Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Mesar was impressive, you can see the good and bad with him though, we'll see if he works on that or not.
He has the ability to just take over an entire shift at any moment with his speed and hands. The challenge development wise will be to get him to a point where he's not trying to do everything all by himself so much. You can see it with Kitchener at times, where he tends to be in his own bubble and he gets frustrated when the plays aren't happening or his linemates aren't on the same page.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
He has the ability to just take over an entire shift at any moment with his speed and hands. The challenge development wise will be to get him to a point where he's not trying to do everything all by himself so much. You can see it with Kitchener at times, where he tends to be in his own bubble and he gets frustrated when the plays aren't happening or his linemates aren't on the same page.
Yeah felt like he was playing a different game at times, same with Kitchener.

With the puck though he's elite

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I wasn't able to watch. Do you think this is a sign he'll be good when playing with other good players?

For example:
Cc-Suzuki-Mesar
Or
Slaf-Monahan-Mesar?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mesar was impressive, you can see the good and bad with him though, we'll see if he works on that or not.

Very skilled and smart with good skating. However, he is that type that needs excellent skating if he wants to crack the NHL. Not going to earn his way in the NHL by playing a physical game and so many of his types drown.

Get strong kid. Both physically and mentally. His skating has to be top notch.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I would think CC and Mesar on the same line would be too little size. But the things they could do with the puck...

Regular season results would be different than playoffs. We have to come to grips that there are many bigger players that skate just as well as them and when facing the top 10 teams, our little skater boys will be contained

This is why centers are so important. They take the brunt of the physical play and 200' game responsibility. We have flaws at center after Suzuki. With Monahan hurt, we clearly see the issues and ripple effects.

Suzuki. Top 2C checkmark
Dach. Could be a physical center but down the road. For now, I have him as a play making winger with size.
Dvorak. Not the type of center we need after Suzuki
Monahan. A good center after Suzuki or at 3C but we might trade him.
Dubois. Dobois fits!

Forget about Drouin hate. Dvorak has to go if we want to be contenders.

Remember when there was a trend that "size" don't matter anymore? Some still believe it :laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Regular season results would be different than playoffs. We have to come to grips that there are many bigger players that skate just as well as them and when facing the top 10 teams, our little skater boys will be contained

This is why centers are so important. They take the brunt of the physical play and 200' game responsibility. We have flaws at center after Suzuki. With Monahan hurt, we clearly see the issues and ripple effects.

Suzuki. Top 2C checkmark
Dach. Could be a physical center but down the road. For now, I have him as a play making winger with size.
Dubois. Dobois fits!

Remember when there was a trend that "size" don't matter anymore? Some still believe it :laugh:

Dubois would be nice...

The main reason I want to trade Dvorak is because I want to trade vets to help the tank. I agree Dvorak isn't the ideal C. But, imo, he's not a bad asset to have even long term, as a winger that can fill in at C if there are injuries. Always good to have depth at center, and I actually think he could put up 45 to 60 points playing wing with good offensive linemates. So if his trade value is so low now, and I think it is, I'm ok with holding onto him. But for the love of god MSL, play him with Suzuki and Caufield or on the 2nd line as a winger when Monahan gets back...that's thr only way to increase his offensive numbers and either trade him or have him contributing to his max.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
It'll be interesting to see what he does on his return to Kitchener now that the Rangers have loaded up. Once the injured and absent guys return, that is a potent lineup. And I don't think we can complain anymore about his linemates. Pinelli has been next level for the last month, so there aren't too many more potent linemates he could have in the league. And teams can't just key on those two anymore. Time for him to shine!

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Mesar and Tatar are totally different players. Mesar's speed and acceleration are at a different level.

Tatar has carved out a nice career with over 400 points. The line of Danault-Tatar-Gallagher was one of the top 5-on-5 lines in the NHL for multiple seasons.
Different style but same caliber. I remember Tatar had great WJC also.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dubois would be nice...

The main reason I want to trade Dvorak is because I want to trade vets to help the tank. I agree Dvorak isn't the ideal C. But, imo, he's not a bad asset to have even long term, as a winger that can fill in at C if there are injuries. Always good to have depth at center, and I actually think he could put up 45 to 60 points playing wing with good offensive linemates. So if his trade value is so low now, and I think it is, I'm ok with holding onto him. But for the love of god MSL, play him with Suzuki and Caufield or on the 2nd line as a winger when Monahan gets back...that's thr only way to increase his offensive numbers and either trade him or have him contributing to his max.

Dvorak's value is certainly low right now and with the expectation they will trade Monahan.. I just don't see Hughes moving Dvorak unless they got an offer they can't refuse. Which they won't.

They need to continue to rebuild Dvorak's value and have him take tough minutes from Suzuki/Dach/2023 first round pick

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dubois would be nice...

Dvorak would fit the Leafs behind Matthews and Tavares better than behind Suzuki on our team. I don't hate Dvorak but the point I'm trying to make is he won't move the needle for us. Decent guy to have during transition years? Probably

I would have more faith in Suzuki, Dubois, Monahan. Dvorak sucks at puck battles and gets overmatched in the trenches. His value is being defensive aware and on faceoffs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dvorak would fit the Leafs behind Matthews and Tavares better than behind Suzuki on our team. I don't hate Dvorak but the point I'm trying to make is he won't move the needle for us. Decent guy to have during transition years? Probably

I would have more faith in Suzuki, Dubois, Monahan. Dvorak sucks at puck battles and gets overmatched in the trenches. His value is being defensive aware and on faceoffs.

Ok, but would you be willing to trade him for a 3rd? A 2nd? I don't think he gets us a 1st at TDL even if we retain 50% this year and next year.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Suzuki. Top 2C checkmark
Dubois. Dobois fits!

Nobody “hates” Drouin. It’s the unbelievably biased mismanagement that brought him here. I honestly hope the kid finds a low key European team and tears it up. While finding a mate and enjoying life. Just my .02

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It'll be interesting to see what he does on his return to Kitchener now that the Rangers have loaded up. Once the injured and absent guys return, that is a potent lineup. And I don't think we can complain anymore about his linemates. Pinelli has been next level for the last month, so there aren't too many more potent linemates he could have in the league. And teams can't just key on those two anymore. Time for him to shine!
Offense sure did improve alot, but what do you think about their blueline? It seems weak to me, Hamara has been struggling alot both with Kitchener and at the WJC, Hunter Brzustewicz stll pretty young, do you expect them to add a key piece on the back end before the TDL?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Offense sure did improve alot, but what do you think about their blueline? It seems weak to me, Hamara has been struggling alot both with Kitchener and at the WJC, Hunter Brzustewicz stll pretty young, do you expect them to add a key piece on the back end before the TDL?
Hamara has actually been at best a 4/5 guy for them, which is actually decent. I think their big piece was adding Moore. He’s essentially an older, more experienced Brzustewicz. He’ll log big minutes in all situations. Hunter is excellent and for my money, Motew has been their most steady defensive defender. Schmidt is their top shut down guy but he’ll have to be more consistent. Andonovski has been very good and probably worthy of more minutes. So when Hollett is your #7, I actually think it’s fine. Lacks a bruiser but all six are league average or better.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nobody “hates” Drouin. It’s the unbelievably biased mismanagement that brought him here. I honestly hope the kid finds a low key European team and tears it up. While finding a mate and enjoying life. Just my .02

I think the focus around Drouin and attacks are on the side of hate mode. It didn't work out and we traded a grade A Prospect who turned into a stud on D for him. Fans will be sour on that for years.

It is what it is. Time to move on and let Drouin live in piece. Not his fault Bergevin made the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad