Fire Luke Richardson

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
i will reiterate the standard i set for myself this offseason: if the results this season are the same or worse than last season, richardson should be fired. calling for his job last year with a historically bad roster was unproductive at best and asinine at worst. i was one of the most vocal opponents of the fire lurich crowd last year. i believe this year's roster is vastly improved, and though that improvement still amounts to a bottom feeder team, i think there's enough rope here to start tying a noose with if things start to get real ugly.
I think he's probably fired regardless barring something drastic. Yet there's no reason to not just wait until the offseason unless there is a locker room coup.

Reactions: statswatcher

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
for 164 games they have been intentionally constructing a roster to lose games. They still have the 2nd/3rd/4th worst roster in the western conference. Hes there to get through these bad years.

What positives does LR bring to the table? Specifically for the younger players.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
What positives does LR bring to the table? Specifically for the younger players.
What negatives does LR bring to the table? Specifically for the younger players?

I think hes an average coach with below average talent.

Not a great 1 game start but he fixed the first line mid game. Hopefully he fixes the PP2 next game.

Bedard Vlasic Kurashev have excelled, Korchinski was fine, and Reichel was a mess. Im not sure how you can judge his impact on younger players yet.

I also understand Bedard would excel under any coach.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I really don't get previous callings for Richardson's job. He had awful teams. This team is not awful, but on paper is better. That said, it's idiotic to call for his job after a few pre-season games and 1 regular season game. Give the man a chance this year-----and if they are on the same trajectory as last year after 20-40 games and there's a quality coaching candidate WHO CAN DEVELOP YOUNG TALENT, then make the switch. The Hawks are not in a Joel Quenneville "win now" place.
Pretty much exactly where I am on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad