Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
pigeon-popcorn.gif

Reactions: Redux91

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I’m not defending the what has so far been inept coaching, but I think we need to hold on this particular narrative. He said in the post game that the officials told him he couldn’t use Mesar because he wasn’t on the ice at the time.
That would make much more sense.

Thanks for the explanation, because it would otherwise be a pretty shocking decision.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
That would make much more sense.

Thanks for the explanation, because it would otherwise be a pretty shocking decision.
Funny. Because when I was watching the game, I thought it was a rather cheeky or sly coaching move to try slipping in Mesar as the shooter as he clearly wasn’t on the ice at the time. Or maybe as he now says, it was a case of the coach simply not knowing the rules. If I was him I would have kept my mouth shut and let everyone else have to decide whether I was being sly or just clued out.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You see, the reason why Mesar isn't lighting the OHL on fire is because he's so advanced from playing with the elite talent in Tipos Extraliga that he literally can't even comprehend what his eyes are seeing in the dumpster fire that is the OHL. He's like Isaac Newton trying to fit in at a highschool party, none of it makes sense to him due to his big throbbing brain.

Luckily this bodes super well for his career in the super NHL.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I wouldnt waste a 7th round pick on Rehkopf, watch Arizona trade up to draft him 2nd round... :laugh:

Lol the crowd chanting "Lets go Losers!!"

Game over, London 4 Kitchener 0. Probably the easiest SO in Brett Brochu's carreer.
seriously? “Let’s go losers” bwahaha! That’s bad.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah but Kulich has more tools in his sleeves, he is for example strong af along the boards and has excellent 200ft game for his age.

They are extremely different players. I like Kulich and his game projects very well as a scoring winger. Mesar is much more of a water bug. He has great vision and creativity. I know they were drafted around the same time, but to me that's where the comparison ends. The bottom line is that Kulich is probably a safer pick, but I don't mind the Habs swinging for the fences given the depth they have in the prospect pool.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
So you double down on Mesar being too good for the OHL?

He's a very good player, but he's not too good for the OHL.
Woo, relax man, I just endorse the notion that watching the player play is better than anything else. And about the notion ithat he's too good for the OHL, his stats show the opposite

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
So you double down on Mesar being too good for the OHL?

He's a very good player, but he's not too good for the OHL.

let me guess, you havent watched a single game and you're making this statement based off his pts production.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
let me guess, you havent watched a single game and you're making this statement based off his pts production.

I've seen part of his games in the OHL. Also saw him in training camp.

I know you like to blame his teammates/coaches, but if you're too good for a league, you should be able to score at will, even with scrubs and a bad system.

Crosby did it, Lemieux did it, Radulov did it...

Again, I am not saying he's not a good player or that he won't be an impact player, but the notion that he was somehow too good for the OHL was and still is ridiculous.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
It’s not because Mesar were playing on men’s league in Slovakia last year, is telling « he is too good for the CHL ». I would like to know the quality of caliber in junior leagues in Slovakia. It’s probably really low and thats why he was playing against man. In The CHL, he is facing good competition.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I've seen part of his games in the OHL. Also saw him in training camp.

I know you like to blame his teammates/coaches, but if you're too good for a league, you should be able to score at will, even with scrubs and a bad system.

Crosby did it, Lemieux did it, Radulov did it...

Again, I am not saying he's not a good player or that he won't be an impact player, but the notion that he was somehow too good for the OHL was and still is ridiculous.

i always said his shot wasn't very accurate, so i personally never expected him to score a ton of goals... hes a playmaker first and the alleged first line of kitchener cannot keep up with his speed and IQ.

Also hes from europe...different communication queues and language

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Based on what I'm reading here, it could also him being used to playing on half-decent teams, whereas now that he's on a terrible one, he's having trouble finding motivation. This is a good way for someone to build character. It would not surprise me that he might be pouting a bit while he sees his best friend playing at the NHL level while he's "stuck" in the OHL on the worst team in the league. A lot of you forget that he's just a kid.

Making hyperbole statements about him now is definitely pre-mature. There's just not much to discuss now. We all know he's about 3 years away from making it to the big show, so why not take it easy on him in the meantime?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
i always said his shot wasn't very accurate, so i personally never expected him to score a ton of goals... hes a playmaker first and the alleged first line of kitchener cannot keep up with his speed and IQ.

Also hes from europe...different communication queues and language

If he can't get it done in the OHL due to different " communication queues and language", how do you expect him to do better in the AHL (or god forbid the NHL)?

The OHL is the right spot for him to get accustomed to NA. He'll also most likely will get traded to a OHL contender, so he'll get some playoff experience (which wouldn't be likely in the AHL/NHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad