Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Someone should make some new KING merch.

Ideas: Luc gets credit. Maybe his best contribution to something funny, not organization contribution, of course
LA KINGS
WE WERE RIGHT THERE
another shirt idea. Blake inspired.
LA KINGS
GET UNCOMFORTABLE
and
LA KINGS
DON'T FEAR JULY 1
WE GOT THIS
Jon Rosen inspired
LA KINGS
LEGACY MOVES US FORWARD (but my addition would be)
LEGACY MOVES US FORWARD TO #1 PICK OVERALL

Last edited:

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
The Kings made the playoffs. So from AEG's perspective I can understand it.

We have to hope this whole thing turns into a disaster and they miss the playoffs. Then there's a pretty good chance changes get made.

When your GM's moves are so terrible you can't tell if he's trying to win now or rebuild.
this may have been his 25 year plan all along as he is still bitter about not getting the contract he wanted and removing the C and to force trade and he wants to keep screwing organization over again lol

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Zach Dooley posted his interview with RB.

Basically saying this is our roster and that Jeannot/Foegele/Laferierre will flip flop in the top nine.

We're doomed.
Yea he said Jeannot and Foegele were brought in for the middle six. The projected lines from Blakes comments were
Laferriere - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Jeannot
Foegele - Byfield - Fiala
Turcotte - Thomas - Lewis
Its not great

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Yea he said Jeannot and Foegele were brought in for the middle six. The projected lines from Blakes comments were
Its not great

They'd rather have Jeannot in the top 6 instead of trying Kaliyev?

This would make more sense to me:

Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
Turcotte - Thomas - Jeannot
Lewis

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Honestly, the Kings do ok in dealing with Toronto...Moore, Durzi, #1 (not leafs fault Kings used it on Bjornfot....prospect without a defining aspect)

I say get Nick Robertson. Jason's bro. Local Arcadian. Can skate, has top 6 skills, and a reasonable projection to be a perennial 40-50 pt guy. He wants to be traded. Maybe when Jason is a UFA, he wants to come home and play with Nick. Matters not. Nick can play.

Kaliyev + #3 2025. This would make me feel a little better, after today.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
XXX-Kopitar-Kempe
Foegele-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
Jeannot-Turcotte-Thomas
Fagemo, Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence
Englund, Moverare, Burroughs
My guess: Without a trade(looking at you Spence)

Laf Kopi Kempe
Foegele Byfield Fiala
Moore Danault Turcotte
Jeanot Thomas Lewis
Fagemo/Lee
Its not great
Defense baby, 2-1 league. Especially with Kuemper as the #1.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They'd rather have Jeannot in the top 6 instead of trying Kaliyev?

This would make more sense to me:

Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
Turcotte - Thomas - Jeannot
Lewis
Yea I agree but was just posting what was projected on that site from Blakes own words. I did not make up those line combinations.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
You honestly think they're done for the off-season? I don't. With the last 3 years:
21 Danault, Arvidsson
22 Fiala
23 PLD
24 Jeannot, Foegele. I think they will try to make up for the 'future hoped' PLD #1C and losses of Vilardi, Arvy, that they know they 'must' get a name or legit top 6 forward and will try to do it. Albeit a reach, ala Tarasenko or Laine. And not a true good add, ala Ehlers, Pinto, Necas.
They have shown to be able to move cap and would not put it past them to deal Moore, to use his 4M.At this point, I'd LOVE to get Nick Robertson. I truly see him as a perennial 50+ pt winger. Lots of upside.

I was really hoping for Marchessault or even Teravainen, DeBrusk level adds today.
There could be some small housecleaning, but just players on 1 million contracts, Kaliyev maybe.

Laine would be nice, but think they would have done that before tying up so much cap.

Moore, Kempe are value contracts that don't make the team better if you trade them.

Don't see them moving Gavrikov or Kuemper right now. Where do the assets or cap space come from? I'd be surprised if anything of significant happened.

The rumors were he was after Guentzel a few days ago so who really knows. Maybe Doughty for Marner. 😂

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
alex laferriere - srtaight to the top line after scoring one goal in the last 350 games, minus a million, not even trusted by hiller to play 10 minutes by the end of the season

Reactions: AbsentMojo

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Its not great
Unless all the young players take massive leaps, this team ain't making the playoffs.

Reactions: Schmooley

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

In the 3 years before signing with the Kings Scuderi played a total of 279 games between the regular season and playoffs.

Scuderi was also coming off of a cup run that included his infamous kick save in game 6 of the finals. Adding him to a young, developing squad is extremely different than adding an oft-injured defenseman to a team that is capped out expected to compete.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
f*** it. Tell Arty you're staying, no one else wants you. You're gonna play on the 3rd line and be out on PP1 every single time. Shut up and get to work.

Foegele-Kopitar-Kempe
Turcotte-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-AK47
Jeannot-Thomas-Lafrienere
Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

If the kids step up, we are a playoff team. If not........Rob and co are packing their bags.
This team is in deep trouble if Warren f**king Foegele is on our top line. Then again so was Iaffalo for years. I take back what I just said. My bad. We are still in trouble though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad