Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I don't understand the want for Chychrun.

He can never stay healthy and when he has he barely eclipses 40 points.

Not great in his own end; sure he has size but he's not physical by any means. 72 hits last season which would've been 5th on our D group.

I don’t understand paying Mikey $28M forever versus Chickrun like $16M for a couple of years if one of them is next to Doughty who cost more than either several times over.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
totally different players

Mikey is great value at 4.125 million per. I am skeptical of Chycrun
What’s his value? He gets tooled by McDavid more per sixty than anyone else. How many time has Jake done that next to a guy with an $11M cap hit. $2M more than complete shitbag Darnell Nurse.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Mikey is nice but he's not a good partner for Drew (despite what Drew says). Drew doesn't need a stay-at-home guy because Drew usually stays at home anyway. Drew needs a bigger guy who can pin people along the boards and has a good shot to force people from straying too far onto Drew's side. Muzzin, Mitchell, McNabb, those are guys who make the team better when playing with Drew. Kind of why I think someone like Provorov might be a good buy low candidate if Columbus is looking to get rid of him. Just need to change his name to Mrovorov and we're all set.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Mikey is nice but he's not a good partner for Drew (despite what Drew says). Drew doesn't need a stay-at-home guy because Drew usually stays at home anyway. Drew needs a bigger guy who can pin people along the boards and has a good shot to force people from straying too far onto Drew's side. Muzzin, Mitchell, McNabb, those are guys who make the team better when playing with Drew. Kind of why I think someone like Provorov might be a good buy low candidate if Columbus is looking to get rid of him. Just need to change his name to Mrovorov and we're all set.
You want to bring players in to build around Drew still? This is the big problem and why theyve been stuck for years.
What Drew needs is to be traded to a contender with salary retained where he can anchor a second pair on a cup team to finish his career.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
totally different players

Mikey is great value at 4.125 million per. I am skeptical of Chycrun
Depends on Cost with JC, he's always been a bit overrated, but he's still really good when healthy. Just think Ottawa will ask for more than he's worth and he's a free agent next summer and I bet he'll be asking for at least 8 million a year. Might want to look elsewhere to start

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Depends on Cost with JC, he's always been a bit overrated, but he's still really good when healthy. Just think Ottawa will ask for more than he's worth and he's a free agent next summer and I bet he'll be asking for at least 8 million a year. Might want to look elsewhere to start
I think we are better off with Clarke than JC

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Why is everyone talking about upgrading LHD? If the Kings keep Anderson and Gavrikov there is no way to upgrade that position unless they deal on of them. Does Englund (the 6th D) really matter at this point? He makes 1 million and the only player with any toughness. They have to keep him in the line-up especially with smaller players like Clarke and Spence now penciled in.

If the Kings add a few tough forwards, I guess they can afford to scratch or waive Englund, but what's the point of having three big money LHD? Then we have one huge RHD salary in Doughty and two entry level RHD in Spence and Clarke - doesn't really pencil out. Might as well move one of Anderson and Gavrikov.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Why is everyone talking about upgrading LHD? If the Kings keep Anderson and Gavrikov there is no way to upgrade that position unless they deal on of them. Does Englund (the 6th D) really matter at this point? He makes 1 million and the only player with any toughness. They have to keep him in the line-up especially with smaller players like Clarke and Spence now penciled in.

If the Kings add a few tough forwards, I guess they can afford to scratch or waive Englund, but what's the point of having three big money LHD? Then we have one huge RHD salary in Doughty and two entry level RHD in Spence and Clarke - doesn't really pencil out. Might as well move one of Anderson and Gavrikov.
Englund should not go into the season as a starting Ld, he's either the 7th or ahl. Kings can use the money that they offer Roy and get a ld2 and move Gavrikov down as he has only 1 year left, but I would try and move him and even eat 1.8 and that should make him an attractive options to other teams, which frees up $4 and you would the money from Roy's + the 4 million from Gavrikov. You can they fill that left side with better options than you have now.
Then you can look for one or two Physical forwards.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Move Gavrikov down to the 6th D making almost 6 million?
For 1 year , but I'd move him.if you can. If you get chance to pick up a legit top Ld for now and down the line you do it. You have the right side covered with Drew, Clarke and Spence. If that is not possible you look for an Ld3 and keep Gavrikov as ld2 for next year.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wonder if the Kings would move Anderson in some sort of deal for Chychrun.

Doughty-Chychrun
Clarke-Gavirkov
Spence-Englund
Would you do Spence, Kaliyev, and the 1st round this year for Chychrun and Boston's first rounder? You move down a few spots in the draft with the 1st round exchange.

I agree with thatvto a point, but they also have to be able to play and be a bit more mobile that what we have. We should not go into season with Englund in top 6.
What about Tyler Kleven out of Ottawa.
Who did you have in mind
Kleven requires an overpay sorry. It'll never happen but I'd only trade Kleven if he ends up being an add on for a Brandt Clarke to Ottawa.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Would you do Spence, Kaliyev, and the 1st round this year for Chychrun and Boston's first rounder? You move down a few spots in the draft with the 1st round exchange.

Kleven requires an overpay sorry. It'll never happen but I'd only trade Kleven if he ends up being an add on for a Brandt Clarke to Ottawa.
No I don't trade Spence , he and Clarke are the future of La right side., I like Chychrun but he's a bit overrated when it comes to value.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
why did Laine play 18 games? I want the Kings to take a crack at him if he’s available for a good price. We need a sniper badly.

Arvidsson can f*** off. We have no room for soft midgets.
Think he was/is in the NHLPA player assistance program and was out with injury - clavicle fracture.

$8.7 million per for the next 2 seasons.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 6.49.02 PM.png

Quick, Blake! Don't look backwards. Follow the light!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad