Fire Luke Richardson

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Would you rather have a coach chew out a tip player on the bench after a terrible turnover?

See Montgomery chewing out Brad Marchand on the bench during a game in front of the Bruins team..

Woukd you ratger have KR chew out Kurashev in front of the Hawks pkayers on the bench instead of scratching him...or would you ratger see LR chew out Halk for his lazy watch from behind failing to turn on the Jets to back-check which resulted in a goal agaibst or should Halk be scratched?

There are only 3 logical choices for getting g players to wake up or not to do dumb things:

1.Do nothing g...because they are vets.But you can scratch kids of course ifvthey play badly or do dumb things.

2.Chew out the culprit i front of the team even if he is a respected vet...eg.Mo toners on Marchand.

3.Scratch even a respected vet including a top stars if he star fails in sone way...but only if he is disregarding instruction you gave him earlier to pkay better or to do sonething he us not doing or to not do the same mistakes again and again.

That is all any coach can choose to do with a pkayer costing the team or not following instructions.

So it seems no matter which of thse options LR coukd use,he is going g to be blamed anyway.

Of course players should tKevon their own actions or lack of actions calked for..

But of course only the coach gets blamed...never the player especualky ifvhevis a star..

So far KR has chosen the scratch method and not to chewvout players in public or onthe bench in the heat of battle.

He may have also chosen no action at times with certain vets or evenbudfibgvstars(you know who I mean.. (LR:: "CB I have told you shoot the puck more...but not from the perimeter...you gotta get to the high danger slot..you cannot let goalies have an easy time and cannot let 4th line nobodies prevent you from getting to the high dagers areas...choice?I've told you and told you but 2 goals on your last 59 shotsvover your lsst 20 games and you still do not listen...kinda failing on shooting..but you know and I know I cannot scratch you ...so I will fond others tovscratch..you are safe..though if you go another 2 forc59 I think I may have to risk fan ire abd put you on the bench till you listen to me and get to those high dangerxareas before shooting ...You will not best NHL goalies much from low danger areas of shootng")...

Surely Bedard's Generational Shot cannot face Verona goalie performance almost all 82 games?

So Bedard must be doing sonething wrong over last 20ngames in notvscoring enough goals on shotsxtake...and when as in ladt game he generates onlyv2 shots on goal...that is clearly not enough.. especialky given his lousy shooting %over the last 20GP..

On the Pos tgere is 1 orx2 less defenders ...but Bedard isvpkayong point or goes down to the dot...Still not taking it to high danger middle skit and firing..

On 5x5 where is the drive over the line from the middle of the ice to then release and fire?

Do you think LR has nkt mentioned to him to start getting to the high danger area of the slot middle..If he cannot execute that mission then tge very reason we drafted hom goes poof!

And esoecialky if he let's nobody 4th liners hold hon to justc2 shots or shove hom to the perimeter.. nor can he just be a PPguy..has to lead in 5x5 too.And he us not the one scoring on the Pp...assistsxare nice but hevis tabbed Generational for a reason...his release and shot.

So IF thi s lousy shooting % keeps up much longer ,should LR do nothing to eKe hom up?

He is supposed to be a star shooter...thatvis supposed to be his best asset...yet over last 20 GP this best weapon has basically been silenced.

So how long before LR tries to do something to improve Bedard scorong GOALS?

Anither 20games? Probably...because we all EXOECT some reversion to at least 19% or better shooting efficiency ..but clearly anotger 2 for 59 will not be acceptable from Bedard.

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
all timer post fiddy.
That is all any coach can choose to do with a pkayer costing the team or not following instructions.

So it seems no matter which of thse options LR coukd use,he is going g to be blamed anyway.
no one would blame lurich for not scratching his best faceoff taking center so far this season and second highest scorer from last season.
He may have also chosen no action at times with certain vets or evenbudfibgvstars(you know who I mean.. (LR:: "CB I have told you shoot the puck more...but not from the perimeter...you gotta get to the high danger slot..you cannot let goalies have an easy time and cannot let 4th line nobodies prevent you from getting to the high dagers areas...choice?I've told you and told you but 2 goals on your last 59 shotsvover your lsst 20 games and you still do not listen...kinda failing on shooting..but you know and I know I cannot scratch you ...so I will fond others tovscratch..you are safe..though if you go another 2 forc59 I think I may have to risk fan ire abd put you on the bench till you listen to me and get to those high dangerxareas before shooting ...You will not best NHL goalies much from low danger areas of shootng")...
what was the point of the knowing "you know who i mean" with two periods instead of an elipsis if you were just going to launch into this bizarre fan fiction lecture where you imagine lurich as your sock puppet talking to bedard?
He is supposed to be a star shooter...thatvis supposed to be his best asset...
i'm genuinely in awe of how you can shoehorn your bedard shooting slump bugbear into a conversation about whether or not a player who doesn't play on his line should be scratched.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What negatives does LR bring to the table? Specifically for the younger players?

I think hes an average coach with below average talent.

Not a great 1 game start but he fixed the first line mid game. Hopefully he fixes the PP2 next game.

Bedard Vlasic Kurashev have excelled, Korchinski was fine, and Reichel was a mess. Im not sure how you can judge his impact on younger players yet.

I also understand Bedard would excel under any coach.
Finally, a post about young players and their coach that makes sense.

Led by Pez as usual a few folks weren't happy with how Luke handled their darling players and got on the fire HC bandwagon early on. They continue to ignore the good and nitpick every coaching decision. They act as if they know what goes on behind closed doors. They think they know more about coaching than a 20 year veteran player who has earned the job he has. Every Hawks fan knew the rebuild was going to be painful but I guess there always needs to be the whipping boys who take the brunt of the criticism.

Meanwhile, Luke has returned this team to being accountable. They are obviously lacking talent but to a man they are working both sides of the puck and are off to a decent start to the season. Do I think Richardson is the coach of the future? It's hard to say. But I'm certainly not going to jump on that band wagon at this point - not until the young players that are here and the ones on their way here have a chance to succeed.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022

Led by Pez as usual a few folks weren't happy with how Luke handled their darling players and got on the fire HC bandwagon early on. They continue to ignore the good and nitpick every coaching decision. They act as if they know what goes on behind closed doors. They think they know more about coaching than a 20 year veteran player who has earned the job he has. Every Hawks fan knew the rebuild was going to be painful but I guess there always needs to be the whipping boys who take the brunt of the criticism.

Meanwhile, Luke has returned this team to being accountable. They are obviously lacking talent but to a man they are working both sides of the puck and are off to a decent start to the season. Do I think Richardson is the coach of the future? It's hard to say. But I'm certainly not going to jump on that band wagon at this point - not until the young players that are here and the ones on their way here have a chance to succeed.
find me a single person on this board that would regard kurashev as one of their "darlings" please. you won't, because you aren't actually trying to make a point about the coaching decision we are discussing. you are posturing, positioning yourself as the tough minded old time hockey guy rolling his eyes at a bunch of whining kids.

i'm not calling for lurich's job over scratching kurashev, but so far i've seen no one justify it by any reasonable means.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

Funny how Kurashev and Hall have near identical numbers, but you think Hall is due a promotion to the first line, and Kurashev is due for a scratch.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Funny how Kurashev and Hall have near identical numbers, but you think Hall is due a promotion to the first line, and Kurashev is due for a scratch.
!/ I have not even mentioned Kurashev, and I do like the progress in his game in fact but I'm not going to nitpick every coaching decision.
2/ I didn't say Hall should be "promoted". I did say that Bedard needs a line mate with some speed who can perhaps give him more time and space. Unfortunately, Hall is the only guy I can think of to fulfill that need.... and the bonus could be to get Hall going.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
They are clearly rotating the healthy scratches early in the year. Kurashev isnt playing terrible but hes not producing. Just a chance to give him a reset. Its not all that fair to him because hes not a 2nd line center but it is what it is.

I wouldnt do it. I dont think its a big deal as long as its one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad