Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
what were you expecting from a late first in a poor draft year? 200 pts ?

I'm with you
This bad draft year is an echo from Bergevin era and the mindset he brought along. It's a build-in excuse for failure. I'm not expecting Canadiens hitting homeruns and building the best prospect base in the league. But I'm not going to roll with these "Slafkovsky could be Josh Anderson 1.5 aka super-solid middle-six secondary scoring machine" and setting the level of expectation so low that it's not concerning when late first rounder can only play in kids league.

What's really concerning though is Canadiens capability as an organization to get a grip of prospects that are facing an uphill battle.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
This bad draft year is an echo from Bergevin era and the mindset he brought along. It's a build-in excuse for failure. I'm not expecting Canadiens hitting homeruns and building the best prospect base in the league. But I'm not going to roll with these "Slafkovsky could be Josh Anderson 1.5 aka super-solid middle-six secondary scoring machine" and setting the level of expectation so low that it's not concerning when late first rounder can only play in kids league.

What's really concerning though is Canadiens capability as an organization to get a grip of prospects that are facing an uphill battle.

Yeah but you're whining about management right now, this is a Mesar thread. YOu obviously dont watch him so why even bother throwing toxicity in here?

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Yeah but you're whining about management right now, this is a Mesar thread. YOu obviously dont watch him so why even bother throwing toxicity in here?
Person throwing a macho-esque temper tantrum talking about toxicity. Buy a mirror. Management is an essential part of Mesar's story. Just because I bring it along as part of the picture doesn't mean conversation is off the rails.

Reactions: ReHabs

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Mesar's teammates are completly useless...

Mesar is feeding them golden opportunities they simply cant score.

Ranger's 2 golden opportunities in the third all came from Mesar. Both times Mesar's teammates were on the lower slot in front of the net, the second one was a wide open net.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
what were you expecting from a late first in a poor draft year? 200 pts ?

I'm with you

There is a common misconception that the 2022 draft was a weak draft. It was obviously weak at the top but it was one of the deepest drafts ever as there was legitimate 1st round talent available into the 3rd round. It was a great year to have multiple 1st, 2nd 3rd picks, just not a great year to pick 1st overall.

The public narrative as always is driven by the shiniest toys but the greater truth is almost always lost to the laymen.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
3rd straight pass to the front of the net for Mesar this third period... rangers cant score for shit

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
There is a common misconception that the 2022 draft was a weak draft. It was obviously weak at the top but it was one of the deepest drafts ever as there was legitimate 1st round talent available into the 3rd round. It was a great year to have multiple 1st, 2nd 3rd picks, just not a great year to pick 1st overall.

The public narrative as always is driven by the shiniest toys but the greater truth is almost always lost to the laymen.
Also only 8 months have passed since that 2022 draft and only one player from it has played more than 8 games in the NHL. It will be a long time before we can truly assess the strength of the 2022 draft.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Also only 8 months have passed since that 2022 draft and only one player from it has played more than 8 games in the NHL. It will be a long time before we can truly assess the strength of the 2022 draft.

Absolutely, I was referring to the depth at the time of the draft as it had been a long time since I had witnessed so many good prospects available late into the second round and even creeping into the 3rd. With guys like Hutson, Sykora, Goyette, Odelius and Nelson who all could have been late 1st rounders still there at the end of the 2nd round and Nelson slipping to an early 3rd slot it was just shocking how many really good prospects were still available. This is why we have such a great looking group from that draft.

They could all very well be sh*****s in five years but at the time of rhe draft it was definitely deep.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
i watched the third. he was lights out the best player out there by far... he generated 3 juicy opportunities for his teammates just in the third.
I watched the third as well and you are right. He could have had 4 points in that period. Obviously, there is some issue- the team, his motivation, inconsistency... With his skills his stats should be better.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I watched the third as well and you are right. He could have had 4 points in that period. Obviously, there is some issue- the team, his motivation, inconsistency... With his skills his stats should be better.

did you miss the 3 passes he gave his teammates who were in front of the net?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Still in here complaining about Mesar but don't actually watch Kitchener and have no clue what's happening there?!?!

Ok, cool.

For real man and some people are making theories based off the stats alone. The guy could be creating 10 golden opportunities a day no one would know that his teammates are just too slow or not good enough to score.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
did you miss the 3 passes he gave his teammates who were in front of the net?
I meant overall in the season. If he was able to create 3 scoring chances and have 2 other great shots in just one period, there must be some other issue why he is 1 ppg.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mesar will be who he will be and it's up to him to train and work hard to be prepared to play against men. The skating/skill/vision is there so it's all going to come down to his ability to overcome the development challenges.

Wondering what fans think now? With the send him to AHL to dominate narrative? Not like I think it was a bad plan but would they change their approach knowing what you know today?

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Mesar will be who he will be and it's up to him to train and work hard to be prepared to play against men. The skating/skill/vision is there so it's all going to come down to his ability to overcome the development challenges.

Wondering what fans think now? With the send him to AHL to dominate narrative? Not like I think it was a bad plan but would they change their approach knowing what you know today?
I don't think any fans thought he'd dominate the AHL this season. We just thought it was better for his development.

Reactions: Bombshell11

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
So, the Management made a good decision to send him to OHL this season, and not to AHL. Kulich is doing fine in AHL; I wonder if we made a bad pick here.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So, the Management made a good decision to send him to OHL this season, and not to AHL. Kulich is doing fine in AHL; I wonder if we made a bad pick here.

Lot of people wondered that about Pacioretty when Perron made the NHL first.

It does not matter where people are now, it matters where they end up.

Kulich could continue to progress and be the far and away better player, or he could simply stagnate and be what he is.

It's way too early to tell.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

:facepalm: im tired of this bs from casuals who dont watch him

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I meant overall in the season. If he was able to create 3 scoring chances and have 2 other great shots in just one period, there must be some other issue why he is 1 ppg.

His shot is dog shit, he's not going to be a sniper with it in the NHL right now, its up to him to develop it, he's accurate, he's missing some power to it...His playmaking and passes though are just simply too good for the OHL. He's too fast, too quick, he process things way faster than his teammates. Even Pinelli cant keep up. That is bad for his developement,,, we dont want him to slow down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad