Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
The point is allowing the FO to properly evaluate the roster. It's a point A to B hire.

It's the same logic with the Bears hiring John Fox and putting together a good coaching staff after Trestman.

I think that would be a big mistake and losing one more of the prime years with Toews and Kane.

Reactions: Giovi

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I've seen enough of Colliton.

I like Torts but I don't want Patrick Kane and Toews blocking shots like madmen. Torts would be my choice but he's a very defensive coach. Maybe he would loosen up?

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I watched them a couple times so far and he looks very solid. It’s early but he looks more like the bubble Keith and less like the guy we have seen with lapses the past few years

Keith was playing ~25 minutes a game for the Hawks.

He hasn’t been that caliber player in quite some time. Nor has he been a player that you put out on the power play (as he often was with the Hawks).

I had no doubt that he would make a great 4th or 5th D on a good team. That’s where I feel he should be. Not a #1 any more. 2015 playoff Keith was the last time he could be considered a bonafide #1 d-man, IMO.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

needle

Apr 30, 2012
In a few month's time a playoff spot will be a distant hope. It's been 4 years out of the postseason (not counting the gifted addition to the playdowns).

Yet tickets are still miserably priced on StubHub. $250+ per ticket to sit in the 200s? Embarrassing.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Toews is a question mark and I think it is unlikely he gets back to peak performance; but you can absolutely win with Kane. He hasn’t fallen off and while the wrist injury may still be a concern he was still over a PPG last year dealing with it. Every year we see him take games off. I wouldn’t be worried by it unless it bleeds into the 10-15 game mark.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
It’s past time to officially put this rationale to bed. Keith is gone and we haven’t had a prime Toews for years. We need a decent coach just to properly assess what exactly the Blackhawks are.

We need a good coach. Why would we bring in someone just for the purposes of evaluating our roster? For a limited time no leas like KBS is suggesting. I've never heard this before.

This has been three games. We are talking about a three game sample size with regard to the roster (not JC). Kane hasn't forgotten how to play hockey and Toews isn't some 4th liner who's about to retire.

I'm not saying to jeopardize the future of the roster for their sake but it would be beyond idiotic to disregard the fact you have two players of their caliber still.

Find the correct coach. A good one, not someone thats shown a limited ceiling multiple times and the same issues everywhere.

Wasting a year or two now with some 'fine' coach just so we see who we have is just desperation coz we didnt start the season well. The expectations don't change with a new coach.

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad