Speculation: Firesale?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you want us to sell bigtime and what return do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Pens should take a page out of Edmonton's book and just play Sid and Geno together. Put a guy like McGinn on the other wing to be defensively responsible and do the forechecking, then fill out the rest of the roster with what's left.
Sure. But who cares? That gets us playing the two of them for 25 minutes a night while we desperately scramble to make up lost ground and maybe sneak into the playoffs, gassed and beaten up, just to get eliminated in the 1st--maaaaaybe 2nd round again. :laugh:

Go full blender with the lines, f*** it. But deal Letang and Rust by the deadline, I'm begging you Hextall. :laugh:

Reactions: ehill613 and KIRK

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sure. But who cares? That gets us playing the two of them for 25 minutes a night while we desperately scramble to make up lost ground and maybe sneak into the playoffs, gassed and beaten up, just to get eliminated in the 1st--maaaaaybe 2nd round again. :laugh:

Go full blender with the lines, f*** it. But deal Letang and Rust by the deadline, I'm begging you Hextall. :laugh:

I just want to see Sid and Geno on the same line. I'm under no illusions that this team, as it's currently constructed, will go anywhere in the playoffs regardless of line combinations.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just want to see Sid and Geno on the same line. I'm under no illusions that this team, as it's currently constructed, will go anywhere in the playoffs regardless of line combinations.
From the standpoint of "If you're gonna suck, at least be entertaining", I get it and agree. I don't really care what they do, and don't think it matters, so give the big two-headed monster one final hurrah. :laugh:

Reactions: MrBurghundy

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
So who are the untouchables if we trade the big 3?

I'm going with Marino and the Goalie prospects

Marino is the only name I came up with that fits into a "not trying to shop actively" category. Wouldn't even come close to calling him untouchable.

But, yeah. He's one of the least likely to be dealt should we tear it down.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Why is Marino untouchable????

Maybe untouchable is over exaggerated on my part. I brought up somewhere else that he may be wise to keep if we were to blow it up (or whatever) and go through a youth movement, being 24. But he also fills some of the cap floor requirement, which makes sense since he's still developing.

Edit: But let's say we don't see the "youth" for a few years, he can be a solid vet on this team by then to have assuming he meets expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I would be open to trading anyone outside of Sid for the right return. That being said, I would start by firing Sull and then I would move guys like Rust, Jake, Dumo, Marino, Zucker, Kap, etc to try and get some better fits or some pieces and see how that works and if it makes the mix any better. If it doesn't and they still aren't gelling and aren't looking like a playoff team, then move onto trading Malkin and Letang

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We outshot the Isles and that's good enough for me. Just ask the Bruins against the same Isles. Or the Habs against the Lightning.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
D-men always take a long time to develop. Marino is fine & will be so.

Marino is one of our best players. I dunno what deflection is going on from our impotent forwards, but "lookie here John Marino sucks lol" is falling on deaf ears.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't think Marino sucks. I think he's kinda like... a smaller, less defensively savvy Dumo with better offensive instincts/skills.

But neither would I tap him as a must-keep moving ahead. Far from it. Marino isn't Core 2.0 material, IMO. If he is that's... not super great.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Marino is one of our best players. I dunno what deflection is going on from our impotent forwards, but "lookie here John Marino sucks lol" is falling on deaf ears.

I agree. Marino will anchor the blue line in a few years. I don't worry about guys learning a difficult position. The amount of reads d-men have to learn is mind boggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad