Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I live in Kitchener and have watched Mesar a bunch of times now. All Rangers fans will tell you that this is 100% on the coaching this year.

Last year Mike McKenzie was the GM and coach. He did a good enough job as the coach but wanted to step away and just do the GM role. Last year the Rangers lost in the second round of the playoffs and came back with pretty much the same team. Petizian was the only real loss and he had 71 points in 68 games last year. He was also 5’6 and 165 pounds so the only thing he was good at was offence. You could include Cajan their starting goalie but he had a GAA of 3.61 and a save percentage of .901. It’s not like he stole many games for them last year.

The problem with this year is the new coach has not gotten anything out of his players. Normally player progress and get better each season. That has not been the case at all this year. The Rangers started off slow with a 1-5 start and McKenzie traded for Constantini who was Hamilton’s goalie last year who led the team to a Memorial Cup victory. All fans thought that bad start but goalie has been solidified and things will turn around. Since then the team has played slightly better but is still so inconsistent. Then a little bit after that Mesar came to Kitchener. All of the fans figured that this is what will turn everything around. He started off on fire and then has joined the rest of the team. Honestly the team just looks like they don’t care.

This was a year that Kitchener was supposed to contend. Hopefully the coach gets fired and they can turn it all around. If not the Rangers will go in massive sell off mode.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would bet money that Mesar asks management to be released to Poprad for the remainder of the season after the WJC.

At the draft, he said he doesn't want to go back to Poprad. He was open to going back to Europe, but only in Liiga or SHL.

I do think he'll be traded by Kitchener and he will be in a better situation. I secretly want him to be traded to Mississauga so he can be on Beck's wing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That would be amazing.

I want Mesar to Mississauga to play on a line with Beck.

And I want Kidney to Sherbrooke to play on a line with Roy.

And with the trend of Habs prospects playing on the same teams, I won't be surprised if one of these scenarios happens.

We had Primeau/Harris at Northeastern. Then Harris/Struble.

We had Caufield/Gorniak at Wisconsin. Now Gorniak/Smilanic.

We have Hutson/Tuch.

We have Biondi/Smith at UMD.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I just figured out he was a troll I was responding to this guy seriously for like 2 months but now the shtick is up

So i said Mesar is the next Captain of the Habs, i said they want him to play as a C, i said he's the best prospect we have.
I never said he's better than Slaf based on the stats, i always said he's better based on skills, IQ and maturity.
Mesar is top 100th in points with just 15 games with a new team, new system, different ice ring dims in a different culture.

accusing me of being that... is an insult to my inteligence and i don't take dishonest cheap attacks lightly.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
2 assists tonight, 3rd consecutive game with 2 points.

Very impressive what he's doing, with a completely new team, system, country and playing for one of the worst teams in the league.

No1 Prospect by far

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.08.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.08.26 PM.png
    386.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Natey and 26Mats

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
A couple more goals tonight. Getting going now.
To be fair, they played a worst team than them tonight, 3 of their last 4 wins against the 2 worst teams in the OHL and one against a .500 team.The game was closer than the final score showed tonight, execution still remains erratic. They almost screwed up a 4-0 lead the other night wasting numerous PP opportunities, at some point Peterborough was more dangerous on the PK than Kitchener on the PP. Still a long way to go for Kitchener to look like a decent team.

Reactions: vlady

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Another 2 goal game by Mesar today, totalling 8 points in his last 4 games and 22 points in 17 games on the season.

It seems like his confidence is back and his head is in the right place again!

Mesar's 22 points in 17 games put him at 1.29 points per game, which means if he were to continue at that pace, if he had played 24 games like Beck, he'd have 31 points. That's only 2 points less than Beck's 33.

Yet, many see Mesar as busting and Beck as far exceeding expectations...

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Mesar's 22 points in 17 games put him at 1.29 points per game, which means if he were to continue at that pace, if he had played 24 games like Beck, he'd have 31 points. That's only 2 points less than Beck's 33.

Yeah I know, many ways too look at it. We'll see when he gets here is all I know.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah I know, many ways too look at it. We'll see when he gets here is all I know.

In fact all our CHL prospects from this past draft have similar numbers:

Mesar on pace for 31 points in 24 games
Beck 33 pts in 24
Rohrer 30 in 25
Guidon 35 in 27
Davidson 29 in 20

As you say, we'll see when they get here...

Reactions: Paddy17

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

No, I would argue people that are actually watching the games see some clear distinctions. I like both kids and would love for them to both succeed. I don’t think anyone says Mesar is busting but to watch he and Beck, you’d be sleeping not to see a few more flags in Mesar’s game right now.

Beck is elite defensively so his production is a great sign. Mesar is purely an offensive winger right now so I’d expect that area of his game to be elite. Still far too many careless plays and turnovers and not using his speed enough. I attribute it to adjusting to the NA game, but no, it can’t all be blamed on playing for a team that has had a poor start. Having watched every single game of his from ice level, I can confirm definitely some of this is on him. He hasn’t Benn bad by any stretch. Just a number of repetitive things he needs to clean up before he’ll take the next step. And I think that’s fair to anyone who has watched closely.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No, I would argue people that are actually watching the games see some clear distinctions. I like both kids and would love for them to both succeed. I don’t think anyone says Mesar is busting but to watch he and Beck, you’d be sleeping not to see a few more flags in Mesar’s game right now.

Beck is elite defensively so his production is a great sign. Mesar is purely an offensive winger right now so I’d expect that area of his game to be elite. Still far too many careless plays and turnovers and not using his speed enough. I attribute it to adjusting to the NA game, but no, it can’t all be blamed on playing for a team that has had a poor start. Having watched every single game of his from ice level, I can confirm definitely some of this is on him. He hasn’t Benn bad by any stretch. Just a number of repetitive things he needs to clean up before he’ll take the next step. And I think that’s fair to anyone who has watched closely.
Umm, this would suggest one of two things. Possibly a combination. 1. Shit coaching in a developmental league. 2. A player that is hard to coach.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Mesar is producing at the same pace as Matthew Savoie, on a much worst team and linemates.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I saw a lot of posters complaining about his points per game and yes there was talk of a bust. But a lot doesn't mean everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad