Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I kid you not, on the tying goal I was like "who the Hell is this number 10 playing for the Slovacs? This kid is amazing!". Then I looked at his name "Mesar" and was like "umm this name is familar. Is he OUR Mesar?". lol

Yes! Yes! It's our Mesar.
Mesar ended his tournament with the same pts total as Shane Wright has right now and 1 pts short from Kulich. They almost eliminated TC as well so I would say that was overall a very good tournament for him. Hopefully Kitchener will be more competitive for the rest of the season.

Kulich & Wright are both surrounded by much better players too. Wright didn't do much playing with Bedard.

It was a good tournament for Mesar.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Mesar ended his tournament with the same pts total as Shane Wright has right now and 1 pt short from Kulich. They almost eliminated TC as well so I would say that was overall a very good tournament for him. Hopefully Kitchener will be more competitive for the rest of the season.
Their goalie must be good. Guve up 56 shots, tie Canada 3-3 regulation.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I also hope Ylonen is prioritized over a vet like Hoffman and even Armia.

Ylonen has to show ability in the NHL to be prioritized over others. I'm sure he gets in a few games after the deadline this year. So the ownness is on him to perform well with his opportunity.

It's sad looking at the AHL box scores and only caring about Ylonen and Barron.

We do have a deep pool but it appears we are in a spot where there is a gap or black hole in terms of AHL talent. It should change in the years to come.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
True, but so many young D made it early and skipped Laval. And Timmins really only knew how to draft Dmen...Hopefully Simoneau surprises!

Habs need a better mix of AHL vets and Prospects in development who work through the development challenges together while the AHL vets help with maturity.

I don't like what I see in Laval this year and I kind of seen the issue this summer. Didn't expect it to be this bad though.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I thought he looked soft against better players and shied away from contact. He took advantage against slower defenseman, but I found him avoiding contact and almost being a perimeter player. He seemed to play at a higher level when the game is on the line.

His legs need to get stronger and I'm glad he's getting a ton of games playing junior hockey. I hope he's there next year too.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs need a better mix of AHL vets and Prospects in development who work through the development challenges together while the AHL vets help with maturity.

I don't like what I see in Laval this year and I kind of seen the issue this summer. Didn't expect it to be this bad though.
A hodgepodge of vets that don't mesh whatsover.

It's sad looking at the AHL box scores and only caring about Ylonen and Barron.
Ylonen who I am a fan of is 23 and his window at an NHL career is closing.
Too bad so many useless vets are taking roster spots because he needs a long look this season.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Next year should be better at forward with Roy and Simoneau, and maybe Kidney makes strides with his skating. Then there's Davidson, Tuch, and ... Mesar.

Goalie could have been a bright spot if Primeau had excelled. Maybe he's back in Laval next year as his contract scares teams away from taking him on waivers.

On D: Fairbrother, Baron (?), Struble, Beaudin, Trudeau, Norlinder, Tourigny(?) isn't bad. And will a big fish like Mailloux play in Laval next year???

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I thought he looked soft against better players and shied away from contact. He took advantage against slower defenseman, but I found him avoiding contact and almost being a perimeter player. He seemed to play at a higher level when the game is on the line.

His legs need to get stronger and I'm glad he's getting a ton of games playing junior hockey. I hope he's there next year too.
Not saying there isn’t room for improvement, but …
1672761562265.png

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Mesar was very good this tournament. A couple of other guys that stood out to me were Gajan and Repcik. I was trying to find out who drafted them and saw they were both available, Repcik wasn’t even drafted last year. Two more Slovak’s I could see Habs adding at the draft.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mesar was very good this tournament. A couple of other guys that stood out to me were Gajan and Repcik. I was trying to find out who drafted them and saw they were both available, Repcik wasn’t even drafted last year. Two more Slovak’s I could see Habs adding at the draft.
Drafting Gajan with a 3rd round pick should be considered. Who knows what his upside is....

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
jesus, are those actually his legs in the middle?? I take that back. I'm not sure why he's so easy to knock of the puck with tree trunk legs.
You can tell even walking around he skids out all over the place looking at the holes in his shorts. Must be challenging but adversity forges character.

also he’s built like Ken and Barbie it looks like under there..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nedved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad