Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
living in a world where darnell nurse and seth jones got almost 10m per, the toronto core is paid near what their fair market value was at the time they were extended...
Yeah, which is why they won't win anything, anytime soon. You need guys making great contributions on ELCs, or on home town discounts. Paying everyone market value is a recipe for disaster. They won't even be able to afford Morgan Reilly after this year.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Kings are also a team that is comparable to Chicago, similar core of highly paid players that were successful during same era and fell off a bit, their rebuild is likely on a better trajectory than Chicago's...better drafting, couple solid trades and signings
Their rebuild is going fantastic. They have loads of talent they don’t even know what to do with. I would imagine they just needs a couple more pieces on D and they’re set. They remind me a lot of the rangers a couple years ago

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, which is why they won't win anything, anytime soon. You need guys making great contributions on ELCs, or on home town discounts. Paying everyone market value is a recipe for disaster. They won't even be able to afford Morgan Reilly after this year.
I wish someone had told Stan that a few years ago.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Its been a while since I last looked it up but weren’t the Matthews and Marner deals relatively on par with the Toews and Kane contracts Cap% wise?

I could be wrong but I think their AAV’s weren’t that outlandish when you look at it in terms of what % of the cap they’re eating up

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
"Its been a while since I last looked it up but weren’t the Matthews and Marner deals relatively on par with the Toews and Kane contracts Cap% wise?"
= disaster waiting to happen
add a Seabrook or two, draft poorly and we're living it.

Dubas has some difficult decisions to make in the near future.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
"Its been a while since I last looked it up but weren’t the Matthews and Marner deals relatively on par with the Toews and Kane contracts Cap% wise?"

Dumbass handed over all that cash without a playoff series win or a bridge contract .He's a moron,Good Luck Leafs

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

He's got 4 forwards taking 50% of his cap. If he wants to win anything, he's got difficult decisions to make now.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Its been a while since I last looked it up but weren’t the Matthews and Marner deals relatively on par with the Toews and Kane contracts Cap% wise?

I could be wrong but I think their AAV’s weren’t that outlandish when you look at it in terms of what % of the cap they’re eating up
t
They won a cup before those contracts kicked in. I doubt they were the same % in 2013 when they won again.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I get that. But in the moment in made me feel bad. What can I say.

You’re a wuss:sarcasm: It was glorious. When you suck you need to know. Don’t feel so bad dude lucked into conning Stan that he was a good coach and made millions in the process.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
For years I said JC was trash and received tons of pushback from JC/Stanley fanboys

Tonight should be final nail in his coffin and Bowman's coffin should be prepared next

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Strome seems like a swell guy yet JC is f***ing him over

Joker was a nice kid but JC f***ed him over
Etc
Etc
Etc

f*** JC he wont be hurt with $ the Hawks are gifting him for incompetence
On ice Strome and Gaudette have done everything they could to earn a spot in preseason. With other instances an ignorant person (me) could assume he takes personal issues with certain players. I’m sure to a point everybody does in any work environment but when the results aren’t the desired product its always what is best for business analytically or personally withstanding.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
#freestrome
#firecolliton

H5NtlEv.png

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Team’s as lifeless as can be. When’s this boob getting canned.

been the theme since he took over in 18...team gives up a bad goal or two and they fold like a cheap suit...how is he already on year 4 and we've seen zero consistent improvement in the team game

Reactions: hawksrule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad