Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is a common misconception that the 2022 draft was a weak draft. It was obviously weak at the top but it was one of the deepest drafts ever as there was legitimate 1st round talent available into the 3rd round. It was a great year to have multiple 1st, 2nd 3rd picks, just not a great year to pick 1st overall.

The public narrative as always is driven by the shiniest toys but the greater truth is almost always lost to the laymen.
The year Makar and Petersson were drafted was considered a weak draft if I recall

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's luckily still capable of lighting up next season and bringing back hope for being a potential top 6 guy. We can then chalk this season up to going to a new country, smaller ice, etc

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So, the Management made a good decision to send him to OHL this season, and not to AHL. Kulich is doing fine in AHL; I wonder if we made a bad pick here.

only time will tell. I have not been impressed with how the new management has handled development, despite it clearly being better under this group then the previous which of course I considered the worst I have ever seen so it's not too hard to be considered better then that.

Did they make the right call with picking Slaf, Mesar, we'll see, as I felt at the time that if say the pick was Cooley, that I don't think we pick Mesar although of course I could easily be wrong and I would think it would be close as clearly they value him highly and I can see why.

I was very much against him going to Laval, to me I wonder if at first or to some degree he pouted that he wasn't in the AHL as I have seen a mixed bag from him where he's impressed me a good bit and also shown some red flags.

Reactions: ReHabs

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I don't understand why this prospect is held in such high regard. He's very talented but maybe we should have drafted Kulich instead.
You could say that about every pick Montreal has made in the last 30 years. It's moot, at best.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This could end up being an all-time disaster, if Habs fail with Slafkovsky (one couldn't imagine worse start than he had) and they spent extra first round pick to bring his friend along who has been disappointing so far.
You're right. I'm already trying to find the knife I will slit my wrists with. An all-time disaster, I say!

Get real.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Ok ill give you that, Slovakia is a garbage league... cool. So where did he learn all his skills? Why is he able to dominate 4 guys at once with the puck ? He literally cake walks the offensive zone.

4va 1

Nice highlight reel. Luckily, when you're a PPG player, it's not just four or five plays on your reel. ;)

I think Mesar is playing well and, yes, when he skates, his offense is hard to snuff out.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
You're right. I'm already trying to find the knife I will slit my wrists with. An all-time disaster, I say!

Get real.
Let's see what happens next two seasons. If my doomsday scenario is on point, we drive down the cliff hand in hand like Thelma and Louise.

Reactions: Scriptor

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice highlight reel. Luckily, when you're a PPG player, it's not just four or five plays on your reel. ;)

I think Mesar is playing well and, yes, when he skates, his offense is hard to snuff out.
Elite skills who will put it together. Not concerned about this kid

Alexandre Magny

Apr 27, 2019
Mesar déçoit offensivement après des débuts fracassants. J'espère qu'on le laissera dans la OHL l'an prochain avoir un long calendrier et espérer le voir exploser offensivement.

Reactions: Kojo

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Somebody needs to tell me that we won't regret Kulich....calisse....

For whoever thought I had something against Timmins...be ready...'cause you're about to realize that it wasn't personal....
For me, I just hope they picked Mesar ignoring fact he's Slovakian and truly believed he's better. Because it would really suck if they had both close but chose Mesar due to drafting Slafkovsky.

Reactions: 26Mats

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Somebody needs to tell me that we won't regret Kulich....calisse....

For whoever thought I had something against Timmins...be ready...'cause you're about to realize that it wasn't personal....
We might have missed it but at the 25th spot its not as obvious or damaging as missing some 3rd overall pick. We might have missed Mesar and Beck but if we hit on Hutson and Engstrom (which its looking like), we will still have beat the odds.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Kitchener probably not lasting long in the playoffs, can Mesar join Laval?

Yes he can.

Any player already signed to an ELC can join the AHL team for the rest of the season/playoffs.

Mesar, Roy, Kidney, Mailloux, Beck & Heineman can all join Laval after their respective seasons/playoff runs end.

Any player not signed, can't. Hence why Farrell and Struble wouldn't be eligible (who are both expected to be signed).

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes he can.

Any player already signed to an ELC can join the AHL team for the rest of the season/playoffs.

Mesar, Roy, Kidney, Mailloux, Beck & Heineman can all join Laval after their respective seasons/playoff runs end.

Any player not signed, can't. Hence why Farrell and Struble wouldn't be eligible (who are both expected to be signed).

Man, I can't wait to follow Laval at the end of the year: Mesar, Roy, Kidney, Mailloux, Beck & Heineman.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
So, the Management made a good decision to send him to OHL this season, and not to AHL. Kulich is doing fine in AHL; I wonder if we made a bad pick here.
Or they made a bad decision and he may have excelled in the AHL.

I actually said this before he was sent down. That he would have performed better in the AHL than the OHL.

He was used to professional, more physical men's hockey. To go back to junior hockey is a big adaption.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Man, I can't wait to follow Laval at the end of the year: Mesar, Roy, Kidney, Mailloux, Beck & Heineman.

I do want to add in Farrell's and Struble's cases, that if they are signed to their ELCs for next year and are signed to AHL deals to finish this year, I believe they'd be eligible for Laval playoffs.

Although I don't see them do that.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Or they made a bad decision and he may have excelled in the AHL.

I actually said this before he was sent down. That he would have performed better in the AHL than the OHL.

He was used to professional, more physical men's hockey. To go back to junior hockey is a big adaption.
No way, the AHL is full of CHL guys more mature physically who already had their successfull junior career. If Mesar doesnt scores that much in the OHL against tiny kid, he won’t be better in the AHL. Look Mysak, he is just trying to survive in the AHL after his OHL career.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I do want to add in Farrell's and Struble's cases, that if they are signed to their ELCs for next year and are signed to AHL deals to finish this year, I believe they'd be eligible for Laval playoffs.

Although I don't see them do that.
Seems like it would be beneficial for both players to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad