Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
why did Laine play 18 games? I want the Kings to take a crack at him if he’s available for a good price. We need a sniper badly.
Going back a couple of years, father passed, oblique injury, collar bone injury, nhlpa.

Laine has 2 years under contract & has requested a trade. Wouldn't be the worst gamble on a rebound. CBJ looking for players coming back.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I may be in the minority here but I'd like to see Fagemo get another shot.

After getting dumped on waivers by two different teams the dude went down to Ontario and quietly put up 43 goals and 19 assists for 62 points in 50 games.
For sure, Kaliyev too, 1st thing in pre season.

If the lines don't work swap and rotate in a new guy in the next game, and so on every game.

See what hits.

Fiala - Byfield -Kaliyev

Kempe - Kopitar - Fagemo

Turcotte- Danault - Moore

Grundstrom -Lizotte - Laferriere

Akil - Lee

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I might actually puke after I come to terms with how plausible this horse shit is.
Blake had speed wobbles 3 years ago with the Cal signing and the side to side has only gotten worse over that time span.. how he has remained upright / employed and still pulling the levers is as mysterious as the sudden whiting of Luc-ifer's hair

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Laine is actually interesting to me. A pure sniper scorer who could elevate the offense.
Sure, he has had some issues the last few. He has been sulking in a shitshow franchise that he was traded to against his wishes. Not really any sort of playmaking center to work with there. Injuries have definitely been a problem. Also pretty well known that he has had problems with a video game addiction in the past.
LA could be the sort of place where he turns it around. The sun and sky and ocean clears a lot of shit out of your head.
I would need to have some long talks with him and some coaches before I would be ready to pull the trigger. Really this franchise doesnt need to bring in another loose cannon after the expensive Dubois episode (DuBacle, DuSaster, whatever you want to call it) so a more thorough due diligence really would need to take place.

Fagemo is never going to be anything close to what Laine was as a rookie. He's a guy who looks great in the AHL but wont get the time and space he needs in the National.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'd like to look at Jake Debrusk, he'd look good with Qb, also like to see Turcotte start on Kopi"s lw and see how he does. Maybe try Fagemo with Danault and Moore or on Qb"s rw. Dont want yo give up quality assets unless for Necas
Debrusk is a good option too. I like Laine if the price is good.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Laine is actually interesting to me. A pure sniper scorer who could elevate the offense.
Sure, he has had some issues the last few. He has been sulking in a shitshow franchise that he was traded to against his wishes. Not really any sort of playmaking center to work with there. Injuries have definitely been a problem. Also pretty well known that he has had problems with a video game addiction in the past.
LA could be the sort of place where he turns it around. The sun and sky and ocean clears a lot of shit out of your head.
I would need to have some long talks with him and some coaches before I would be ready to pull the trigger. Really this franchise doesnt need to bring in another loose cannon after the expensive Dubois episode (DuBacle, DuSaster, whatever you want to call it) so a more thorough due diligence really would need to take place.

Fagemo is never going to be anything close to what Laine was as a rookie. He's a guy who looks great in the AHL but wont get the time and space he needs in the National.
That would be putting a bandaid over a bullet hole, when the patient needs open heart surgery. And I know you are as cynical as I am about this org - so I dont understand how you'd entertain something as dubious as Laine. This isnt about find that final piece in a well built roster like JeffC.. this roster is so ill conceived, any decent GM that inherited it, would tear it down to its frame.. Byfield, Kempe and Clarke and probably thats it... but this is Luc's parallel universe we are living so sure, lets pretend we just need a sniper and keep the illusion alive until the whole thing implodes.. sort of like our economy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The idiots already have laine for cheap buried in the press box. #34
Laine is 6’5. Looking at the oilers this year I think they’re the model team in terms of composition. Big forwards with skill and grit. A 6’5 sniper would be really good for this team that lacks high end sniping ability. I think Kempe is good but he’s not your traditional sniper.

You lose Arvidsson thankfully who’s always been a low impact manlet with a 6’5 sniper who can give this powerplay a whole different look.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Laine is 6’5. Looking at the oilers this year I think they’re the model team in terms of composition. Big forwards with skill and grit. A 6’5 sniper would be really good for this team that lacks high end sniping ability. I think Kempe is good but he’s not your traditional sniper.

You lose Arvidsson thankfully who’s always been a low impact manlet with a 6’5 sniper who can give this powerplay a whole different look.
Laine is the “big skilled winger” version of PLD.

Size and skill doesn’t always work out the way is evolutionarily should.

Reactions: dman3474

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Too many unknowns with Laine, especially health, think he also had serious concussion
He looked really good before that concussion. I watched it in real time and cant remember exactly but I think it was a dirty hit at the end of a game when he was going to score on an empty net.
He didnt look the same after that.
Also I remember seeing him go beast mode before he got traded from Winnipeg he was throwing his weight around and standing up for teammates.
I always liked him and he may come cheap because of his issues. Can see Blake rolling some dice here to save his job.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Laine is the “big skilled winger” version of PLD.

Size and skill doesn’t always work out the way is evolutionarily should.
I’m sorry, I hate PLD as much as the next guy but Laine is a lot more talented than PLD. Again if the price is good I wouldn’t mind. I’d take a crack at him if it’s not PLD price.

I’m sick and tired of Kings not standing up for one another. Big talented guy who’s willing to stand up for his teammates while adding a new dynamic to the PP seems to make sense to me.

He looked really good before that concussion. I watched it in real time and cant remember exactly but I think it was a dirty hit at the end of a game when he was going to score on an empty.
Also I remember seeing him go beast mode before he got traded from Winnipeg he was throwing his weight around and standing up for teammates.
I always liked him and he may come cheap because of his issues. Can see Blake rolling some dice here to save his job.
Completely true. There was many talks about him looking prime to make a big comeback until the headshot. Laine has a lot of real potential if the price is right. PLD had nothing but the Canadian bullshit polish.

Reactions: Schmooley

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
That would be putting a bandaid over a bullet hole, when the patient needs open heart surgery. And I know you are as cynical as I am about this org - so I dont understand how you'd entertain something as dubious as Laine. This isnt about find that final piece in a well built roster like JeffC.. this roster is so ill conceived, any decent GM that inherited it, would tear it down to its frame.. Byfield, Kempe and Clarke and probably thats it... but this is Luc's parallel universe we are living so sure, lets pretend we just need a sniper and keep the illusion alive until the whole thing implodes.. sort of like our economy.
It would depend entirely on the cost, of course. I am not sold on the guy, but he is interesting. Beating Edmonton and Colorado will require goals scored. I dont think the roster is f***ed beyond redemption. I want the front office sacked as much as anyone, so many mistakes. If we had a top 10 in the league goalie that would be the obvious way to move up fast, but short of that, adding a 35 goal scorer along with some defense and physicality is desirable. Doesnt need to be Laine, but if CBJ wants to sell him cheap its worth listening.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
On a sidenote it's truly amazing the amount of artificial value PLD had and has. Im gonna honestly point to the whole canadian bullshit where every boy is a good boy and yeah he might be a locker room cancer but hes a good canadian boy so theres some bullshit intrinsic value there. His contract, his value we acquired him for when it was purported by many that he's a quitting little bitch, then we trade him with no retention? I can't imagine many other players of other nationalities getting as much leeway has he has when his resume has limited success and marred by an awful personality.

It would depend entirely on the cost, of course. I am not sold on the guy, but he is interesting. Beating Edmonton and Colorado will require goals scored. I dont think the roster is f***ed beyond redemption. I want the front office sacked as much as anyone, so many mistakes. If we had a top 10 in the league goalie that would be the obvious way to move up fast, but short of that, adding a 35 goal scorer along with some defense and physicality is desirable. Doesnt need to be Laine, but if CBJ wants to sell him cheap its worth listening.
Laine is super interesting if the asking price is good. He has the whole Jack Eichel kind of concern around the league with his injury as well as his NHLPA issue. But he can definitely be a boon at the right price. Especially when you consider how solid he was looking this year before he got injured.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
For sheer entertainment value sure I wouldnt mind him.. the roster lacks physicality on almost every line and pairing.. it lacks size other than the 1st line (esp on D). It lacks top end talent... so the PP will have a hard time being top 1/3 esp w DD stuck on PP1. It has league worst goaltending by skill (not by stats). They run a system that protects the goalies at the expense of offense. Danault is a 3C.. Kopi is a 2C. There is no 1C. Byfield will probably end up a 2C at some point this upcoming season is a 3C. I think the highest scoring fwd was Kempe at 37th in the league. I just think its better to start over due to all the declining assets (Kopi, DD, Danault, etc).. the time to have contended I believe was the last 3 years and Blake didnt get it done.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He looked really good before that concussion. I watched it in real time and cant remember exactly but I think it was a dirty hit at the end of a game when he was going to score on an empty net.
I think this is the hit

Reactions: Schmooley

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Move Gavrikov down to the 6th D making almost 6 million?

And here illustrates the problem with not having cost-controlled youth ready to step in

you get stuck either jamming a big salary down--gavrikov--or an AHLer--Englund.

The 4th Period has us linked to Jake Debrusk who I love as a player but is another left shot and has questionable upside.

God damnit we have been linked to Debrusk for so long I have to believe he's a king in the fall.

And I don't hate him but he's just the latest in a long line of guys that people pine for but then realize when he's here that he's just another reskinned 40-50 point guy that Kings fans cant wait to run out of town in the vein of Iafallo, Pearson, Toffoli.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
if kaliyev didnt work then i dont expect someone like laine would either

1718948324915.png

Kaliyev is not even close to Laines caliber bruv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad