Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
What was Qs record when we canned him? 9-7-2? This dudes leash is all but evaporated if you stick to that standard.
Ummm…no it was 6-6-3, I remember being so pumped after the 10-1 trashing of Pens in game one…

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I’d take Rocky Thompson or Bruce Boudreau if they wanted a guy with experience.

GM wise I would like Matheiu Darche from TB. Want nothing to do with Ryan Hardy.
Thompson is currently unable to work in the NHL because he can't/won't get a covid shot. So maybe not the best choice right now.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Ummm…no it was 6-6-3, I remember being so pumped after the 10-1 trashing of Pens in game one…
Why does it feel like our team identity collapsed and became that of the team that got swept by the predators Did they inflict that much psychological trauma here?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why does it feel like our team identity collapsed and became that of the team that got swept by the predators Did they inflict that much psychological trauma here?

not like management gave them a vote of confidence..they overreacted and traded two core pieces, one now a top player in league

Reactions: sandyfalkirk

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

It’s not even the same team from back then so that makes no sense, the only person who collapsed was stan with him making drastic horrendous moves every summer thinking he’s smart but he’s stupid so that’s why the team is where it is today, it’s not psychological lol

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
It’s not even the same team from back then so that makes no sense, the only person who collapsed was stan with him making drastic horrendous moves every summer thinking he’s smart but he’s stupid so that’s why the team is where it is today, it’s not psychological lol
I mean it just feels like they’re stuck in that gear. Maybe I’m projecting my will to live on them

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks have two days off after the Canucks game. Would be about as decent a time as any to make a change.

Either call up one of Julien/BB or let Marc Crawford be given a chance.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Hawks have two days off after the Canucks game. Would be about as decent a time as any to make a change.

Either call up one of Julien/BB or let Marc Crawford be given a chance.

I was sizing up the days in between games too. I figured if he screwed this home stand up royally he was gone. I think Vancouver is a must win game for Colliton

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I’d take Rocky Thompson or Bruce Boudreau if they wanted a guy with experience.

GM wise I would like Matheiu Darche from TB. Want nothing to do with Ryan Hardy.
Hardy would be interesting only because I know him pretty well personally. I don’t think he’s ready though.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’m officially official on the fire Jc bandwagon. We aren’t good enough to keep losing these games early and pull off a streak to make up for them.

This system is absolute dog sh**

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
squandered the final years of Toews/Kane career

Could take Hawks a generation to undo the damage done especially by Bowman

Toews, for whatever reason(s) has squandered the remainder of his prime. 1st 9 years his takeaway to giveaways was 2.5. Since 2016 it's 1.3. His shooting % has fallen off a cliff.

When one of the dynamic duo falls off that significantly along with other core members aging-Seabs, Crow, Keith, Hossa those are HUUUUGE holes to fill in a salary cap world. Time will tell if Tampa is better at navigating the future because this is what awaits them down the road.

Franchise was in the process of being turned into a laughing stock before JC became coach, he just accelerated the process.

Everyone who is/has been at the top wants to hang on and stay there, that desire clouds many decisions, it's the normal course unfortunately.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I'm not sure if I would try Babcock. Maybe the timeout was all he needed to get back and he loves Toews for all we know. This might be a fit.
nope-no.gif

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Toews, for whatever reason(s) has squandered the remainder of his prime. 1st 9 years his takeaway to giveaways was 2.5. Since 2016 it's 1.3. His shooting % has fallen off a cliff.

When one of the dynamic duo falls off that significantly along with other core members aging-Seabs, Crow, Keith, Hossa those are HUUUUGE holes to fill in a salary cap world. Time will tell if Tampa is better at navigating the future because this is what awaits them down the road.

Everyone who is/has been at the top wants to hang on and stay there, that desire clouds many decisions, it's the normal course unfortunately.
The Hawks could have been the Kings, who committed to a rebuild and all short-term improvements are 1 year deals to be flipped at the deadline.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If this team had no talent it would be one thing. But this team has talent, and JC miserably fails at the most fundamental metric of coaching, which is whether a coach gets the most from a team’s talent. He gets the absolute least.

Reactions: CanadianHawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad