Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Umm, this would suggest one of two things. Possibly a combination. 1. Shit coaching in a developmental league. 2. A player that is hard to coach.
I think #1 is definitely a factor. I also some players have a slower adjustment to NA than others and he is being a bit surprised by the speed and quality. That’s not to say I don’t think he’ll adjust. He will. I didn’t see much of him last year but I suspect the big ice was a huge factor. It’d be great if the coaching helped him with tactics to adjust. How to manage the puck when a crafty pass isn’t available.

I saw a lot of posters complaining about his points per game and yes there was talk of a bust. But a lot doesn't mean everyone.
Fair enough. It’d be crazy to suggest he’s a bust. But fair criticism is perfectly fine. And I think Mesar would be the first to admit he has a ways to go. (Hughes would probably be second).

Reactions: cphabs and 26Mats

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

Rangers are buying

Good OHL goal scorer. Could fit in well with Mesar. It also gives the team more depth in the top 6. Hopefully that puts them over the edge... I'd love to see how Mesar could handle a deep run

Tbf they have some nice pieces, so the GM mus think that they only need another guy or 2 to put them over the edge. Maybe by bringing Arcuri the whole dynamic of the team changes for the better. Let's hope lol

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Good OHL goal scorer. Could fit in well with Mesar. It also gives the team more depth in the top 6. Hopefully that puts them over the edge... I'd love to see how Mesar could handle a deep run

Tbf they have some nice pieces, so the GM mus think that they only need another guy or 2 to put them over the edge. Maybe by bringing Arcuri the whole dynamic of the team changes for the better. Let's hope lol
To become a competent enough team, they would need to add a top pairing defenseman and another top 6 foward. Right now, with Arcuri alone, thats possibly a middle level team at best IMO.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They think they can still turn their season around I guess. They're 9 points out of second place in their division, with 3 games played less than the second place team, so it's not quite impossible yet. They're on a 4 win streak too, so they might build a little momentum.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
To become a competent enough team, they would need to add a top pairing defenseman and another top 6 foward. Right now, with Arcuri alone, thats possibly a middle level team at best IMO.
Yeah I know but this is hockey, a sports where even the Habs made the SCF 2 years ago lol, I guess anything can really happen. Idk about their picks and prospects, so maybe they can add another guy. Let's hope so at least

Reactions: Goldenhands

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
anything can really happen

anything can happen

Mz5CrnZ.gif

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Wow totally unexpected move from me, I thought they would sell, not buy. I guess Mesar wont be moved now, so hopefully they keep adding quality players cause Arcuri alone wont be enough.
Kitchener celebrates 60th anniversary. I do not give in such specific season.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And new country, system, new coach, new city. He's only going to get better i think

Mesar is very talented and has very good skating. How good he gets will depend on how strong he gets physically IMO.

Tatar type? He has his size today. Lets hope Mesar maintains his high level skating but gets closer to 190-200 lbs. 5'-10 / 176 lbs so 190-200 is not a far reach. Beck is 5'-11 and 190 lbs today

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I know a lot of people are asking why Kitchener is a buyer, but this is kind of what I have been saying all along. They're massively underachieving and underperforming, but they are geared to contend this year. They returned 19 players from a second round team last year and added high end NHL prospects Mesar, Brzustewicz and Hamara. Shored up the goaltending as well. His roster construction boxed them into a corner.

They'll get Martin back in January and make no mistake, he is a huge piece as arguably their top goal guy and only big body, net front guy who plays with an edge.

The huge question mark is coaching and team IQ/identity. If they can sort that out, the team on paper should be a threat to win the conference. Should all be good for Mesar.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I know a lot of people are asking why Kitchener is a buyer, but this is kind of what I have been saying all along. They're massively underachieving and underperforming, but they are geared to contend this year. They returned 19 players from a second round team last year and added high end NHL prospects Mesar, Brzustewicz and Hamara. Shored up the goaltending as well. His roster construction boxed them into a corner.

They'll get Martin back in January and make no mistake, he is a huge piece as arguably their top goal guy and only big body, net front guy who plays with an edge.

The huge question mark is coaching and team IQ/identity. If they can sort that out, the team on paper should be a threat to win the conference. Should all be good for Mesar.
Wasn't tracking any of this...good info. Thanks

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wonderful play by him on the tying goal for Slovakia. Kid is a gamer. Once he improves his lower body strength, we might have something here.

I kid you not, on the tying goal I was like "who the Hell is this number 10 playing for the Slovacs? This kid is amazing!". Then I looked at his name "Mesar" and was like "umm this name is familar. Is he OUR Mesar?". lol

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Mesar ended his tournament with the same pts total as Shane Wright has right now and 1 pt short from Kulich. They almost eliminated TC as well so I would say that was overall a very good tournament for him. Hopefully Kitchener will be more competitive for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad