Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
kempe-kopitar-laferriere
moore-danult-marchesssault
jeannot-byfield-fiala
turcotte-thomas-lafferty/clutterbuck

anderson-doughty
gavrikov-spence
skej/zadorov-clarke
burroughs

byfield making 5.5
spence 1.5
skej/zdorov 5
marchessault 5
clutterbuck/lafferty 1.3
Skjei gonna get a lot more than 5M.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Skjei would probably be a win for us. He'll likely be the left-handed equivalent of Matt Roy. If Arvidsson signs cheap, I'd take him back too.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Jeannot - Kopitar - Moore
Turcotte - Danault - Arvidsson
Lizotte - Thomas - Laferriere
Fagemo

Skjei - Doughty
Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Spence
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

Reactions: KingsCourt

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kopi
Pretty happy with the off season so far. Getting out of the Dubois contract without any retention was obviously a major W, then moving back from 21 to 26 and getting a second while still being able to get a player that I would've been happy with at 21 in Greentree, a player who's profile the Kings have had continual success with being akin to Toffoli and Vilardi in that they're deficient in skating department but have everything else. Then essentially using the free second to pick up Jeannot a player type that we've been needing for the better part of a decade now. The biggest shoe to drop will be the Byfield contract but, after that I still think we need 3 more adds including a top 6 winger, 4th line C and a quality LHD.

Teravainen? 6M-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield 5M-Laferriere
Moore-Danault-Thomas
Jeannot-Trenin?2M-Turcotte

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Kulikov? 1.5M-Spence

I don't really see any right handed wingers worth going for since the only top 6 ones are realistically Stamkos/Marchessault/Toffoli who are all a little too long in the tooth,
so I'd like to see us go after Teravainen/Bertuzzi/Debrusk. I think Trenin would be a great fit for 4C given thats who Jeannot played a lot with in Nashville plus that duo would give Turcotte some good protection. LHD I like Dillon or Kulikov as opposed to targeting Zadorov or Skej since I'd rather allocate most of the cap space towards a top 6 winger. It's hard to really forecast what we can do until we know the Byfield extension but, assuming he gets bridged this what I'd like.
Your proposed line combos are the 1st Ive seen that acknowledges that Moore and Danault belong on the 3rd line. If you slot Laf on the 3rd line, that can be your shutdown defensive line. Laf does not belong in the top 6 now or probably ever - he has Kupari level offensive IQ from what Ive seen.

Fiala carries the puck like a center and when he is not turning pucks over is excellent at drawing the D and finding the open guy.. so to me you pencil him with Kempe who has a quick release. Kopi is slow and is just a possession cycler and nothing else at this point, so I think Byfield is the guy who centers them and can share neutral zone puck carries w Fiala as he develops. Byfield isnt a 1C but either is Kopi. The Kings do not have a 1C so Im picking Byfield since he has the wheels and IQ to work with those other 2 guys.

Fiala, Byfield, Kempe
FA1, Kopi, FA2
Moore, Danault, Laf
Jeannot, Thomas, Turcotte

D would be nice to get Zadarov for 3LD

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I think no matter the type of player, Rob will bring in at least one right shot forward.

Tyler Toffoli, Steven Stamkos, Tyler Johnson, Jack Roslovic, Viktor Arvidsson, Craig Smith, etc.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I’d love to add Skeji but he’ll probably too expensive. And Toffoli or Marchessault or Patrick Kane on short term 4-5mil deals but doubt Kane wants to come out to LA. I’d also like to add Trenin to the 4th line.

Thinking of other options for 3rd pair LD, wonder if Kulikov, Dillion or Edmundson if they come on cheap 1-2 year contracts.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The main problem for the Kings is scoring.

I understand wanting to add size/toughness, but it doesn't really address the main issue.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Skjei would probably be a win for us. He'll likely be the left-handed equivalent of Matt Roy. If Arvidsson signs cheap, I'd take him back too.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Jeannot - Kopitar - Moore
Turcotte - Danault - Arvidsson
Lizotte - Thomas - Laferriere
Fagemo

Skjei - Doughty
Anderson - Clarke
Gavrikov - Spence
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich
Arvidsson is not coming back his agent has said he is looking for the next/new chapter in his life

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If they aren't going to give Roy 6m than they won't be handing out the 6m that Zadorov wants. You have to look into buy low options...Edmundson, Kylington, those kind of guys.
Blake did try to get Edmundson back when he was first traded and ended up going to Montreal so I can see him trying to go after him again. There is a Bergevin connection there as well. He would be great to pair with Clarke.
But they have Anderson Gavrikov Moverare and Englund under contract on the left and now 4 righties in Doughty Clarke Spence Burroughs so its hard to see how it will play out.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Im quite relieved of seeing Grundstrom go, Roy and RV not re-signed.. phew. Now pls dont re-sign Lizotte or Lewis and that will be a good offseason in terms of the cleanup side of things.
After a few months of watching Jeannot you might be wishing you had Grundstrom back.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Kings have addressed the toughness; time for scoring.

I would target the following:

Stamkos
Teravainen
Marchessault
Skinner

One of those 4, and I’d put Stamkos first on that list. Talk about a proven playoff performer, and Stammer would be incredible on the PP and I can’t believe how badly TB has dealt with him by lowballing him on a 3.9m for 6 years offer.

We also need a 3rd pair LD upgrade as well, Dillon would do that and not break the bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad