Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Mesar is not making the Habs roster next year. Habs have to start filtering in guys into Laval. Two guys I see potentially cracking the Habs roster next year are Heineman and Farrell
Heineman should definitely be mature enough for NHL games. He'll have played a few seasons in a Man League that preaches defensive awareness. He'll already be developed as a two-way winger.

His defensive play should enable him to earn enough TOI to start making a name for himself.

His speed and general hockey IQ should lead to some turnovers and counter-attacks.

Farrell, I don't know enough about, buy having shown he can play in a bottom-6 role against men and on the PK should enable him to have a crack at sticking in Montreal. Of course, unless he signs with Montreal and plays professional hockey next season, he won't be able to come to training camp.

Will his NCAA days be behind him?

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I thought he looked soft against better players and shied away from contact. He took advantage against slower defenseman, but I found him avoiding contact and almost being a perimeter player. He seemed to play at a higher level when the game is on the line.

His legs need to get stronger and I'm glad he's getting a ton of games playing junior hockey. I hope he's there next year too.
General consensus is he will play in Laval, at worst, next year. Probably what Montreal management gave him as an impression to convince him to go play in the OHL.

I feel like core strength is easier to get than tree trunk legs. Hopefully he has a great trainer and routine for core strength development in Kitchener.
Legs are easier to build up.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Heineman should definitely be mature enough for NHL games. He'll have played a few seasons in a Man League that preaches defensive awareness. He'll already be developed as a two-way winger.

His defensive play should enable him to earn enough TOI to start making a name for himself.

His speed and general hockey IQ should lead to some turnovers and counter-attacks.

Farrell, I don't know enough about, buy having shown he can play in a bottom-6 role against men and on the PK should enable him to have a crack at sticking in Montreal. Of course, unless he signs with Montreal and plays professional hockey next season, he won't be able to come to training camp.

Yes, i think he’ll sign at the end of his season and play the last 10-15 games of the season with the habs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Yeah Kulich is very good, but Mesar will be a fantastic player to watch at NHL level. He have all tools to become a top 6 player. We speak about Roy and Farrell, but Mesar is talented, great hockey IQ, great hands, good two-way ability and he have good work ethic. Great tournanement from him!

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Yeah Kulich is very good, but Mesar will be a fantastic player to watch at NHL level. He have all tools to become a top 6 player. We speak about Roy and Farrell, but Mesar is talented, great hockey IQ, great hands, good two-way ability and he have good work ethic. Great tournanement from him!

... he puts himself out of the play sometimes for no reason when he doesn't have the puck.

I hope kitchener's coach dint confuse him up

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Totally agree with Heineman. Skating/Size/Shot and maturity over most of the other prospects.

Not sure with Farrell. Smaller type but has played with the US at the Olympics and WC. He's more on the mature side over other prospects as well but not sure if he starts AHL or NHL. Will depend at lot at what he does in camp

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
General consensus is he will play in Laval, at worst, next year. Probably what Montreal management gave him as an impression to convince him to go play in the OHL.
I'm confused, Mesar is 178cm and 79kg... aren't there roaming bands of orcs in the AHL who's only motivation in life is to destroy Habs prospects? I'm genuinely concerned, are we sure Mesar can survive in the AHL?

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I'm confused, Mesar is 178cm and 79kg... aren't there roaming bands of orcs in the AHL who's only motivation in life is to destroy Habs prospects? I'm genuinely concerned, are we sure Mesar can survive in the AHL?
An argument that needs to die. The scary spooky AHL, how pathetic. Who made that up? It's clearly a fabrication that stuck in some people's minds and became their truth.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
An argument that needs to die. The scary spooky AHL, how pathetic. Who made that up? It's clearly a fabrication that stuck in some people's minds and became their truth.
Please refer to the earlier Slafkovsky threads, there were many who said the AHL was dangerous for 191cm 98kg Slafkovsky because of the head-hunting goons (orcs, as I call them). I'm not going to pick fights and disagree -- I don't watch non-NHL hockey and don't follow any prospects -- but if those orcs exist, and in the numbers alleged, then surely it's a risk to have Joshua Roy or Filip Mesar in the AHL next year.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Please refer to the earlier Slafkovsky threads, there were many who said the AHL was dangerous for 191cm 98kg Slafkovsky because of the head-hunting goons (orcs, as I call them). I'm not going to pick fights and disagree -- I don't watch non-NHL hockey and don't follow any prospects -- but if those orcs exist, and in the numbers alleged, then surely it's a risk to have Joshua Roy or Filip Mesar in the AHL next year.
It's complete nonsense is what it is. The AHL is slower and safer. Period. That goes for midgets and tall players alike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad