Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They also lucked out into winning the Matthews lottery.

oh there is absolutely sequencing luck involved as far as being bad in the right drafts, they also lucked out with marner and william nylander falling to them, it definitely takes luck but as far as accumilating young elite talent its the most sure way and the Hawks have a stable fanbase so they shouldn't feel the need to try to win now to salvage ticket sales, they should've fired a lame duck staff and proceeded with the rebuild they wrote about last fall

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So if we lose by 3 or 4 again tonight, what’s it going to take to get this buffoon out of here

Wish we were there but can’t imagine they’d have gone into the season to can him after 4 games. I’m guessing he gets at least the rest of October. I’m expecting him to be canned closer to Thanksgiving assuming things haven’t turned around by then.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Seravelli on his podcast said Colliton isn’t on the hot seat.

guess we’re going for that #1 overall pick

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I know you're serious but do you really think that?
What model?
Is it the great fans who fill the stadium despite the losing team? History tells us that that won't last.
Is it the hesitation to make FO changes?
Is it the way they develop the kids?
Is it the high salaries and NM clauses gifted to too many players?
Is it the ridiculously high prices of seats?

I'll give them one thing: The marketing strategy has worked quite well based on your viewpoint.

Leafs? Coyotes? Sabres? Montreal? Ottawa? Vancouver?

We are insufferable compared to them? A bad organization?

Chicago hockey fans are lucky to have been spoiled. Few years of no success and suddenly everything is garbage, everyone's an idiot, all the previous positives are out the window.

Do not equate a bad performance by one GM (and that is according to you, clearly a big hater) to how one organization is run. Why have you chosen to ignore the all the positive things being done in the early 2010s?

Previous players all wanting to come back to be ambassadors? Yeah Arizona sure gets that a lot. Young children from another continent growing up dreaming of playing here? Plenty of those dreaming of Buffalo I'm sure. Most of the people connected to the nhl always bringing up Chicago as one of the better orgs? Ya Sens same thing...

I think the mistake some of you make is that you start judging people, organizations, entities etc based solely on performance. And there is like two kinds of performance for some of you: win=good, don't win enough=unforgivable garbage and it should be burned down. That's not how life works.

It's not their marketing that's brainwashing the stupid gullible me (thanks for that btw), I just have perspective. Because I follow other orgs across others sports and I can see what bad orgs are like...

We have a dip in performance after half a decade of absolutely success? Boo f***ing hoo.

Reactions: ClydeLee

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Leafs? Coyotes? Sabres? Montreal? Ottawa? Vancouver?

We are insufferable compared to them? A bad organization?

Chicago hockey fans are lucky to have been spoiled. Few years of no success and suddenly everything is garbage, everyone's an idiot, all the previous positives are out the window.

Do not equate a bad performance by one GM (and that is according to you, clearly a big hater) to how one organization is run. Why have you chosen to ignore the all the positive things being done in the early 2010s?

Previous players all wanting to come back to be ambassadors? Yeah Arizona sure gets that a lot. Young children from another continent growing up dreaming of playing here? Plenty of those dreaming of Buffalo I'm sure. Most of the people connected to the nhl always bringing up Chicago as one of the better orgs? Ya Sens same thing...

I think the mistake some of you make is that you start judging people, organizations, entities etc based solely on performance. And there is like two kinds of performance for some of you: win=good, don't win enough=unforgivable garbage and it should be burned down. That's not how life works.

It's not their marketing that's brainwashing the stupid gullible me (thanks for that btw), I just have perspective. Because I follow other orgs across others sports and I can see what bad orgs are like...

We have a dip in performance after half a decade of absolutely success? Boo f***ing hoo.
And before that half-decade of success? Did you forget about those miserable years, 1980 - 2008? Five years of success since the '70s is nothing to celebrate... and we're now back to the norm.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm talking about the way they ran org after Burke was fired who kind of did a similar thing as Bowman by trading multiple picks for Phil Kessel, they built a very good club in 4-5 years, Hawks are year 3 into a retool with no clear end in sight
They traded for Kessel without having literally anything else around him. At least we still have Toews, Kane, Debrincat when Stan did a similar move.

And signing their top players for 10mil + before they have won a damn thing? Doesn't sound like a model we should follow either.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
And before that half-decade of success? Did you forget about those miserable years, 1980 - 2008? Five years of success since the '70s is nothing to celebrate... and we're now back to the norm.
We have a new owner since those years. These years aren't even close to comparable to those tears. Not even close.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Clear management change after that. It's the whole point, because they went from bad to good, with results. And that same management is still here. Finishing around the 10th worst in the league for 3 years didnt change them.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Clear management change after that. It's the whole point, because they went from bad to good, with results. And that same management is still here. Finishing around the 10th worst in the league for 3 years didnt change them.
Tallon isn't here. He deserves at least partial credit for the 2009/2010 resurgence

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They traded for Kessel without having literally anything else around him. At least we still have Toews, Kane, Debrincat when Stan did a similar move.

And signing their top players for 10mil + before they have won a damn thing? Doesn't sound like a model we should follow either.

let me ask you a question...if a new management team came in tomorrow and in 3-5 years we had a core of players comparable to Matthews, Tavares, Marner, William Nylander and Morgan Reilly would you be happy or not? its on Dubas for not managing to find the right depth players to surround their core with...the point of my post was that we could easily strip the roster down to a few core players and do a true rebuild like Toronto did after they fired Burke and co...

For the record I liked the offseason Stan put together since he decided to change direction, but they have to move on from Colliton

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If the Leafs didn’t sign Tavares and allocated their cap properly for more defense they would have won multiple playoff rounds by now.
Quite possibly, but the fact remains, they didn't. And they've won nothing.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Quite possibly, but the fact remains, they didn't. And they've won nothing.

To @Toews2Bickell ’s point though, their tear down and build up was arguably very successful until the Tavares signing. Keep in mind they were also counting on Morgan Rielly to blossom into a true #1D man as well. A very unnoticed cause for the lack of success for the Leafs in the playoffs IMHO. The Leafs were heading in a very good direction in June 2018. They lost to Boston in 7 but that roster was really close to being really good.

If not for the Tavares signing the Leafs would probably have had the most successful rebuild since the Pens, Hawks, and Caps. They’ve definitely done a better job of it than the Oilers, Sabres, and the Blackhawks post Q.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kings are also a team that is comparable to Chicago, similar core of highly paid players that were successful during same era and fell off a bit, their rebuild is likely on a better trajectory than Chicago's...better drafting, couple solid trades and signings

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
2018 Hawks were not even top 2 bad and they had Cam Ward playing a bunch of games...this team is likely in the 12-15 range if they don't figure it out this year

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Kings are also a team that is comparable to Chicago, similar core of highly paid players that were successful during same era and fell off a bit, their rebuild is likely on a better trajectory than Chicago's...better drafting, couple solid trades and signings
The Hawks never got as bad as the Kings though. They had absolutely nothing around Kopitar and Doughty. They also had a lot more cap flexibility so they could pick up flip candidates.

It's not a fair comparison.

The Hawks had a choice after the 2017 season to trade players for futures and rebuild or continue to try to win. They chose the latter, and it clearly wasn't correct.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
let me ask you a question...if a new management team came in tomorrow and in 3-5 years we had a core of players comparable to Matthews, Tavares, Marner, William Nylander and Morgan Reilly would you be happy or not? its on Dubas for not managing to find the right depth players to surround their core with...the point of my post was that we could easily strip the roster down to a few core players and do a true rebuild like Toronto did after they fired Burke and co...

For the record I liked the offseason Stan put together since he decided to change direction, but they have to move on from Colliton
Not for the amount they are signed for, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad