Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Comparison was mostly about ultra skilled forward that are first and foremost seen as offensive onese with work to do in neutral and defensive zone.

Kucherov was 174 when he was playing Juniors.
He has tools and speed but he doesn't process the game to be anywhere near Kuch or Pasta level. I think his ceiling is Viktor Arvidsson if miracle happens and he grows ALOT Necas.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He has tools and speed but he doesn't process the game to be anywhere near Kuch or Pasta level. I think his ceiling is Viktor Arvidsson if miracle happens and he grows ALOT Necas.
Kucherov was picked in the 2nd round. If he would have been seen as a player who processes the game like he did in the NHL, he would have been picked top 5.

Kucherov developed into the player he is now.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I'M impressed by how fast his release his and and hard and precise his wrister is. Hopefully that junior year builds him the confidence he needs to elevate his game in the pros.
I don't think he needs anymore confidence 😂😂

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Big things I think are getting stronger and playing aggressively. I think he’s made good strides on the latter in very short order. Very good sign but he still needs to keep improving that. Hopefully there’s still lots of room to improve there. I think there’s a fantastic player in there. We’re seeing some flashes. Just keep getting better buddy

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Kucherov was picked in the 2nd round. If he would have been seen as a player who processes the game like he did in the NHL, he would have been picked top 5.

Kucherov developed into the player he is now.
Kucherov was slated to go in 1st round but back in 2010-2014 timeframe recall there was Russian factor concerns (KHL), which is why lots of Russian players dropped including Kuznetsov in 2010

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Why is Kitchener suddenly an offensive juggernaut?
1 million percent coaching.

And we also heard about his trap/defensive style coming in, but it's not at all what we're seeing. He uses a high pressure, high work rate defensive system to acquire the puck. Then it's the same on offence and it works brilliantly.

Reactions: bopeep

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Kucherov was slated to go in 1st round but back in 2010-2014 timeframe recall there was Russian factor concerns (KHL), which is why lots of Russian players dropped including Kuznetsov in 2010
There's always a russian factor. Michkov also dropped for the russian factor. But he was still picked 8th. There's a limit to a drop if the only concern was the russian factor. Kuznetsov was still picked in the 1st round.

He does. 'Cause he won't be 2 times PPG in the AHL.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I agree. The OHL was the perfect place for him to flex his offensive game and gain confidence. Will see how he fairs in Laval next year. But this development is exactly what Mesar needed.
I don't expect him to continue a 2 ppg pace,but if he does all the better. Looking forward to seeing him at the Juniors tournament to see how he does there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree with you. What we see so far in OHL, it's very encouraging even if is a 19 years old at OHL.
Shouldn’t his numbers be more heavily weighted in the perspective of being a 19 year old in the OHL? I often see players getting downgraded in here on account of being overagers.

The recurring knock against him is how he shouldn’t have been picked over Kulich. I’ll be convinced that he’s arrived the day that he’ll be preferred over Kulich. If he can’t meet that standard, then I hope he can be traded for Kulich at some point. :sarcasm:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
There's always a russian factor. Michkov also dropped for the russian factor. But he was still picked 8th. There's a limit to a drop if the only concern was the russian factor. Kuznetsov was still picked in the 1st round.

He does. 'Cause he won't be 2 times PPG in the AHL.
Doesn't matter. Kid sees himself as a star already, so confidence is not something he's lacking on.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Interview with his coach, non-cliche answers on Mesar's play, ceiling and things to improve. Specifically mentionned that MTL did a good job preparing Mesar to go back to OHL, he wasn't sulking when he arrived in Kitchener and has been easy to coach.

nice article from Martineau who is doing a great job. That coach sounds impressive, should be on some NHL teams radars. He makes good points on what Mesar needs to work on.

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Mesar with a goal 30 seconds into the game
Who are the Habs player-bashers going to target next, now the Mesar is producing and Slaf is proving to be a NHLer? Always OK to criticize performance but not always OK to be bashing young players who are trying to improve, not quiting or sulking, but trying to fulfill their dreams of playing in the greatest hockey league.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Who are the Habs player bashers going to target next, now the Mesar is producing and Slaf is proving to be a NHLer? Always OK to criticize performance but not always OK to be bashing young players who are trying to improve, not quiting or sulking, but trying to fulfill their dreams of playing in the greatest hockey league.
There’s always our favourite 26 minute defenceman: Matheson. The player, to some, who can never do anything good.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Who are the Habs player bashers going to target next, now the Mesar is producing and Slaf is proving to be a NHLer? Always OK to criticize performance but not always OK to be bashing young players who are trying to improve, not quiting or sulking, but trying to fulfill their dreams of playing in the greatest hockey league.
Reinbacher? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad