Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
it's not hard at all to see why they picked him, he's got elite skating, mobility, speed, just effortless skater. Very good playmaker. Still need to see a lot more of him though.
Ramage is really high on Mesar.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Kitchener loaded up at trade deadline but should have sold. Mesas is talented and you can see it in his play. Rangers coaching staff is brutal from the games I have watched vs my London Knights + what I get on OHL TV. I watch that more than NHL.
Sounds like a dumpy environment. Hopefully environment is the toughest thing he's dealing with right now, because next year spending more time in MTL and Laval will fix that.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I'm not negative.

I'm just wondering about his production. He's really not producing at a D+1 rate in the CHL. I understand that there is an adaptation factor to it, but still...

I also was answering to the poster who basically said that once he saw that the league was too easy for him, he began picking up bad habits and basically underplayed from what his potential really is.

To that my response was : If it really is the case, it's a big character flaw and it shows a lot more things than we think. Those are not positive think.

If you are telling me he works really hard and still produce only at the pace he is now, it also is worrying because production wise, he seems to miss something for the moment and the trip in that league is actually a good thing.
People mature at different times. Honestly if that is why he is struggling I feel much better about him as a prospect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Coach has been fired. He was disliked by many players. Usually when you see this happen, the team starts to play a little more loose. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mesar open up a bit more.

curious as to why it took this long, if the things I heard are true about him being a terrible coach, etc...

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I love your humour, but he's just surprised you're comparing Mesar to Bedard.

Its fine, we'll see how he does with the new coach, i'm expecting him to have a strong game he seems to be jelling better in his new environment

curious as to why it took this long, if the things I heard are true about him being a terrible coach, etc...

Hard to do any worst than dump and chase

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Its fine, we'll see how he does with the new coach, i'm expecting him to have a strong game he seems to be jelling better in his new environment

Last WJC Mesar had 6 points and Bebard 23! Mesar played 2 less games, but do you honestly believe he would have the same impact had he played on team Canada? Bedard is also a year younger. You're comparing a second line player to a generational talent.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
A few reasons come to mind. New coach with a 3 year contract, you'll have to float that salary. MacKenzie and Dennis became friends at some point, so it's difficult to fire a guy you spent 3 years trying to recruit. We'll never hear the answers though.

Glad it's done. Last time MacKenzie relieved a coach, he let the players "have fun and do what you want". They went 35-6. Only 21 games left this year so we'll see what team shows up. The skill is there.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Probably because there is more than a coaching prob? If you fire the coach too early and the new one cant do shit either with what he has to work with, GM is next in line. I really dislike how this team is built and Mesar doesnt fit there at all. Hopefully Im wrong and the new coach can fix that ugly show, but Im not overly optimisic personally.

A few reasons come to mind. New coach with a 3 year contract, you'll have to float that salary. MacKenzie and Dennis became friends at some point, so it's difficult to fire a guy you spent 3 years trying to recruit. We'll never hear the answers though.

Glad it's done. Last time MacKenzie relieved a coach, he let the players "have fun and do what you want". They went 35-6. Only 21 games left this year so we'll see what team shows up. The skill is there.
Not the IQ.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Last WJC Mesar had 6 points and Bebard 23! Mesar played 2 less games, but do you honestly believe he would have the same impact had he played on team Canada? Bedard is also a year younger. You're comparing a second line player to a generational talent.

Are you ok?

I said he looked like bedard in the game vs London.... what is this nonsense about comparing these 2 players?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Are you ok?

I said he looked like bedard in the game vs London.... what is this nonsense about comparing these 2 players?

Fine if you put it that way. Keep believing, Mesar is very young and talented and had to learn on the fly. He might not have burned the league but really his progression is way more important than his production at this point.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Fine if you put it that way. Keep believing, Mesar is very young and talented and had to learn on the fly. He might not have burned the league but really his progression is way more important than his production at this point.
Bit of a man crush going on there. :naughty:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad