Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
"We need to do a better job in communicating what we’re doing with our roster and why we are doing it"
No kidding.
"I would ask you for a little more time and patience as we work to communicate better with the media and our fans specifically about our plans for the team for the upcoming season and beyond."
They've had 7 years to work on communicating their plans better. How much more time do they need?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I asked what the direction of the team was since we're not contending, and we're not rebuilding. I was told:

"We need to do a better job in communicating what we’re doing with our roster and why we are doing it"

and

"I would ask you for a little more time and patience as we work to communicate better with the media and our fans specifically about our plans for the team for the upcoming season and beyond."
Some people like to say the franchise was worse off under management in the past when the owners were criminals and the stars were the true decision makers.

I’d say it’s worse now that we have the wealthiest owner who lets amateurs learn on the job just because they were popular players from the distant past who say we should keep popular players on the team from the near past.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I asked what the direction of the team was since we're not contending, and we're not rebuilding. I was told:

and

jesus.

sad days

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't mind Caleb JOnes the player

I do mind another organizational cockblock

Interesting.. maybe youre right. My eye test tells me he's great at shedding defenders on the breakout and settling things down.. but then rarely gets the puck up ice quickly on a rush, usually east/west passes or someone coming back to catch a pass. Thats what I notice a lot. On PP1 he doesnt create and doesnt get shots through. He does get walked a bit like Durzi did and some of the faster guys - but thats expected w age.. he was team worst -4 in the playoffs. Those are the negatives. So I guess his positives are harder to detect with the eye. Do u feel he's worth the 11mil aav?

He's paid appropriately for what he brings, a top-10 dman year in and out still.

Yes, he has flaws. everyone does. But his cap and play isn't the problem for this roster. It's the construction overall.

Just like Kopitar, this franchise will spend another 25+ years hoping for a Drew Doughty. You don't just replace Hall of Famers.

You can argue whether they're the right thing we need right now, but his play is still phenomenal night in and night out.

Edit: random fun fact doughty is already in the top 150 for games played all time. 5 more seasons (likely) and he's in the top 10 area with Lidstrom, Bourque, Murphy, Stevens, Chelios. 7 more (possible) and he's challenging for 1st all time.

Last edited:

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
How many LHD do the Kings need?

NHL: Anderson, Gavrikov, Edmundson, Englund, Moverare

AHL: Jones, Krygier, Booth, Dvorak, Hicketts

All contracted RHD: Doughty, Clarke, Spence, Burroughs, Walsh
A better defensemen than Edmundson and at 3 million less, was Luc and Bergevin off today?

Reactions: funky

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
what does that even mean
sur4kL8.gif

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Some people like to say the franchise was worse off under management in the past when the owners were criminals and the stars were the true decision makers.

I’d say it’s worse now that we have the wealthiest owner who lets amateurs learn on the job just because they were popular players from the distant past who say we should keep popular players on the team from the near past.
The frustrating part for me is that LA is one of the top media and entertainment cities in the world. How are there not more resources available and used?

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
No kidding.

They've had 7 years to work on communicating their plans better. How much more time do they need?
I was trying to be vague.

It means I sent an email to someone at AEG about the Kings, and to my surprise, I actually got a response.

Even though not all my complaints were directly addressed, I appreciated that I got a personal reply.
Fans and media need to thnk about that. 7 years and they have gone from #1 prospects for several years and turned that into badly constructed 90s team. After 7 years no progress, a very arrogant president of hockey operations who thinks because he was a great player for an organization that makes him a great a building and he deserves not be questioned. A top flight organization would see how bad it is being run

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
True...I mean injuries never happen....so....they should only carry 3 of each....
A couple of months ago I asked you a genuine question, if you'd want this FO group to return next season (now this upcoming season)

You said "I don't know, depends on what happens in the playoffs".

Well, we all saw what happened in the playoffs.

How do you feel when Luc says "We were right there"?

What is your reaction to when Luc struggled to articulate what he even does within this organization, when asked by a reporter?

Why are you still vehemently defending mediocrity? After witnessing what we all saw this year, wouldn't you be more cautious about defending management this time around? Or perhaps, it wasn't really dependent on what happened in the playoffs, after all.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
A couple of months ago I asked you a genuine question, if you'd want this FO group to return next season (now this upcoming season)

You said "I don't know, depends on what happens in the playoffs".

Well, we all saw what happened in the playoffs.

How do you feel when Luc says "We were right there"?

What is your reaction to when Luc struggled to articulate what he even does within this organization, when asked by a reporter?

Why are you still vehemently defending mediocrity? After witnessing what we all saw this year, wouldn't you be more cautious about defending management this time around? Or perhaps, it wasn't really dependent on what happened in the playoffs, after all.
It’s a bit.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I don't understand letting Arvidsson walk for nothing. Just watch him have a career year on Leon's wing for 82 games next season.
Was injured at the trade deadline. Not that they had any plans to trade him. Remember, we were right there

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Was injured at the trade deadline. Not that they had any plans to trade him. Remember, we were right there
Dang straight we were right there, I mean we were so close to winning a 2nd game you could taste it😉
I got impression Arvy wasn't coming back and as he wanted new opportunity and he preferred a more aggressive style/up tempo type of team.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't understand letting Arvidsson walk for nothing. Just watch him have a career year on Leon's wing for 82 games next season.
Neither do I. It just shows that they don't have a f***ing plan, like at all. Not trading RV at the deadline if he expressed the desire to not re-sign is a huge blunder. Same with Roy, like they could've added assets for these players and then moved those assets for assistance at the deadline or just used them to "reload". Instead we were right there, i.e right on the edge of the black hole/being swept in the first round.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad