Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Funny that on the Kitchener Rangers HF board,not a peep about Mesar .
He played great 👍 our local boy Sop got a hattrick along with Rehkopf. Coach fired in the morning. Lots of story lines to comment on. He was flying out there last night. The whole team had a swagger we haven't seen since the 19/20 season. Obviously that line will stay together tonight. Hopefully they keep on rolling.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Of course he is, always been, even at 13 years old.

But you watch mesar and think he looks like bedard so… i will let you keep dreaming.
13 years old does not count. It is impossible to compare a Slaf with a Mesar in Junior. Size makes it super easy for Slaf to dominate in his age class. Slaf also has a better shot than Mesar, but Mesar playmaking and IQ are superior. I would also Say that Slaf was better than Mesar defensively (I have not seen Mesar play this year)
I don't think Mesar is Bedard but the gap with Slaf is not as Big as you think.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Mesar has sucked all year and is barely ppg in the ohl after a few good games. Slaf would have destroyed the ohl if he played there this year.

Nice Bait

He now has 34 pts in 32 games BTW

Perhaps Slaf would have done better in the OHL, who knows... however its one thing to dominate out of physicality and another through skill and speed. Mesar has proven he can translate his game in the NHL againts men. So your take is bs. Slaf we have the proof the game is too fast for him.

Mesar is 2,3 levels ahead of Slaf in terms of hockey.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Nice Bait

Perhaps Slaf would have done better in the OHL, who knows... however its one thing to dominate out of physicality and another through skill and speed. Mesar has proven he can translate his game in the NHL againts men. So your take is bs. Slaf we have the proof the game is too fast for him.

Mesar hasn’t proven anything in the NHL, he never played an NHL game.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
He can skate like the wind but a slight breeze can disrupt his whole game. He's going to learn through adversity and in a couple of years he could be a legit top prospect.

I'll come back in a few years to tell you if you're a genius or if you misled me !

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Sense

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I hope you're right about is ceiling being higher

he's hands down the most offensively productive player of the rangers, he gets 3-4 opportunities to his teammates every night and another 2-3 for himself. He does this consistently against any team. He did it yesterday and against London.

When you look at their games there's always one player that shines that does something exciting and its Mesar. He easily can become a 90 pts producer in the NHL, but for that he needs to develop his shot and a bit of strength, everything else he's more than ready for.

the only people who are under-evaluating him are the ones who don't watch him.

Mesar hasn’t proven anything in the NHL, he never played an NHL game.

hello? he played pre-season games... he was better than Slaf in those few games.

you don't know what you're talking about and your takes are baseless, its pathetic

Reactions: 70Stang

70Stang

Feb 21, 2008
Real good discussion, way to early however the toolbox it there. Lets see how the Habs develop him and how bad he really wants it. As for Slaf as much as I like him he needs to play more pissed off controlled hockey. I saw that a couple of times and he was actually engaged in the game. He gets a pass for this year but Cooley is looking like the best piece from last years draft currently. Time will tell on all these guys. For all we know it could be a ongoing 5+ year rebuild. Its been 30 years since they had any top 10 elite talent. Once upon a time we owned the top 10. Long road ahead to be a legit cup contender year after year. Will players take the team approach like Boston and take a few less $$ in pursuit of the cup? I'm not so sure about that. Look at Gallagher the so called captain of the future etc who wanted to break the bank, 6.5M for him is so stupid. I really hope the entire culture of this team is changing for the better. It sure feels like it is however that means shit until we see the product on the ice. Lots of heavy lifting left for all the prospects and management. Lots of changes coming.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Real good discussion, way to early however the toolbox it there. Lets see how the Habs develop him and how bad he really wants it. As for Slaf as much as I like him he needs to play more pissed off controlled hockey. I saw that a couple of times and he was actually engaged in the game. He gets a pass for this year but Cooley is looking like the best piece from last years draft currently. Time will tell on all these guys. For all we know it could be a ongoing 5+ year rebuild. Its been 30 years since they had any top 10 elite talent. Once upon a time we owned the top 10. Long road ahead to be a legit cup contender year after year. Will players take the team approach like Boston and take a few less $$ in pursuit of the cup? I'm not so sure about that. Look at Gallagher the so called captain of the future etc who wanted to break the bank, 6.5M for him is so stupid. I really hope the entire culture of this team is changing for the better. It sure feels like it is however that means shit until we see the product on the ice. Lots of heavy lifting left for all the prospects and management. Lots of changes coming.

Caufield’s contract will be telling to know where we’re heading

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
he's hands down the most offensively productive player of the rangers, he gets 3-4 opportunities to his teammates every night and another 2-3 for himself. He does this consistently against any team. He did it yesterday and against London.

When you look at their games there's always one player that shines that does something exciting and its Mesar. He easily can become a 90 pts producer in the NHL, but for that he needs to develop his shot and a bit of strength, everything else he's more than ready for.

the only people who are under-evaluating him are the ones who don't watch him.

hello? he played pre-season games... he was better than Slaf in those few games.

you don't know what you're talking about and your takes are baseless, its pathetic
Pre-season games are not real NHL games.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Nice Bait

I'm starting to buy what you're selling. His penalty shot goal was fun to watch. You can tell how fast he processes things and he's got the hands to keep up with his brain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad