Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I think that would be a big mistake and losing one more of the prime years with Toews and Kane.
Toews and Kane are starting to be side quest in our winning story but we just gave Jones a contract to win. De Brincat and Dach(hopefully) will be keys to our near future winnings.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
fwiw....from The Athletic (M Lazerus)
Jeremy Colliton might have lost the Blackhawks fan base but he hasn't lost the room
...“Yeah, 100 percent,” Toews said. “When you’ve got a certain level of experience with the game — Jeremy’s good with this — he welcomes those questions, the little things you don’t understand or don’t agree with, to bring it up and have a discussion. He’s very open to that and that’s what makes him a good coach. I’m not going to agree 100 percent of the time, and it’s good to talk those things out. But ultimately, it’s been my message coming back to the team that I’m just happy to be here, I’m happy to jump on the wagon with the fellas and go have some fun and play some hockey as a team. I think we’ve shown times last year, you could see it, and the year before, too, when we bought in and it was shift after shift that everyone was playing the right way and the same way. You get results when you play Jeremy’s way.”

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews( a 10.5 who is -4 with Zero points after 3GP made only a partial statement with that quote...you see,he neglected to include the word "negative" before the word "results".

Toews sounding more like a stand up comic than an actual 1C costing 10.5 let alone an NHL pkayer...caught up ice...fails to hustle back...and the greatest lasting impression from last game debacle (apart from. The Fleury goif) was the indelible image of Toews loafing back and "watching" as a puck fluesbintonour net because hecwas caught so far behind the coubter-rush and coasted back ibsteadvof hustling to cover the slot and actualky check in tge d-zobe.

A 2way no score no shot s generating Johnny is better suited to the comedy squad than a tarm posing as an NHL responsible hovkey team .

Strip the captaincy from this loafer...He should shut his mouth until he shows he can actually "star" and change the "resukts" to positive outcomes.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Oh give me a break.

Toews is a pro, he's not going to call the coach an idiot to the press. He knows better than that.

It is a bad sign that a mouthpiece like Laz is writing stuff like that though because to me it implies Colliton is in a somewhat safe position.

Toews doesn't strike me as the kind to offer false platitudes. He either says nothing or implies when he's unhappy which he did early in Colliton's tenure as mentioned in the story.

Just because fans don't want to hear the Hawks like their coach doesn't mean it's not true.

I don't know what's going to happen. They turned things around last season with a worse team. But if the losing continues, I agree, it doesn't matter how much the players like the coach.

Reactions: Muffinalt

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016

Gaudette scratched next game...what does this guy see with Khaira to play him every night, he does absolutely nothing well

At this point it's kind of annoying Strome isn't even getting a shot.

That third line could be Cat - Strome - Borg.

I don't even care if we are getting ready to trade him because most of the scuttlebutt is suggesting his value at a 3rd....like okay, big whoop. Guy still scores points more than 99.9% of 3rd rounders ever will. Throw him in there.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
At this point it's kind of annoying Strome isn't even getting a shot.

That third line could be Cat - Strome - Borg.

I don't even care if we are getting ready to trade him because most of the scuttlebutt is suggesting his value at a 3rd....like okay, big whoop. Guy still scores points more than 99.9% of 3rd rounders ever will. Throw him in there.
If a trade is imminent, then you don't want him getting injured, that's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise I would have expected him to draw in. Also, it was interesting that they brought another forward up. Now it's a home game so he can be sent back to Rockford shortly, but it lends a bit more weight to an imminent trade being in the air.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do notvthink the gans want to hear anything from the players ...especialky the "leaders"...until they show by their own play they are capable of executing willing and succeeding...

Until they prove they can do that we do not need to hear a perp from them.

Don't say it...just DO IT!

Talk less but carry a Big Stick etc..

Oh yes...and if they still want to talk to the media then have tge cojones to admit theirvown performance has stunk.

We fans are tired of excuses and promises itcwill turn around...we need to SEE IT in good pjayvand wins.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
starting to think there are potential roster players involved in strome deal or/or it involves the shaw contract because a deal for a 3rd or 4th round pick should be completed by now, would be a pretty straightforward trade

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
If a trade is imminent, then you don't want him getting injured, that's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise I would have expected him to draw in. Also, it was interesting that they brought another forward up. Now it's a home game so he can be sent back to Rockford shortly, but it lends a bit more weight to an imminent trade being in the air.

I know, my point is just that if his worth really is just a 3rd rounder as the insiders seem to suggest....really what is the harm in throwing him in?

To me his potential value to the team, not to mention his trade value going forward, would seem to at least warrant giving him a look over saving him for a paltry 3rd rounder.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Torts coaching this roster has disaster written all over it.

Factor in his total disdain for the press, it just spells misery for all involved.
Given his relationship with the press I would love to see Torts dunk on Lazerus every post game sign me up

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
FCADFNbXsAEQbHd

I can't believe this our head coach lmao

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Oh give me a break.

Toews is a pro, he's not going to call the coach an idiot to the press. He knows better than that.

It is a bad sign that a mouthpiece like Laz is writing stuff like that though because to me it implies Colliton is in a somewhat safe position.

Blackhawks media has always been lacking in substance but ever since about 2017/2018 it seems like it’s been devolving into a controlled narrative.

That Toews quote reads like a forced statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad