Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I think a bigger question is whether you would be interested in committing to this player (whether $7 million or more) if he wasn't a home town hero?
A 24 yr old who can play center or wing (physical player). Who averages 50+ points a season? Oh and is rumoured to want to play for us. Damn right I'd be interested, regardless of where his birthplace was. The home town hero part would just be a nice cherry on top.

Jul 6, 2016
After having being super hot for 2-3 games, Mesar is back to ordinary....

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
After having being super hot for 2-3 games, Mesar is back to ordinary....
You obviously missed the games, he is generating alot of scoring chances every shift, he is very fast, dynamic and creative, will get plenty of multi pts games this year. I liked Pinelli better last game, so hopefully they keep on building chimestry.

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I live in Kitchener and have watched Mesar play live 4 times and caught another one of his games on TV. I’ll give a little insight to his slip in points.

Kitchener started off 0-5 and have been 6-2 since he has joined them. He has made a difference but the Rangers also traded for Constantini who is one of the best goalies in the OHL at the same time.

The first three games Mesar had a lot of playing time. I think it was more or less the coaches wanting to see what they have in him. Over the last little bit Kitchener has been on fire with a couple blowout wins in those games. To start the season off before the Rangers only had 12 goals through their first 5 games. Since joining the team the Rangers have scored 38 goals over 8 games. Much better production. During those bigger wins the coaches have been playing the second, third and fourth line a lot more. Their was a game against Sudbury where Kitchener won 7-2 and the game was starting to get really rough at the start of the third period. Mesar’s line didn’t even get a shift over the last 10 minutes of the game. Now Martin, Velade, Sop, Rehkopf, Zidlicky and Serpa have all really started playing good hockey.

It hasn’t been much of a reflection on Meaar as it has been the coaches wanting to get the whole team playing better. He has so much skill and the points will come. He is just being held back for the more important games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I live in Kitchener and have watched Mesar play live 4 times and caught another one of his games on TV. I’ll give a little insight to his slip in points.

Kitchener started off 0-5 and have been 6-2 since he has joined them. He has made a difference but the Rangers also traded for Constantini who is one of the best goalies in the OHL at the same time.

The first three games Mesar had a lot of playing time. I think it was more or less the coaches wanting to see what they have in him. Over the last little bit Kitchener has been on fire with a couple blowout wins in those games. To start the season off before the Rangers only had 12 goals through their first 5 games. Since joining the team the Rangers have scored 38 goals over 8 games. Much better production. During those bigger wins the coaches have been playing the second, third and fourth line a lot more. Their was a game against Sudbury where Kitchener won 7-2 and the game was starting to get really rough at the start of the third period. Mesar’s line didn’t even get a shift over the last 10 minutes of the game. Now Martin, Velade, Sop, Rehkopf, Zidlicky and Serpa have all really started playing good hockey.

It hasn’t been much of a reflection on Meaar as it has been the coaches wanting to get the whole team playing better. He has so much skill and the points will come. He is just being held back for the more important games.
Why hold Mesar back? Is this common practice by most teams in the league re their better players?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Why hold Mesar back? Is this common practice by most teams in the league re their better players?
Even at the NHL level, thats a common practice when the games are out of reach, coachs use different players on the the PP and reduce their best players ice time to prevent them from injuries and keep them fresh for the upcoming games. Last thing you want is frustrating the other team more and target your best players.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

Hockey is a team sport. Kitchener could go out there and ride the Mesar - Pinelli combo all game long and win lots of games with them putting up big points. Thing is you want to improve your whole team and not just select players. What happens if both of those players play in the World Juniors? You want your OHL team to be as good as they can and can play without their star players.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Watched him tonight. I was down at ice level again. Kitchener looked terrible, they were completely dominated by the Wolves.

I was surprised at how small Mesar is, but he seems to have a strong lower body cause he was able to absorb hits and I don't remember him being knocked down. Not a lot of positives to say on 5v5 tonight, he was great thru the neutral zone but the Rangers had a really tough time getting established in the Wolves zone and maintaining any pressure. On the powerplay it was a different story though, he looked good distributing the puck and made some nice distributions/seam passes.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Watched him tonight. I was down at ice level again. Kitchener looked terrible, they were completely dominated by the Wolves.

I was surprised at how small Mesar is, but he seems to have a strong lower body cause he was able to absorb hits and I don't remember him being knocked down. Not a lot of positives to say on 5v5 tonight, he was great thru the neutral zone but the Rangers had a really tough time getting established in the Wolves zone and maintaining any pressure. On the powerplay it was a different story though, he looked good distributing the puck and made some nice distributions/seam passes.
There is 0 chimestry between him and Pinelli, the smart move would be to move Mesar down the middle to use his strong skating, transitional and playmaking skills. Right now he is constantly chasing the puck... Did I say that I hate Pinelli?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
There is 0 chimestry between him and Pinelli, the smart move would be to move Mesar down the middle to use his strong skating, transitional and playmaking skills. Right now he is constantly chasing the puck... Did I say that I hate Pinelli?
If Pinelli is a first line forward i'm Santa

Reactions: Natey

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

We could use him quarterback our powerplay now. Drouin terrible back there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad