're trying to sell the team and need big names around." etc

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s bizarre. I can’t identify anything he does well. At least Matheson is putting up points.

He used to do a lot of things well. Always seemed to be in the right spot defensively, good outlet pass, good skating the puck out. But after his rookie year, it's like all those things disappeared on him.

One does have to wonder about coaching/development if a guy who looked like a future top pairing guy as a rookie has regressed to being closer to a #5 now. At least with Maatta, his decline is easily identified because of his thyroid cancer and already plodding skating getting worse.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He used to do a lot of things well. Always seemed to be in the right spot defensively, good outlet pass, good skating the puck out. But after his rookie year, it's like all those things disappeared on him.

One does have to wonder about coaching/development if a guy who looked like a future top pairing guy as a rookie has regressed to being closer to a #5 now. At least with Maatta, his decline is easily identified because of his thyroid cancer and already plodding skating getting worse.

It was in a short season and he blew in the playoffs that year. Likely worked out because there was no footage on him. Now they just take the body when he tries to sneak around people with the puck.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I don't know that it's the case in every instance player to player but it sure does seem to be at least a little bit of a trend, huh?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder how many more games the Penguins will have to botch before Hex has to go on a Jim Benning apology tour?

"Listen guys... being a GM is HARD!"

Well, in fairness, being a GM to follow Jim Rutherford after he ****** up a franchise is.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pronger was a force by his 4th or 5th year in the league. So he was still only 23 or so, but that dude was a physical freak of nature and had vision far beyond his years. Comparing almost anyone to his timeline would be unfair.

he was awful when he first came into the league. That’s my point. It’s a difficult position to learn. Marino is still doing that.

Reactions: Night Shift

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Why? Marino is paid 4.4?

What exactly does Marino do for our blue line? He’s not offensively talented enough to produce. He isn’t a stud defender. He’s not a great skater. He gets worked off the puck.

what did Letang do at that age other than run around & take unnecessary & foolish chances? He’s 24, relax.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Had 42 points in 51 games.

Comparing Letang and Marino is hilarious.

And taking foolish chances & running around. Letang was a mess back then. Marino & POJ are the future anchors of our blue line. Hope that spells it out for you.

you understand defense is probably the hardest position to learn. You have to learn positioning, how to QB the power play, reads on breakouts, defensive coverages, offensive pushes, etc. this is why they invested in him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
And taking foolish chances & running around. Letang was a mess back then. Marino & POJ are the future anchors of our blue line. Hope that spells it out for you.

you understand defense is probably the hardest position to learn. You have to learn positioning, how to QB the power play, reads on breakouts, defensive coverages, offensive pushes, etc. this is why they invested in him.

Letang was a stud at 24 and would’ve followed it up with a Norris in 2013 if he stayed healthy.

Marino is not.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

POJ isn't even close to being NHL ready, he plays like he plugs his ears when the team talks systems. No idea what he's doing on the ice and then he gets shoved off the puck and beat like a rented mule by anyone with a pulse. Then his go to response to that is turn on his tunnel vision and skate 110% at the puck carrier who's already planned a play 2 lightyears beyond what POJ could comprehend

Just sad to see

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
POJ isn't even close to being NHL ready, he plays like he plugs his ears when the team talks systems. No idea what he's doing on the ice and then he gets shoved off the puck and beat like a rented mule by anyone with a pulse. Then his go to response to that is turn on his tunnel vision and skate 110% at the puck carrier who's already planned a play 2 lightyears beyond what POJ could comprehend

Just sad to see

I didn’t realize he said anchors so I guess the assessment makes sense. Marino and POJ are probably the future Anchors sinking this d core.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

If that's the case, then God help us.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I didn’t realize he said anchors so I guess the assessment makes sense. Marino and POJ are probably the future Anchors sinking this d core.

If that's the case, then God help us.

Yeah that is kinda what happens when you go pure youth movement. None of these guys have hit their ceilings imo so it's a process. Especially Marino

Though I've been thinking with this new ownership group, we might be be more active in FA than we are used to, so there probably won't be a pure youth movement like we think if we trade everyone.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I am kind of surprised with how productive some guys stats are this season even with the poor start.

If they played 82gp: (I know this is already impossible for some guys listed)
Guentzel 71
Letang 68
ERod 56
Kapanen 51
Marino 41
Heinen 41

Also no need to tell me anything about small sample size or how they will get injured or how they won’t finish with these totals or that we still suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad