Fire Colliton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Meanwhile, my interest would center around reaching out to Hossa to see if he'd be interested. Instantly respected in the locker room, knows the organization, and was previously highlighted by Q as a player that he thought would be a future coach.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Meanwhile, my interest would center around reaching out to Hossa to see if he'd be interested. Instantly respected in the locker room, knows the organization, and was previously highlighted by Q as a player that he thought would be a future coach.
You'd be setting him up for failure if you didn't bring him in as an assistant first to get a feel for the job.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Any over/under on the amount of games that pass before either the Captain, Kaner, or Flower call him out publicly?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
It’s very comparable to when Krause groomed and hired that guy out of Iowa State to replace a hall of fame coach, and everyone could see the Iowa state guy sucked (can’t remember his name), but Krause’s ego let the guy flounder for two years past the point where everyone else could clearly see the writing on the wall.
Tim Floyd.

Yes, the similarities are troubling.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Whether this is support for JC or not is for readers to decide for themselves. This is the chronology.

2015 Cup win all is great
2016 1st round bounce out, Cup hangover? Good regular season
2017 Great regular season SWEPT 1st round. Wheels begin to come off club.
2018 Lousy season, no playoffs
2019 Q ousted, JC comes in. Vets don't like it and pout.

Captain goes MIA, has he bought in completely yet? Who knows

So, here we are, a middling team (JC is .500) with middling players plus Patrick Kane.

Yes, it's ugly at times, frustrating for sure and sometimes some pretty good games.
This is what middling looks like.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Whether this is support for JC or not is for readers to decide for themselves. This is the chronology.

2015 Cup win all is great
2016 1st round bounce out, Cup hangover? Good regular season
2017 Great regular season SWEPT 1st round. Wheels begin to come off club.
2018 Lousy season, no playoffs
2019 Q ousted, JC comes in. Vets don't like it and pout.

Captain goes MIA, has he bought in completely yet? Who knows

So, here we are, a middling team (JC is .500) with middling players plus Patrick Kane.

Yes, it's ugly at times, frustrating for sure and sometimes some pretty good games.
This is what middling looks like.
I didn't know MA Fleury, Seth Jones, and Alex Debrincat were middling players.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
You'd be setting him up for failure if you didn't bring him in as an assistant first to get a feel for the job.
I agree. And as a long-time Hawks fan, I am so sick of the Hawks bringing back ex-players as coaches. That is so Bill Wirtz era thinking. Savard, Yawney, Graham, etc. Darryl Sutter was the only one who wasn't terrible.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Regardless of whether Stan thinks it’s not the coach, he’s going to have to something quick before this season is gone. What’s left for him to do? You can’t bring in different players so coaching and management are the only things left that can be changed during the season.

There seem to be big problems across the organization - coaching, management, (pro)scouting. How many times do you keep reworking the roster before it’s time to face the facts there are other problems?

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
This team is not constructed favorably for a successful run with Torts. And given his confrontational stance with media, I don't see him as a good fit for the media friendly Hawks.

That, and he's just an asshole.
Yeah, but he'd be OUR asshole!

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I didn't know MA Fleury, Seth Jones, and Alex Debrincat were middling players.

Fleury's been here how long? Oh yeah 3 games.

Jones, I like but he's not a consensus elite defenseman.

Debrincat is certainly a rising star, so 2 guys who are studs. Not enough.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Colliton is a big part of the problem but who would win with these guys on the ice? It looks like a game of pinball out there, these guys can’t pass or be in the right spot to save their lives, team speed is noticeably horrendous, it looks like we are in slow mo while the other teams are flying around. Toews seems uninterested and I can’t blame him, I wouldn’t be too interested playing with half of the team filled with AHLers. People were saying it was good to move Panarin and how we would lose him anyway, well we have Connolly, Johnson, Shaw, all doing nothing, that would pretty much cover Panarin’s cap. Now if Stan can trade those guys for Panarin people would think he’s a God, well he had him and lost him. We were robbed of many years of Kane and Panarin mind blowing hockey because of this beloved GM.
I don't know what Connolly and Johnson have to do with not being able to sign Panarin? They weren't even on the Hawks in 2019. The biggest reason the Hawks didn't have the cap space to retain Panarin is Seabrook and Toews. Seabrook for obvious reasons and Toews because he should have a cap hit like Bergeron's at about $6.9M, not $10.5M.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I can only imagine the reason he's still here is ego. At no point since coming in has he shown the ability to overachieve and when he came in his whole RFD/overseas results were touted as if they'd translate to the NHL.

They haven't, for years now, a 3 game leash to start the season is all he deserved in the first place IMO. Horrendous lack of collective focus/chemistry/effort from his guys on the ice, I don't care about blaming the individuals at this point.

It was a ballsy move, it didn't work, real leadership cops to failure and tries to fix things. He should be fired today, worry about the front office in the offseason but the guys on the ice need a change right now.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Everyone post your coaching wishlist, in ranked choice order.
Mine:
1. Torts
2. Julien
3. Boudreau

What is the point of retreads exactly? You guys will just be calling for his name in 1.5 years anyway when their issues - which have followed them their whole career- come up here as well.

I'd want someone new, but not young and inexperienced. Not coz JC was a bad risk, but because two in a row doesn't work with the players if the first fails.

Lane Lambert, Kirk Muller, Pascal Vincent, these types. Next in line coaches who have the experience and are well thought of around the league.

Reactions: Giovi and d rake

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What is the point of retreads exactly? You guys will just be calling for his name in 1.5 years anyway when their issues - which have followed them their whole career- come up here as well.

I'd want someone new, but not young and inexperienced. Not coz JC was a bad risk, but because two in a row doesn't work with the players if the first fails.

Lane Lambert, Kirk Muller, Pascal Vincent, these types. Next in line coaches who have the experience and are well thought of around the league.
The point is allowing the FO to properly evaluate the roster. It's a point A to B hire.

It's the same logic with the Bears hiring John Fox and putting together a good coaching staff after Trestman.

They'll only be there for 2-3 years while the roster stabilizes and proper evaluation can occur.

When there's a coach that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, then the biggest thing is re-establishing competence.

Reactions: Fortyfives
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad