Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Mesar has very little supporting cast, Pinelli and Rehkopf are not fast, talended and smart enough to process the game at Mesar's level, thats very frustrating to watch... Starting to think he is losing his time there, the pace is way too slow for him.

Pinelli and Rehkopf are exactly the type of players I want to avoid at the drafts, I would ratther gamble on euros that can skate.
Amen

Reactions: themilosh

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I bet they'll trade him to a contender. When is the trade deadline in the OHL? He'll keep proving he's the real deal until a contender pays the price. Then he wins the memorial cup and everybody's happy.
Agreed.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him traded right around the WJC.

He’s lighting the OHL on fire which is a great sign, I absolutely loved the way he looked in preseason for us. You can tell he has an immense amount of Skill and an NHL pedigree - he just isn’t ready yet.

He’s going to be a good one!

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I bet they'll trade him to a contender. When is the trade deadline in the OHL? He'll keep proving he's the real deal until a contender pays the price. Then he wins the memorial cup and everybody's happy.
Kitchener is like 5-2 since he joined the team.

Reactions: jaffy27

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Mesar will not be traded, I guarantee you that. And to call Pinelli not a supporting cast to Mesar is laughable. Where do you think he is getting his points from? Mesar got robbed 3 times lastnight by a really good tender Lennox. In the end, Mesar is staying in the OHL this year, just get used to it. His future is fine. If you think he suffers after this year, maybe his adversity should be questioned, not the league, because there are plenty of good players in this league that will move onto the NHL (i.e WIFI!)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Mesar will not be traded, I guarantee you that. And to call Pinelli not a supporting cast to Mesar is laughable. Where do you think he is getting his points from? Mesar got robbed 3 times lastnight by a really good tender Lennox. In the end, Mesar is staying in the OHL this year, just get used to it. His future is fine. If you think he suffers after this year, maybe his adversity should be questioned, not the league, because there are plenty of good players in this league that will move onto the NHL (i.e WIFI!)
Pinelli had 2 horendous showings in a row where he flumbles on pucks and cant keep up with the pace Mesar is offering. I could make a compilation of his poor plays, but it would take me too much time.

Reactions: jaffy27

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You should do it. Don't forget to include his goals since we are cherry picking games.
And where do you want me to post this? In the "not good enough to play with Mesar' thread? Sorry, cant find a such thread anywhere. Pinelli's shot is by far his biggest asset, but if the kid aspire to a pro level carreer, his skating, puckhandling, playmaking need alot of improvement. Kid was producing at a PPG pace before Mesar joins the team, what is poor production level for a D+2 in the CHL. He needs to be better period.

Reactions: Toene

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
And where do you want me to post this? In the "not good enough to play with Mesar' thread? Sorry, cant find a such thread anywhere. Pinelli's shot is by far his biggest asset, but if the kid aspire to a pro level carreer, his skating, puckhandling, playmaking need alot of improvement. Kid was producing at a PPG pace before Mesar joins the team, what is poor production level for a D+2 in the CHL. He needs to be better period.
Lol then make one. I really don't care. If you want to blame anyone, blame your GM then. He's not going anywhere.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A lot of work to do to have decent odds at Fantelli.

Whereas the odds appear very good for Dubois.
Yes. Just what we need. Another bloated contract that everyone will be regreting two
years after the team offers and signs it. I’m still trying to figure out what an older Dubois will bring that a younger Dach can’t. Whatever it is, it won’t be worth the cost and cap limitations it brings.

• Haha
Reactions: Destopcorner

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yes. Just what we need. Another bloated contract that everyone will be regreting two
years after the team offers and signs it. I’m still trying to figure out what an older Dubois will bring that a younger Dach can’t. Whatever it is, it won’t be worth the cost and cap limitations it brings.
We don’t know that at this time.

All signs point to Dubois really wanting to play in Montreal. Once the cap has been established between Suzuki and Caufield’s deal Dubois won’t be in much of a position to ask for more than them.

The team is trending in the right direction and he seems to want to be here, don’t be surprised if he signs for less.

Reactions: Destopcorner

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
For the time being Dach appears to have issues at C but plays a good winger game.
Dubois at #2C makes sense. Some will say keep Monahan, but he’s older, and a history of serious injuries, and with Drouin on the way out there’ll be pressure to bring in the next French guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad